SGOTM 14 - Fifth Element

I hope so!

So we have Cree and another new member thus far (Saru I think it was?). Any word regarding the issue you PM'ed us about Blub?

Edit: Consider sending a PM to Habitus and inviting him. He is still unallocated and he's an immortal level player that is pretty active in the community.
I already invited Habitus and he answered he will be glad to join us, but that he prefer to let the thing to AlanH.

About the other issue, they have enough members now, so they just said "good luck" in their 2nd PM.

Saru answered enthusiastically, but he's away until 01/06 and he probably missed my answer to post in the sign up.

So, we're in 5 unless some old member won't chime in. I mean even very old members.

So I just finished reading this entire thread. Congratz on the Victory! A bit tense when England/Mongols declared huh?!

As a new member I have no interest in rehasing conflict within 5th Element during SGOTM 14. It seems that none of you enjoyed fighting with each other and you all recognize that it hurts teamwork and just plain makes a SGOTM no fun.

Looking forward I would like to emphasis a few points that I feel are important for my participation:

1)Everyone's vote one the team is equal. It doesnt matter if you have played Civ4 since birth or how much testing someone has or hasn't done. Hopefully we can have an odd number so that ties do not become an issue.
2)Defining the question. Structuring votes and organizing the discussion and the thread have remarkable benefit. It gets everyone on the same page and eliminates confusion. I thought Unclethrill did a great job of organizing his posts and thoughts in a way the spurred positive discussion.
3)Punishing people for what you consider a mistake in a previous turnset through aggresive complaints, name calling, or YELLING serve no benefit and only make people mad, timid or advesarial. Polite Constructive Critisim and pointing out how things could be done differently in a future turnset or game ofcourse is different. Tone and intent matter.

Please dont feel insulted by my suggestions. I just really want to have a positive teamwork experience with a group I can tell are experienced and knowlegable players.

Bring on SGOTM 15! AUOMMM!

1)Everyone's vote one the team is equal. It doesnt matter if you have played Civ4 since birth or how much testing someone has or hasn't done. Hopefully we can have an odd number so that ties do not become an issue.
2)Defining the question. Structuring votes and organizing the discussion and the thread have remarkable benefit. It gets everyone on the same page and eliminates confusion. I thought Unclethrill did a great job of organizing his posts and thoughts in a way the spurred positive discussion.
3)Punishing people for what you consider a mistake in a previous turnset through aggresive complaints, name calling, or YELLING serve no benefit and only make people mad, timid or advesarial. Polite Constructive Critisim and pointing out how things could be done differently in a future turnset or game ofcourse is different. Tone and intent matter.

Quoted for truth.

So I just finished reading this entire thread. Congratz on the Victory! A bit tense when England/Mongols declared huh?!

As a new member I have no interest in rehasing conflict within 5th Element during SGOTM 14. It seems that none of you enjoyed fighting with each other and you all recognize that it hurts teamwork and just plain makes a SGOTM no fun.

Looking forward I would like to emphasis a few points that I feel are important for my participation:

Please dont feel insulted by my suggestions. I just really want to have a positive teamwork experience with a group I can tell are experienced and knowlegable players.

Bring on SGOTM 15! AUOMMM!

Sounds good to me 2! :):beer:

Less than 2 weeks from starting. Hopefully AlanH sends an unallocated player or two our way.

Just a heads up: I know I mentioned before SGotM 14 that I have a son on the way. Luckily there were no complications or medical issues that kept me from playing in that game, but this time around might be different. He is due Feb 4 and the docs say they will probably induce a week or so early. Conclusion: I may be mostly a lurker this SG, depending on how the birth/first few weeks of life goes and how much sleep I'm able to get. However, I am going to be optimistic and say that I will probably just disappear for a week or two and then be back and ready to contribute :thumbsup:

PS: Everyone have a good Christmas/New Year's? How's the weather in Italy Blub? Gotta be better than here :p

Less than 2 weeks from starting. Hopefully AlanH sends an unallocated player or two our way.
We need some more people, mainly if you risk to be away for some week.
Just a heads up: I know I mentioned before SGotM 14 that I have a son on the way. Luckily there were no complications or medical issues that kept me from playing in that game, but this time around might be different. He is due Feb 4 and the docs say they will probably induce a week or so early. Conclusion: I may be mostly a lurker this SG, depending on how the birth/first few weeks of life goes and how much sleep I'm able to get. However, I am going to be optimistic and say that I will probably just disappear for a week or two and then be back and ready to contribute :thumbsup:
You're incredibly prolific :lol: or is the kid the same one? the second, i think. Well, best wishes, i just hope he's not like my daughter.
PS: Everyone have a good Christmas/New Year's? How's the weather in Italy Blub? Gotta be better than here :p
A normal Xmas season, nothing exiciting, nothing bad.
My region, near Venice, have a good weather this year. Never seen snow and just some shower of rain. Very dry for the season. Actually i don't know where "here" is or i forgot. Somewhere in the States is all i remember. I can exclude Hawaii, Florida California and a few more states given what you said.

You're incredibly prolific :lol: or is the kid the same one?

Same little guy. I'm not THAT good :D

"Here" is Kentucky, a place of little consequence unless you enjoy cigarettes, bourbon, horses, or hillbillies :crazyeye: Bourbon is the only one of those that does it for me. 1 out of 4 is not bad right? :sad:

Same little guy. I'm not THAT good :D

"Here" is Kentucky, a place of little consequence unless you enjoy cigarettes, bourbon, horses, or hillbillies :crazyeye: Bourbon is the only one of those that does it for me. 1 out of 4 is not bad right? :sad:
I like cigarettes, bourbon - even if i drink something less than once a month, but i know and like Kentucky's bourbon* - horses, but i never learnt to ride, hillibillies??? my english does not arrive there.

* I suspect that the one that arrives here is like the italian food in the States or in most foreign countries: not even comparable to the "same" we got here.

Usually you can tell a good Kentucky bourbon by swishing it around in your glass. The longer a syrupy film remains on the sides of the glass after the liquid has settled, as a rule, the better the bourbon.

Hillbilly --->
Spoiler :
hillbilly.jpg

is that Hillbilly you Meow? ;) Hillbillies may also arguably as be called hoosiers, rednecks, bumpkins, moutainmen, hicks or NASCAR Fans.

America has the most diverse food in the world, that diversity of culture is the beuaty of this country. Of course I don't know if that diversity has found it's way to Kentucky.....(by the way I went to College in Southern Illinois University just over the border and I can attest that in Carbondale Il you cannot find world class italian!)

My favorite meals I had in Italy were lobster linguini in Cinque Terre and a walnut cream ravioli in Florence. Sorry BLubmuz but the worst food I had was in Venice! I think I was too poor to go to the good places there.

olo!11!1! I wish that was me! He still has all of his teeth as far as I can tell. Shewt, he's probably even got shoes on!

Your synonyms are spot on. I lol'd @ NASCAR fans. Wal-Mart shoppers also works.

Spoiler :
google "people of walmart" for some laughs

+1 to 'merica having good eats and lots of variety, in food and general culture. ++1 for our proximity to Mexico and their food. Sorry, but I just don't care too much about Italian when there's a Mexican dive in a 50 mile radius :D Bruschetta is yum though.

congrats Meow.

Just to let you all know that I'm sitting the next SGOTM out. I've got 3 kids under 5 at the moment, with our daughter a beautiful 6 months old. Plus work, and I've got a few other things going in my life at the moment, so I can't commit to a full sgotm.

good luck!

Just to let you all know that I'm sitting the next SGOTM out. I've got 3 kids under 5 at the moment, with our daughter a beautiful 6 months old. Plus work, and I've got a few other things going in my life at the moment, so I can't commit to a full sgotm.

good luck!
I'll miss you, despite our dispute in the last SG. I hope to have you back for next one. All the best, see ya soon.

congrats Meow.

good luck!

I understand completly. I have 4 little ones under foot so I can relate. Good luck and I sure hope you join us for the next one. Feel free to be a vocal viewer of the thread

Top Bottom