New Official Arriving / leaving / introduction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

You could technically say that I am new to this forum because I just registered a month ago, but I discovered this site almost a year and a half ago, and have been regularly browsing the threads since. I will try to put a mini FAQ here about myself as some other posters have done.

General Info I am 14, and a freshman in a New York High School.

Political Views My political views are not yet cemented in stone, so I would consider myself pretty open to new ideas. I am definitely on the left side of the political spectrum, which could be anywhere from commie to moderate democrat. I am also decidedly anti-bush. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but a large number of my views on issues that I don't know a lot about come from reading CFC threads.

Interests/Hobbies Music, sports (baseball, fencing), computer games (mainly strategy), and books (generally fantasy, occasional historical fiction or political).

Civilization Status I got Civ II when I was about 8, and thought it was fun, but didn't really get it. Then I recieved Civ III when it came out, and have been hooked ever since. Whenever I think I am finished with Civ, I will play other games for a few months but eventually return. I now have both expansions to Civ III. I currently play on emperor/demigod.

I might update this post later if I feel there is something I need to tell you. ;)

Vladyc said:
I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but a large number of my views on issues that I don't know a lot about come from reading CFC threads.
Oh, it's bad. Very, very bad.

ummmm........ said:
Oh, it's bad. Very, very bad.

I was just waiting for someone to say that. :lol:

Still, we have a pretty good representation of people from all over the world with many different positions. I don't simply accept anyone's opinion as fact, but try to stay open to all sides of the argument. I find it preferable to combine some of these ideas into my own opinion then to just listen to what some pundits on TV have to say.

Well. Tomorrow morning I'm going to Stockholm for a rather big party (700-800 people) and on Saturday I'm going to Arlanda (Stockholm International Airport) to skip to country for two weeks. :) Have a nice time people!

(And maybe this thread should replace the old arriving/leaving linkage in the OT Notice Board?)

I just started grad school research with one of my professors, so I'd become very busy. Starting next Monday I may no longer be able to post here on CFC anymore. It's not that I think OT sucks now (because somewhere in the crap, there's always something good), and it's not because I don't like you (though I probably don't), it's a matter of time (and the fact that I don't want to be still here when I'm 18). So Good bye everybody.

BTW, every advice I've given on CFC is a bad advice, so if you've taken anything I said seriously, sucks to you. Good bye

Good luck with your research

bye bye everyone ive gotta leave for school reasons, ive gone from a A-B for my GCSE's to C-D so im taking it as a sign to buckle down and get on with the work. you are all nice guys and i wish you all the best of luck with everything you do.

one last thing:theese guys are party animals :dance: :banana:
and this guy is just sooooo calming:coffee:

I won't be on CFC as much from now on (previously most of my free time! :eek: ) as in the few months i've been here (forsy few i never posted, middle few my PC was broke) i've suffered the following syptoms:

1) Loss of REAL social skills (i used to be good at talking, now i fid i hard to string a sentnece together! No joke!)

2) I don't see my mates anywhere near enough (pre-CFC once every 1/2 day(s), post-CFC once a month :()

3) Loss of memory- i tend to lose my memory far too quickly, i can't remember what i did yesterday without hard though and its hard to recall this morning!

4) I'm becoming dumb, i used to be A*/A/B, now i'm B-D :(

5) I'm too lax on school work "Oh i'll leave that coursework until i've been on CFC" 5 hours later "Lets forget my work and go to bed..."

6) I'm lazy around the house now, i used to help out, now i just sit at my PC on CFC...

7) Myh brain has mushed

9) My eyesight is decreasing even more rapidly :sad:

10) Gaining weight, back problems etc from constant sitting in wrong position...

If you see me on CFC often (eg. for more than an hour a night, i come on every night etc) please PM me and tell me to go away as i feel i am "needed" by you guys and if i don't post on CFC i will miss something important and i might be needed (which is obviously wrong).

Well goodbye (sorta anyway), i'll miss my "virtual friends", i hope i still have some real ones :sad:

@DP

Then please PM me ;)

PS This thread should be stickied...

G'day.

Back from a two week trip that included Stockholm, Rome, Athens and a place called Xanthi. What did I miss? The usual nagging? :)

Apparently rmsharpe is back, as evidenced by his post in Seleucus's labor union thread.

In case you cared, I have returned from Russia. Indescribably awesome trip.

toh6wy said:
In case you cared, I have returned from Russia. Indescribably awesome trip.

How are the Russian schoolchildren holding up?

(Welcome back, by the way.)

Taliesin said:
How are the Russian schoolchildren holding up?

(Welcome back, by the way.)

:D I was able to escape with only a few first degree burns, but the others weren't so lucky...

Man, my signature is so old... I really should get around to changing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom