Civ 5: Echoes of Ages

Cyrinno

Warlord

Echoes of Ages - CiVilization Plus+
Your Normal CiVilization 5 Game Plus+ a Whole Lot More.
Gods & Kings Edition

Religion Capitals
Customise your CiV and use these new buildings to make sure you are able to found a religion before other players.

The Company
Companies have been added to the game which allow you to use early game(or late game) resources when you can no longer use them on units.

Power Plants
The Power plant system has been redesigned with three new power plants. Hydro, Coal and Geothermal.

Refineries
The Recycling Center has now been joined by the Oil Refinery to give you another source of late game resources. The 5 building limit is also gone.

Combat
All the units in the game have gotten a balance pass to maintain a rock-paper-sissors type gameplay thats there from that start but seems to fall off in the end game.

Modern Era Units
Air units use Aluminum and Tank/Naval units use Oil all the way up to the end of the game.

Building Balance
Existing buildings have been given a working over, buildings now have a basic and a complex bonus. This concept of bonuses has been carried on into the retail game in recent official patches.

New Buildings

12 new meaningful building additions that help fill some gaps in the game. Provides a more interesting game for a builder player. Go Tall don't goto War! :)

Happiness
Luxury resources now give 3 happiness but this is offset by having more happiness buildings. This makes it easy to expand and you arn't tied to luxury resources.

Policy
The Rationalism policy tree has had a revision and should encourage science cities with academies.

Contact Information

Updates can be found at www.cyrinno.com
Please report any bugs or balance feedback.

*Thanks to everyone for trying my mods.

*Recently featured on MODCast Episode 44. Thank you to all the casters there. :)

Nice mod. I downloaded it last night. Harvest Festival is truly a welcome addition. ;)

This is just purely out of curiosity... What is it about a Police Station that gives +3 production? People are working harder because they're watched by the police? Not trying to criticize anything, just curious about the idea. :)

This is just purely out of curiosity... What is it about a Police Station that gives +3 production? People are working harder because they're watched by the police? Not trying to criticize anything, just curious about the idea. :)

In my mod Police Station gives +1 Production for each 4 Citizens. My reasoning is that without a police force, crime is out of control and hurts production. It could give +gold also, but I prefer production since it's related to most aspects of society.

This mod sounds interesting. A few of questions though:
- Just to be clear; for the modified buildings, unless otherwise noted, they retain their original effects, correct? For example, the Temple/ Museum/Opera House buildings retain their original culture boost, but get the additional effect of border growth?
- Am I right to assume that this mod is not compatible with other mods which affect buildings and improvements? Specifically, I generally use the CCMAT modpack, but there seems to be some overlap - would one trump the other if both were active? If so, perhaps remove the tile improvement aspect of this mod so as to increase compatibility and keep the focus on buildings.
- Could you list the tech requirements for the new buildings?
Thanks! Look forward to trying it out!

In my mod Police Station gives +1 Production for each 4 Citizens. My reasoning is that without a police force, crime is out of control and hurts production. It could give +gold also, but I prefer production since it's related to most aspects of society.

Yeah good idea, police stations reduces the black economy and improves the economic performance!

Good mod! although overlapping with other good mods and in general I prefer lower bonuses.

Yes it overlaps with other mods ATM. It was just buildings but since I've began tweaking all over the place I had to rename and relaunch.

Mostly I've been tweaking for personal use and havn't had much time to look at the other mods. I apologise about any compatabilities.

Police Stations to improve productivity because people feel safer. Rather then having small businesses ransomed by mafias :p

It was a Productivity by population bonus initially however 1 to 10 meant a town of 30 gets three and not all towns have big populations. The strategy behind it, is to put it in low developed front line towns to increase their productivity and defense from invasion. (I didn't want big towns getting too big a bonus but didn't want small towns to suffer on this one. Big towns already should have enough hammers I find my mod adds 20% hammers over all to big towns maybe slightly less so thats a 20% boost to production. Small towns and towns with no mines/forests got a 50% boost to production to make constructing buildings far less frustrating :) )

I already had a building that was good in big towns the autobahn and tried to develop a different placement strategy.

The racing carnival for example has no maintenance in towns with horses. So all three have a unique strategy :)

Nearly all the buildings retain the original effects, idea is to make sure all buildings have a basic and interesting bonus and the original effect is converted into either the basic or itneresting bonus.

By making balance changes through buildings instead of just modifying say science or production costs makes city building more important which brings a disadvantage to long wars.

A long war will mean your cities will be weaker. One of my test games I had the Iroquis beat me to a space race because they hadn't gone to war had 10 cities on their continent and had full infrustructure. I had gone to war and had been lagged behind.

Didn't even watch the score and didn't see it coming. Made me feel good to know the buildings were AI friendly though. :)

I am reviewing early game ship balance in next version as pre frigates can't even scratch a city and probably redesigning the coast friendly buildings.

I am also thinking of adding in religion in some form as buildings.

Such as build the capital building of your religion a national wonder which thenopens up other buildings to be built in every city. Opinions?

This mod sounds interesting. A few of questions though:
- Just to be clear; for the modified buildings, unless otherwise noted, they retain their original effects, correct? For example, the Temple/ Museum/Opera House buildings retain their original culture boost, but get the additional effect of border growth?
- Am I right to assume that this mod is not compatible with other mods which affect buildings and improvements? Specifically, I generally use the CCMAT modpack, but there seems to be some overlap - would one trump the other if both were active? If so, perhaps remove the tile improvement aspect of this mod so as to increase compatibility and keep the focus on buildings.
- Could you list the tech requirements for the new buildings?
Thanks! Look forward to trying it out!

Tech Information you requested has been added.

Version 10 Release

3 New Buildings to increase navy training and production.
Harbour +25% production removed.

All Ships have been reviewed and buffs to be useful in combat.

New File in Attachment in original post with more information on all the changes this patch.

this mod crashes to desktop everytime as soon as i have uncovered half the map on large maps
windows 7 64x

can you use other mods with this i use a few extra civs, extra city states, balance terrain improvement mod, contrived construction v3 adds brewery building mod added to wheat, steel foundry mod , beyond the future tech mod, tiny death bots, advance missile mod, city state diplomancy 2.0, start with scout and civil engineer.

can you use other mods with this i use a few extra civs, extra city states, balance terrain improvement mod, contrived construction v3 adds brewery building mod added to wheat, steel foundry mod , beyond the future tech mod, tiny death bots, advance missile mod, city state diplomancy 2.0, start with scout and civil engineer.

I'm not sure what mods are compatible but that could be the cause of the problem. For example my mod has terrain improvements in it, so that mod may cause issues. Generally you have to look for overlap to see what compatible and whats not.

Top Bottom