Firaxis' official Gods & Kings site now up and running!

The word he says 'rike' is hard to translate to english
It's "realm". Also think "lineage" is a better translation of æt. And "esteemed" for agtede.

Amazing! Have been waiting for this for a long time. :) Now just have to check it out!

(only preorder on Steam missing, end of the month is too far away...)

I know a bit of Irish and that wouldn't be Irish. Neither would it be Scottish Gaelic or Manx by extension as those are almost intelligible to an Irish speaker.

I'm almost certain it's Welsh and if not Welsh, Cornish or Breton. She uses her Welsh name Buddug and on top of that the phrase "Brenhines y Celtiaid" (Queen of the Celts). The equivalent phrase in Irish isn't similar in sound.

I'm not a Welsh speaker myself, but I'm almost certain the speaker has a Welsh accent.

I know a bit of Irish and that wouldn't be Irish. Neither would it be Scottish Gaelic or Manx by extension as those are almost intelligible to an Irish speaker.

I'm almost certain it's Welsh and if not Welsh, Cornish or Breton. She uses her Welsh name Buddug and on top of that the phrase "Brenhines y Celtiaid" (Queen of the Celts). The equivalent phrase in Irish isn't similar in sound.

Thanks for confirming this. I too am absolutely positive it's Welsh, based on the few words I can detect. Yay!

For whatever reason, Maria Teresa's patio reminds me of the scene in the recent Sherlock Holmes 2 movie where he plays chess against Moriarty on a similar patio over the waterfall.

Austria intro is ugh... Couldn't find an older female voice perhaps?

Attila's accent is too Russian, but his words are not similar with anything Slavic at all. It's like a Russian-speaking man reading a text on an unknown language, written in cyrillic.

All the screens are amazing, Theodora's is the best though. Is she speaking Latin?

No, that's not Latin. Think it is something related to Greek by the sound, but I'm not certain.

holy crap maya sounds OP on a quick game!!!

Just as 'OP' as it is for a Marathon, Epic or Normal game.
Everything scales with game speeds, so while you are getting your GPs faster on Quick, it won't give you any advantage over the 4.5 times slower-coming GPs on Marathon...

No, that's not Latin. Think it is something related to Greek by the sound, but I'm not certain.

Yes, if that's Latin, I'll eat my hat. I heard a word ending on -os, so I'm pretty sure it's Greek (although it might not be modern Greek).

In what way does he sound young? Is there an element of Swedish that might give away age or has my brain tricked me into thinking he sounds middle-aged? Is Swedish usually spoken in a deeper voice?

Not a fan of the Theodora screen. I mean, I know that she had a less-than-clean background which, according to some sources, may have continued into her adult life, but she looks like she's about to offer me favours instead of a diplomatic interaction. I think they could have hinted at that while still having something accords slightly better with the aesthetics of Byzantine art/culture. Guess they wanted more sexy female leaders, though.

Top Bottom