Kirby's Civilizations

KirbyATK48

Chieftain

KirbyMD's Civilizations

In Progress Civs

Spoiler :

Korowai
Leader: Kilikili

UA - Khakua Sacrifice - Upon killing a barbarian, a unit will receive a permanent 10% combat bonus (stackable to 50%)

UU - Khayo Wawir (Replaces Archer) - Double Movement through Jungle/Forest. Can cross river without taking penalty. Starts with Barrage I Promotion

UI - Khaim - Can only be built in forest/jungle. +50% Defense, ranged units in tree houses gain Indirect Fire promotion while on tile. +1 production.

Mod Support (will add more later): YnAEMP

Will be Done: mid to late May with code, hopefully late May to early June for full release
Currently need: Lua for River Crossing and UA, 3D unit art, 3D UI art, Music, 2D Map/DOM art

Side Note: Might be rebooting this project as I really would like to see it through. Still need to figure out some Lua stuff and then get art.

Leader Screen: Keniisu
Civ Icon: Keniisu/Klisz

Last edited:
Do you need art? I can make civ icons, UU/UB icons and unit flags. Just need some source images. Also, I recommend that you change the UU name. Otherwise, it'll appear in game as "Korowai Korowai Archer".

Side Note: Trying to translate: "ʔæ'jɔ: wæ'wi:ɾ̥" and "su: ʔɔ:β" into normal English letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd go with something like "'Ayóó Wawíír" and "Suu 'Oov", respectively. (Not exactly 'normal English letters' for the former since there are acute accents to represent stressed syllables, but it'll show up fine in-game.)

Do you need art? I can make civ icons, UU/UB icons and unit flags. Just need some source images. Also, I recommend that you change the UU name. Otherwise, it'll appear in game as "Korowai Korowai Archer".

The needed translations are to replace Korowai Archer and Tree House respectively, so that won't be an issue.

I'm actually really excited to get to the art, but if I don't end up getting the time to (I am required to finish this project by mid-May) then I may hit you up for that

I'd go with something like "'Ayóó Wawíír" and "Suu 'Oov", respectively. (Not exactly 'normal English letters' for the former since there are acute accents to represent stressed syllables, but it'll show up fine in-game.)

Awesome sauce. I figured some accents of some kind would be needed. Just got confused, tried to translate them myself and it was all sorts of crazy. Thanks!

Looking forward to it!

I like the design, it's nice to see you get into the modding community. For some extra utility for the UI, I might recommend reducing/removing the attack bonus and adding Indirect Fire for stationed ranged units.

I like the design, it's nice to see you get into the modding community. For some extra utility for the UI, I might recommend reducing/removing the attack bonus and adding Indirect Fire for stationed ranged units.

Aw yes, that is way better. I was kinda iffy on the attack bonus, just couldn't think of another idea. I like this better though. Thanks Sasquatch! I'm looking forward to being part of this community!

Not sure if I've mentioned this as well, but the AI won't want to build the improvement unless it provides a yield. Maybe lower the defense to 50% and give it some production?

Not sure if I've mentioned this as well, but the AI won't want to build the improvement unless it provides a yield. Maybe lower the defense to 50% and give it some production?

Interesting, so what if it was 40% defense, 1 production at start, and all ranged units on tile gain Indirect Fire?

Gotta do it good for the AI. They will win all the AI games

Interesting, so what if it was 40% defense, 1 production at start, and all ranged units on tile gain Indirect Fire?

Gotta do it good for the AI. They will win all the AI games

Yeah, that should work. What tech does it unlock at, by the way?

Seems like you did it using Gimp. I'm sorry to tell you, but the template doesn't work properly on it. Here's the icon done in Photoshop. Basically the changes are that the template is working properly, making it more Firaxis-like and adding more depth. I also reduced the size of the leaf so it doesn't touch the borders, something you should avoid doing in the future. Finally, it is also less jagged, but not by much due to its shape.

Seems like you did it using Gimp. I'm sorry to tell you, but the template doesn't work properly on it. Here's the icon done in Photoshop. Basically the changes are that the template is working properly, making it more Firaxis-like and adding more depth. I also reduced the size of the leaf so it doesn't touch the borders, something you should avoid doing in the future. Finally, it is also less jagged, but not by much due to its shape.

Thanks a ton! I used a PSD plugin for paint.net cause yay free software. Thanks for sharpening it up for me! This looks real nice

Top Bottom