thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus Mod

thecrazyscot

Spiffy

My Omnibus Mod brings together my building packs as well as new units, luxuries, promotions and dozens of updates and quality-of-life improvements aimed at complementing and improving the core Civ V gameplay in every era.

FEATURES
  • 50+ new buildings, 40+ updated buildings
  • New buildings to provide every strategic resource
  • 9 new unique policy luxuries, 3 new city-state luxuries
  • 10+ new units, 10+ new promotions
  • New mercenary units in every era (except Ancient)
  • New light infantry upgrade path for Scouts
  • Modern vehicles now require oil
  • New technology (Fishing)
  • Policy updates
  • New Culture panel
  • Warmonger penalties are less severe
  • …and more!

View the Readme for the full list of changes.

COMPATIBILITY

Brave New World and Gods & Kings are required. Also known to be incompatible with the following mods:
Spoiler :
More Luxuries by Barathor
More City-States Luxuries by CapitãoRolinho
More Mercantile Mod by sukritact
Reform and Rule by Machiavelli
Tiny Death Robots by salec
MGS Outer Heaven Civilization by Vice Virtuoso
Any of my individual building packs
Any mod which changes CulturePanel.lua

This list is not all-inclusive and there may be other incompatible mods I am unaware of.

COMPONENTS

If you prefer to play with mods which conflict with the Omnibus mod, I am gradually making several individual components available for download to allow you to mix and match mods for maximum compatibility.

Modern Units Component | Download from the Omnibus Homepage
This component only includes the late game unit additions and changes. It does not include the Mercenary or Light Infantry components, nor does it include any buildings, policy changes, or new resources. View the Steam page for the full list of changes.

------------------------------------------------------------

BUILDING PACKS

You can also download individual building packs. My building packs include 14 individual mods with a total of 34 new buildings and 14 updates to existing buildings.

These mods have a cumulative subscriber total of over 205,000 people on the Steam Workshop!

Here’s the list of available packs:
  • Ancient Building Pack #1
  • Ancient Building Pack #2
  • Classical Building Pack
  • Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack
  • Industrial Building Pack
  • Strategic Building Pack
  • Cistern & Marina
  • Unique Policy Buildings
  • Enhanced Military Buildings
  • Improved Granary
  • Improved Caravansary
  • Improved Water Mill
  • Improved Lighthouse
  • Improved Windmill

Thank you for all your work. I'm going to try these out. Keep it up, love modding Civ V! :goodjob::king:

Really love this. Finally gives me some stuff to constantly build! Even in modern era I find myself with many buildings from 2-3 eras before that I havent built yet. I also like how many of them are multi function so you could either focus on one resource, or get more at the same time but at a slower pace.

For some reason all of the mods that alter and enhance existing buildings and improvements are having major problems when combined with whoward's DLL, Machivelli's Reform and Rule and any modded civilization. I was crashing to desktop after turn 200 for months until I found the combination, but I don't nkow why this is happening. the mods that add buildings are fine though.

same here with the conflict, DLL - Various Mod Components, , no buildings, can see the added policy text in the hover hints,,... what else should I look for,

btw BIG THANKS FOR THE AWESOME BUILDING PACKS :)

CTD soon as i build my 1st city :mad:

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    21.2 KB · Views: 248
I've been using this mod with "Blood and Iron (v 1)" , "Landmines for BNW (v 3)" , "Combat Medic (v 3)" , "U.N.-Peacekeeper (v 2_1)" , "Less Warmonger Hate (v 10)" , "Airship" and "Industrialized Worker (v1)" integrates flawlessly, thanks really appreciate it, It enhances the game IMO just right for me.

I get this:

Only use this mod. Playing on mac with all DLC and latest version...

I get the same images, and a lot of 'substitute' images for your buildings and units that are recycled from the standard icons.

I'm using a PC and not a Mac, and yours is the only Mod I have enabled. Also have all DLC and the latest version, to my knowledge.

Any help for the technologically disinclined? :)

I just discovered this Omnibus mod and it looks like one of the best mods out there. You've fixed so many problems with one mod, it's amazing. I especially like the Strategic Building Pack!

A couple of questions:

1. Granary: "If used along with my 'Improved Caravansary' mod, be sure to load Improved Granary LAST". When I load Civ5 and go to the Mods screen, how can I choose which order they're installed?

2. The memorial requires architecture and so does the tourism bonus. Does that mean it automatically gets +2 tourism when built or is it a typo?

Memorial
+3 Culture
+2 Tourism with Architecture
+1 Happiness
+1 Artist slot
Requires Aesthetics and Architecture

EDIT: I've found the answer to the 1st question. I guess I'll figure out the 2nd one once I download the mod.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521961

I've updated the Omnibus Mod to be compatible with the latest version of BNW (finally!).

Additionally, I've moved the hosting to a different site (link in OP), cleaned up the downloads sections, and updated documentation - it should be easier now to find the mods you want.

----------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the late response grmagne.

I just discovered this Omnibus mod and it looks like one of the best mods out there. You've fixed so many problems with one mod, it's amazing. I especially like the Strategic Building Pack!

Thank you for your kind words!

2. The memorial requires architecture and so does the tourism bonus. Does that mean it automatically gets +2 tourism when built or is it a typo?

It automatically gets +2 tourism :)

Top Bottom