How Long To Complete A Game?

Fish Man

Emperor
It takes me about 3-4, no more than 5 hours to complete a standard speed immortal game. What about you guys?

More than 5 but not a lot more , I'd say 7-8 hours for the same settings. Then I like to play the end game even if I won :)

small ~7 hours
standard 10~12 hours

I wish I could get a standard size game done in 4!

I definitely can't complete one game in one sitting, if that's what you mean. I don't know how much is that in game hours

About a week or two of real time spread out in many sessions. 8 to 12 hours of game time.

I play for the joy of the Game, so I don't CARE how long a game lasts; I'm still polishing up my act on prince, and now am able to handle 8-9 AI's, working up for more AI's .

I play on epic speed, and only a few hours a night (longer on weekends). One game will take about a week.

A very long time, though over many, many sessions. I play Marathon speed, see...

My record is one year and three months.
I played a huge map, marathon speed en played 5 turns per day (not including weekends and holidays). I wrote down what I did and made a plan once a week (what cities would produce this or that, what AI-opponent I was going to attack, et cetera).
Just fun to make a sort of written history of my country in Civ5

2.5 to 4 hours if I hit next turn. 12 to 20 hours if I do anything ambitious. Its rare that I keep playing a game more than 3 days in a row.

About 3 sessions at standard pace (2-4 hours each), about a week at Epic. I usually play Dom, but I'm relaxed about how long it takes.

My record is one year and three months.
I played a huge map, marathon speed en played 5 turns per day (not including weekends and holidays). I wrote down what I did and made a plan once a week (what cities would produce this or that, what AI-opponent I was going to attack, et cetera).
Just fun to make a sort of written history of my country in Civ5

Impressive !

even for a quick game on a tiny map I need many hours. I'd prefer bigger maps, but playing on a slow netbook changed that. :)

now I mostly play on tiny/small maps with marathon speed (with normal build times for units and epic build times for buildings - without the mod marathon would be just civ in slow motion ;)) such a game takes days/weeks.

Top Bottom