+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

I'm really curious then, what additional civs will be scenario-only
Hungary? Poland? Venice?

I suspect they would be mostly city-states. Poland's size might suggest something different, but I think they'll fudge on the numbers a bit.

Yeah, I know the story, but it seems so out-of-place.
I might be wrong, but as far as I know it's more about Scottish independence than about religious struggles (afaik they were all still Catholics then), also it was centuries before the renaissance.

I don't mind, but I just found it a bit odd. Could've been a city state.

Yeah, I personally would have gone with a City-State (well, two city-states). That being said, while Scotland wasn't as much about religion, Ireland certainly was. Irish rebellions or supports for various English Kings were based on religion (French support had something to do with this too).

And it's nice to see the Sea Beggars confirmed, although I'm disappointed the Dutch achievement is about Brielle and not about the liberation of Leiden, but that's because I'm from Leiden.

(Every year we still celebrate the liberation by sea beggars from the Spanish on the 3rd of october :) It's an enormous festival, if anyone's in the neighbourhood around that time I can highly recommend it ;) )

Given this information, it seems that Sea Beggars are a commonly known ship. I'm surprised so many people insisted they were actually called Sea Daggers.

Also, I'm disappointed that #45 is called Holier Than You instead of Holier Than Thou - or is that too obvious?

Sea Beggars were thought to be Sea Daggers because a German guy misheard them.

I think that's the point.

The point being that they're so much holier that they change the traditional wording? I still prefer Holier Than Thou because I'm a big Metallica fan.

12. RAM Usage - Research Satellites while playing as Attila on a huge map.

God I hoped I'd never have a reason to play a Huge map again. That is obnoxious.

I think you have to actually research satellites, not just start with it.

If you start in Modern Era you start with all techs prior to Modern Era, so you actually have to physically research it in order to get it, thus saving you the time.

If you select Future Era, you start with all but Future Tech, you slecet MOdern, and same thing. So unless Satelittes have been moved before mOdern era (pardon random capitals, fast typing makes me clumsy). then you simply select the era the tech is in.

I had only looked at the OP which listed it as Holier Than You. I feel much better now that I know it's Thou.

Sorry, I am not a native english speaker and to be honest I don't even know the meaning of the word "thou".
So writing in a rush 52 rows, I have probably seen "you", which is more familiar to me :)
I will adjust the opening post.

Sorry, I am not a native english speaker and to be honest I don't even know the meaning of the word "thou".
So writing in a rush 52 rows, I have probably seen "you", which is more familiar to me :)
I will adjust the opening post.

Thou is the original You informal singular. You was plural and/or formal.

If you're from Romania, to translate:
Thou - Tu
You - Voi

Eventually, people decided to only use the formal "you" and it became seen as less formal.

Thanks for explaining. I was quite amazed to see you mentioning romanian words :) but you are right, in romanian the plural is used when speaking to someone not very close (like a stranger), as a sign of respect or, as you said, formal. It's same rule as in Spanish or French I think.

Thanks for explaining. I was quite amazed to see you mentioning romanian words :) but you are right, in romanian the plural is used when speaking to someone not very close (like a stranger), as a sign of respect or, as you said, formal. It's same rule as in Spanish or French I think.

I don't know about French, but Spanish has the formal "tu" and the informal "usted"

Technically, Spanish uses Usted, which is third person rather than second person plural. It's the same as French and Italian. Incidentally, Italian exactly uses Tu and Voi (when I looked up the Romanian, it caught me by surprise because I can speak at least a little Italian).

It makes sense since both Italian and Romanian are Romanic languages and therefore should have quite some similarities.

Yes, but in italian as a formal way it's usually used "Lei" which is the third singular person. "Voi" is even more formal and is used only in very rare cases :)

Back on topic...the first time i saw the list "Junta for Red October" was called "Banana city" or something. I liked that name more than the actual :(

Top Bottom