Victor: nobody!?!?

Jazzi

Chieftain
I'm fairly new to Civilization and have only played a few games on level 2 and 3 which I have won. The last one I played on level 3 was with England and I was going for space ship victory. In year 1964 I had full controll over the other civs' victory progress and I was just 5-6 turns away from completing the space ship, when the 'you have been defeated' and 'your civilization was overthrown by their foes' pops up! I couldn't understand anything. And I was unable to access the last page with overview of what had happened with the graph and stuff. When I clicked on it, the loading pointer went for teo seconds, and then nothing.
When I later looked at Hall of Fame, under victor it says nobody. How does that happen!? I have googled and looked all over the help-page and I have not found anything about there not being a winner. So can anyone tell me what I did wrong??

What turn was it when the defeat message appeared? It could be that you reached the last turn, and time victory was disabled. I can't even remember now if it's possible to disable time victory, but that's the best possibility I can think of.

Oh, right. 1964 isn't the final turn on any game speed, is it? :crazyeye: But then why would the victor be "nobody"?

Did you have the game on a set number of turns? IIRC, there is a setting there to limit the game to a certain number of turns. If you had that on and turned time victory off, then maybe that's what happened.

Did you have the game on a set number of turns? IIRC, there is a setting there to limit the game to a certain number of turns. If you had that on and turned time victory off, then maybe that's what happened.

How do I check that? I missed by a year in OP, it was year 1963, not 1964 - which means turn 383. It would be random if I somehow had managed to set the game to end there. And if so, I would be the victor with 372 points ahead of Rome. Unless the game think me a loser for not being able to complete the space ship by then ???

How do I check that? I missed by a year in OP, it was year 1963, not 1964 - which means turn 383. It would be random if I somehow had managed to set the game to end there. And if so, I would be the victor with 372 points ahead of Rome. Unless the game think me a loser for not being able to complete the space ship by then ???

I couldn't find any way to check it once you're in the game. But you could probably go to the advanced settings and check it there. If it was on in this game and the settings haven't been tampered with, it would probably still be on.

Jazzi: I copied and pasted the following from the Mac forum (credit to Alan H), on where to find your saved game:

The /Users/<your_name>/Library/ folder is hidden. Hold down the Option/Alt key and select the Finder's Go menu to see the Library option.

If your Civ5 is registered with Steam, then your saves are in
/Users/<your_name>/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Saves/

In either case, the Saves folder contains subfolders for different game types - hotseat, multi, poem, pit boss and single.

I downloaded the save and played it all the way to 1965(turn 385), but this did not happen to me. I checked and it seems all victories are enabled. One funny thing, though, was that I couldn't add a spaceship part after sending it to the capital, for some reason.

I downloaded the save and played it all the way to 1965(turn 385), but this did not happen to me. I checked and it seems all victories are enabled. One funny thing, though, was that I couldn't add a spaceship part after sending it to the capital, for some reason.

How exactly does that work? Do you and the AI make the excact same moves? :rolleyes:
Maybe it's some kind of weird bug from me then. I've had the game for 1-2 years but haven't really gotten into it before now, but I've been having some problems sometimes after the new Steam updates when starting the game; it can't find the previous saves and the cursor will be invisible. Rebooting steam always fixes the problem tho.

Top Bottom