Always crashes on same turn

sav

Prince
I'm enjoying the game, but am being forced to stop because of annoying bug. At some point - different every game - it'll crash, and every time I reload it, it crashes on the same turn.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing it, or how to get past it? Sometimes going into crappy 2D mode works, other times not.

Can be at any point in the game too, but usually between 200-300 turns. DOesn't seem to be related to map size or anything. Sometimes I get through to the end, about half the time I can't.

Really has killed my enthusiasm for what now is shaping up to be a good game :(

I just fixed this for myself (will make a new thread about it).

Go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and open GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini
Then change LeaderTextureBackgroundLoad = 0 to a higher number, 3 and up fixes the same-turn-crashes for me!

Turns out it crashes because Ghengis kahn appears and the game cant deal with unloading the map graphics fast enough to manage to load the leader-head textures without crashing. The above setting at anything above 0, lets the game take half a second extra time to "calm down and load it properly" lol :)

It may help for DX9 too, to change the default 4 to a 6, but i never had any problems with that in dx9 anyway so.

Yeah same here, crashed later on instead :(

It's strange, with my old 450GTS i never got a single crash, even in dx11. Not a single time, not even the first day of release.
Now with my 560TI i get the same crashes people have reported since launch. :/

My husband was able to complete 2 games without problems. Now cannot get past a point in the game where the screen freezes. Upgraded the power supply and graphic card with no change. Windows Vista 64 bit, Dell inspiron 530. Old card was hd4350, new is hd 6750. It has gotten to the point where he hates this game doesn't even want to get on the computer

i found a way round this a while ago. Just change to Strategic view, on the iffy turn when you click 'Next Turn'.

My husband was able to complete 2 games without problems. Now cannot get past a point in the game where the screen freezes. Upgraded the power supply and graphic card with no change. Windows Vista 64 bit, Dell inspiron 530. Old card was hd4350, new is hd 6750. It has gotten to the point where he hates this game doesn't even want to get on the computer

Am I correct that you'd like him to play more Civ 5? ;) Oh, to have a wife like this. :lol:

Hi all,

As I have found a solution for this problem I would like to share with you all.
If none of the above mentioned help you and the game crashed during an AI's TURN then you probably have the same issue that I am having:

The problem is that at a certain moment in the game an AI player is killing another unit from another AI or taking over a city from another AI.
As it happens sometimes (due to mods or game itself I don't know) this makes a bug which will result in a game crash.

Since the AI player will always do the same after you reload a loaded game the problem always keeps occuring and your game becomes unplayable, pretty frustrating when you try to finish for once a marathon deity game on a huge map...

Solution

1) download the mod In Game Editor (IGE)
2) save your game the 1 turn BEFORE the game always crashes.
3) watch the AI players taking turn and notice which AI player is at play when the game crashes.
4) load the saved game again and open up the IGE mod.
5) change player towards the AI player who was at play when the game crashes (click civilization's icon in green and choose the right AI's civilization).

6a) go to the units and cities tabs and look for cities who are close to being destroyed -> delete those cities.
-> change back to your own civilization and continue the game: the bug may be fixed and you can continue your game.

6b) if the above didn't help, you can try to choose EXPLORE or REVEAL ALL on the map through IGE mod and delete all heavilly damaged units from the AI's player or any AI he is fighting with.

6c) if the above didn't help, try looking for any AI player's cities which the crashing AI player is nearly taking over and delete this city.

6d) if all the above didn't help or you don't want to invest time in looking this up, you can choose the option KILL to entirely remove this AI from the game and all his units.
-> this solution should always solve the issue.

6e) if all the above still didn't help then it is most likely that you mistaken the AI player because the game crashing before showing the bugging AI player even takes turn (crashes too fast).
In this case it is a good idea to write down for yourself the turn order of each AI so you can easilly find out which civilization to delete.

So, as you can see there are some sacrifices to be made to the game but hey if the AI player is bugging out your game after 1000+ turns then he DESERVES TO DIE RIGHT??!!!

Don't worry about killing one of the most powerful AI's in this turn, other AI players will gladly take up the empty space especially on deity.

Good luck, hope it helps!

Top Bottom