Smart AI mod released!! Discussion on the mod

AI has improved their naval game, for sure. However in my game I was able to annihilate opposing forces via submarines. With the wolfpack 2 promotion subs are 90 strength and can 1 shot frigates, ironclads, and even other subs. This might be better for your balance mod thread, but this should be addressed somewhere. The AI's inability to remember also contributes to the player's strength with subs.

AI has improved their naval game, for sure. However in my game I was able to annihilate opposing forces via submarines. With the wolfpack 2 promotion subs are 90 strength and can 1 shot frigates, ironclads, and even other subs. This might be better for your balance mod thread, but this should be addressed somewhere. The AI's inability to remember also contributes to the player's strength with subs.

Yeah, AI doesn't remember anything, thet kind of "fix" should be done here on the dll mod, but that's a complex change and will take some time to get it going.

A simple alternative would be to let the AI "cheat" and look at rival's units, within a certain range beyond normal visual sight. Player does get to see which cities have planes, at least give that to the AI.

Actually the AI already cheats for Air warfare, but the original code is so stupid it doesn't even matter. The units end attacking one after another to a AA unit or a city dying to interceptions and the target itself.

I'm not sure if this mod makes any changes to Diplo and Word Congress. I've started my first WC sessions but, how strange, three proposals were made at each WC session (one by the host and two more from two AIs instead of one as usual). And more, when the session to select next host came, all of the AIs selected ME to remain the host instead of using votes for themselves (note that i made DOFs with most of them and had the most votes at that time). I'm not sure if it's b/c of your mod but these changes never happen to my previous games without your mod. This is just a constructive report so i'm sorry if i'm wrong.

A simple alternative would be to let the AI "cheat" and look at rival's units, within a certain range beyond normal visual sight. Player does get to see which cities have planes, at least give that to the AI.

The difficulty with this approach is to code it so the AI still seems to act logically, else the players will be frustrated by some "magic" moves.

About the last part, I do agree that it should have at least the same vision as the human. (but humans seeing aircraft in FOW looks more like a bug than a feature)

Speaking of air warfare and seeing units do they use the fighter sweep function any more than normal with this mod? Even in their own territory where they can see them they suicide their airforce on AA guns on a regular basis. I still haven't gotten that far in my game yet.

tried this mod today on prince and I was taken a back to see how much further along everyone was. i was in the middle of the pack in a world of 9 civs and 9 city states. poland was way out ahead thanks to their incredible start and salt, but the science and decision making in a lot of aspects seemed so much better. I gave up after 300 turns and DOW'd on everyone, giving up all my cities but London to Cassimir (who proceeded to burn them to the ground).

Huge thumbs up!! Keep up the good work and improving things :D

I have huge dilemma between Civ IV diplomatic features mod and this one (they are incompatible yet) - which one would you choose? :D

Also - I really wouldn't like to be annoying and I am patient, just I am interested... Are you DLL modders waiting with merging whoward's DLL and this DLL mod till 'final version' or have you started it? :)

Also - I really wouldn't like to be annoying and I am patient, just I am interested... Are you DLL modders waiting with merging whoward's DLL and this DLL mod till 'final version' or have you started it? :)
PM me

Of course i will. We have a very strange ai problem in CCTP and any help for the ai is welcome.
With the permission of the creator i would like to suggest using this mod and CCTP.
But for this we would need a tweaked DLL:

Of course i will. We have a very strange ai problem in CCTP and any help for the ai is welcome.
With the permission of the creator i would like to suggest using this mod and CCTP.
But for this we would need a tweaked DLL:

I've uploaded the code at https://github.com/Ninakoru/Civ5-DLL, please feel free to use it. I really can't add more to this private conversations :)

I'm not sure if this mod makes any changes to Diplo and Word Congress. I've started my first WC sessions but, how strange, three proposals were made at each WC session (one by the host and two more from two AIs instead of one as usual). And more, when the session to select next host came, all of the AIs selected ME to remain the host instead of using votes for themselves (note that i made DOFs with most of them and had the most votes at that time). I'm not sure if it's b/c of your mod but these changes never happen to my previous games without your mod. This is just a constructive report so i'm sorry if i'm wrong.

Sorry I didn't see this one. Didn't make any change into world congress and the only change on diplo has nothing to do with this (is a trade enhancement to avoid obsolete items as part of AI trade evaluations).

three proposals were made at each WC session (one by the host and two more from two AIs instead of one as usual). And more, when the session to select next host came, all of the AIs selected ME to remain the host instead of using votes for themselves (note that i made DOFs with most of them and had the most votes at that time).

Sounds like you're using CSD as those are features of that mod - in which case there will be a conflict as both mods include DLLs

I have huge dilemma between Civ IV diplomatic features mod and this one (they are incompatible yet) - which one would you choose? :D

Any news on that? I'd hate to be too nosy, but I agree with Krajze that those two mods are meant to be together at some point :)

That's part of CSD (which, as Whoward mentions, you shouldn't try to use with another DLL mod until they're merged). If the AI isn't capable of claiming the host seat on its own, it'll vote for its best friend. Sounds like you are just a really nice chap. :)

Also, Ninakoru, you are doing good work here. I'm not sure what code you are using for the gold purchasing of units and buildings, but you might take a look at what I did for CSD and see if it is similar.
G

Top Bottom