QSC-C2(e & r) Registration Thread

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
This thread is to support player registration for the upcoming QSC-C2 games that will begin play on approximately February 10th, 2003.

If you are unfamiliar with the QSC progression style format then I suggest you visit thes two prior game examples to get a better idea of how the games proceed and what will be expected from each player:

QSC-C1 "Irritated Mao" Game
The "handyandy" Persian training game

The QSC or "Quick Start Challenge" games focus a lot of statistics on learning to play the first 120 turns of the game very well and to statistically comparing these game to other players. Make sure you plan the appropriate time commitment between February 10th and February 25th to complete your play commitments to the other players who will be in the QSC with you.

QSC-C2 will actually be two identical games from identical start positions with every aspect of the game identical except for the difficult level. QSC-C2e will be a higher difficulty level game (probably emperor) QSC-C2r will be a lower difficulty level game (monarch or regent).

The human playable civilization for both games will be a Civ3v1.29 equivalent for the Carthage as released in the PTW expansion pack. The civ will be different but equivalent in functional aspects. There will be a small graphics expansion that you will need to download and install to be able to play this game.

This post will be updated to list the players who have signed up for or been assigned to each of the two game brackets. If you would like to register to play in the QSC-C2 games you may post in this thread (but that does not guarantee you a slot) and please send cracker a PM indicating some of your past game play experience if you do not have a record of game submissions to the GOTM games during the past 6 months. Try not to say things like "I'm only playing if I can play diety or I'm only playing if I can play Warlord" because we need players of all skill levels to play the QSC games and actively compare notes in order to get the most out of the statistics and the discussion.

The number of slots available for each game is limited.

These QSC games will be a warm up event for GOTM17 where the same settings will be used and part of the intent here is to give some preference and advanced practice to players who are actively playing the GOTM games.

(bear with me as I set up the game play lists because I have to look at the big picture of keeping a mix of players in both of the planned games. What this means is that players in the middle of the range may not get scheduled immediately until we get a better picture of everyone who is interested. I will list everyone as an alternate until we confirm if there will be a total of 16 or 24 slots available. - cracker)

Registered List of Players: (game assignments shown)
_1) Charis (1-23) - Emperor
_2) HotRod0823 (1-23) - Emperor
_3) Skyfish (1-23) - Regent
_4) Justus II (1-23) - Emperor
_5) stwils (1-23) - Regent
_6) Zagnut (1-23) - Regent
_7) Takeo (1-23) - Regent
_8) Borealis (1-23) - Emperor
_9) Meldor (1-23) - Emperor
10) McDan (1-23) - Regent
11) Ronald (1-23) - Regent
12) Swiftsure (1-24) - Emperor
13) Zenga (1-24) - Regent
14) Nightfang (1-24) - Regent
15) Arizona Steve (1-24) - Emperor
16) Karasu (1-25) - Emperor
17) Flexo (1-31) - Emperor
18) PattonTwo (2-4) - Regent
19) drewshark (2-5) - Emperor
20) singularity (2-8) - Regent

Registered Alternates and/or Shadow Players:

I have PM'd cracker showing my interest in the game. I am interested to see new "active" GOTM players get more involved in the SG games.

I'm very interested to play.

Ronald

Sweet! This should prove to be a VERY interesting event, with not only very good information within games, but cross-difficulty.

I would be interested in a slot in QSC-C2
(Not clear if you wanted us to avoid saying C2a or if what you didn't want to hear "Deity plz")

I would tell lurkers that this is a fun and very instructional game, but the fact that a large number of QSC-C1 players are leaping in immediately speaks for itself! :goodjob:

Charis

I am interested in playing this game. I submitted GOTM15-QSC as my first QSC, but the opening is my favorite part of the game. That's why I havent submitted a lot of complete GOTMs, usually by the middle ages I move on to something else. (But I am submitting GOTM15, should be launching my spaceship tonight!). I would be willing to play either difficulty.

I'm Interested,
Is this scenario playable with PTW. I am planning on getting it prior to GOTM17 and if I can use it in the practice I will get it a leetle earlier:D

Pygzilla,

You may have missed the point of this games setup. The game will be a Civ3v1.29 game that replicates the choices you might make in a PTW Carthage game. This game will not necessarily be anything like the Gotm17 game except for the civ traits and UU strengths

When we get out to Gotm17 at the beginning of March, you will have a choice to play the game in Civ3v1.29 (you will not need to purchase PTW) or you can play essentially the same Gotm17 game in PTW as Carthage. SO there will be two different paths to the same end result. Your choice.

For this game, all players will play in Civ3v1.29 using the equivalent civ setup to be the equivalent of Carthage.

I don't have much going on (only plan at the moment is to join in the oscillating war RBE game when it starts), so shouldn't have any trouble finding enough time to play in this.

I usually play Deity BTW, with a little Emperor for rest and relaxation :)

Top Bottom