Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

Great work Nutty! Quick Question: Does v15 work with G&K or just vanilla?

(i apologize if this has already been mentioned somewhere)

Oh, it's compatible with G&K now? Great!

I was really looking forward to having Ethnic Diversity, but the offical R.E.D. modpack includes mandatory scaling and formations, and I just want vanilla scaling.

Hello, and I must say, you're mod is one of my favorites, and certainly one of the first I have ever used for Civilization V. I have to thank you for your effort (as well as everyone else who contributed to this mod) in making it.

I am new to this site, and though I don't know crap about modding, I wouldn't mind helping to test the Single Unit Graphics, either. I prefer to use it since it helps the game run smoother, especially on my computer.

Sorry, I've had a very busy weekend. I'll let you know about testing by PM.

Hello there, congrats on the mod. A really noob question here, after I´ve downloaded from here, http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=326585&d=1342630167

how shall I do to install the mod? Thanks.

Copy that file to your mods directory--if you're running Vista or Windows 7, it should be something like "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Mods"--and unzip it there. Next time you run Civilization, you should be able to activate it from your mod list. Gedemon's mod will need to be activated first.

For your mod mod of RED 15, do we replace the folders in RED or do we activate in game when we activate RED?

thanks for making this! RED's tiny figures hurt my eyes trying to find thins on my screen

edit: oops! answered above! I'm an idiot...

Hey Nutty! I was playing yesterday with your alpha v.15 E.D. with vanilla scaling you uploaded a couple posts before and I have a tiny question: will you adjust the formations and number of figures in each unit to vanilla scale as well? This is for example an issue with ethnic spearmen units which in Gedemon's R.E.D have a formation 4 men wide and 6 men deep, they almost spill out of their hex space with vanilla scale. And when a vanilla spearmen arrives with half as much men in formation, it does look weird. :)

will you adjust the formations and number of figures in each unit to vanilla scale as well?

Sorry about that! In general, I do; and I'm not sure how that problem was overlooked, especially with a unit so early in the tech tree.

I finally had a chance to take a look at the problem, and it's an easy enough fix. I'll upload it later tonight.

Sorry to be incompetent, but what is the difference between R.E.D. - Just Ethnic Diversity v 15 alpha (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19757) and R.E.D. Modpack v 15 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15434)? Can the latter be placed and recognized in the MODS folder?

Running G&K.

JED is an add-on to RED (ie, JED requires RED to be active) that reverses the changes to unit scale back to vanilla. Some people find that although the relative scale is more realistic, they miss the details of the new ethnic units.

You can download both from the database here, and unzip in your mods directory. RED, but not JED, is also available in the in-game mod browser.

Top Bottom