Caveman 2 Cosmos

When I go to custom game I can't add more than 18 civs regardless of the size of the map I've picked. Also, when I pick gigantic sized maps I always get a CTD on the loading game screen (maps that were giant or below have worked fine).

when I download the mod and try to unrar the file I get the errors Nextwar//assets/ wonders. header file corrupt I will try to redownload the file to see if it happens again
I thought I would let you know.

OK, i downloaded a copy and it works fine for me, NO problems what so ever, sorry.

When I go to custom game I can't add more than 18 civs regardless of the size of the map I've picked. Also, when I pick gigantic sized maps I always get a CTD on the loading game screen (maps that were giant or below have worked fine).

Yeah i set the maps for Huge and under only, 17 or less civs, because of the tech tree being so large and long. If i didnt do this it would slow to a snails pace and wont play very good in the latter years. But you can add your own dll for maps and make it any size map after that. But anything higher than Huge is a risk anyways for MAF in late games.

well I attempted another download and same wonder movie header error

well I attempted another download and same wonder movie header error

Can you take a pic of the error if possible, and the logs.
What are you using for Civ4, Complete, Vista, etc?

Make sure you have NO debugging logging or python logging on.

I am not using the complete edition and cannot see the interface.
I am using XP, am patched up to date, and have Blue Marble installed.
Any help would be great.....Thanks!:goodjob:

I am not using the complete edition and cannot see the interface.
I am using XP, am patched up to date, and have Blue Marble installed.
Any help would be great.....Thanks!:goodjob:

Sure if you go into the Next War Advanced folder and open up a file named: Next War Advanced readme, and look at the last paragraph of item 1, it explains the Civ4 Complete interface problem. Hope this helps.;)

EDIT: Just a word to the wise also, i have turned off alot of stuff in the Civ ALerts mod part of the game, if you want to turn them on it explain how to do that also in the file named: Next War Advanced Config

Its big, but i am going to make it huge, i have like 30 more civs to add right now, i want to add 70 more.

And thx for the words of encouragement, as i said in a different post, i like your merged mod also. Wish i could do some stuff like that, but only stuff without a dll or SDK changes.

Just curious -- why exactly are you opposed to dll changes? I'm pretty sure you could contract some work out, if you really wanted it included (no, I am NOT volunteering, I've got enough on my plate!). :)

Just curious -- why exactly are you opposed to dll changes? I'm pretty sure you could contract some work out, if you really wanted it included (no, I am NOT volunteering, I've got enough on my plate!). :)

ahahah, i dont like dll's cause i have no idea how to compile. :crazyeye: I have tried like fifteen times and asked lots of people to do them but they never do (or say they have too much on their plates, LOL).:p So i just give up.
If i could figure out how to compile, i probably wont mind it. I went by the instructions, but to no avail.:blush: But thx for asking.;)

ahahah, i dont like dll's cause i have no idea how to compile. :crazyeye: I have tried like fifteen times and asked lots of people to do them but they never do (or say they have too much on their plates, LOL).:p So i just give up.
If i could figure out how to compile, i probably wont mind it. I went by the instructions, but to no avail.:blush: But thx for asking.;)

you don't have to compile your own DLL though, UNLESS you have to merge two different ones. so for example if you decided to add revdcm to this mod, it would require no dll compiling, as revdcm's default dll would work out allright ( ask kalimakhus if you don't believe me :p ) . you probably knew that already, but telling you doesn't hurt either ;)

Sure if you go into the Next War Advanced folder and open up a file named: Next War Advanced readme, and look at the last paragraph of item 1, it explains the Civ4 Complete interface problem. Hope this helps.;)

EDIT: Just a word to the wise also, i have turned off alot of stuff in the Civ ALerts mod part of the game, if you want to turn them on it explain how to do that also in the file named: Next War Advanced Config

I do not have Civ4 Complete, I bought them all separately. Thanks.

[to_xp]Gekko;7178004 said:
you don't have to compile your own DLL though, UNLESS you have to merge two different ones. so for example if you decided to add revdcm to this mod, it would require no dll compiling, as revdcm's default dll would work out allright ( ask kalimakhus if you don't believe me :p ) . you probably knew that already, but telling you doesn't hurt either ;)

Your right i did know that, and thx for stating the question.
But what if the person that made the Revolution mod left CFC, then i'd be stuck with all the changes that i made to accommodate it and then i'd have no idea how to make another one, as explained above. Alot of people on here say they would help, but then when a person asks SOME of them they either left CFC or are too busy with real life etc.
I have even asked some (from a big mod) for help and no response 4 times, about different things also.
So if i do not know how to do it, i wont add it anymore, just like in my last MOD i made, i asked for the person to redo his dll and he helped out alot of other people but not me, and i even PMed him to no avail. Now he said he is leaving CFC, so again same problem, and i'd rather not have these kind i cant control, sorry. This might seem alittle lame, but anyways.:blush:

Even after reinstall, I am having the same issue.
-no Civ4 Complete, each part of game purchased individually, patched up to date.
-Blue Marble only other mod installed
-XP
Thanks!

I run xp bought all three separate . I already deleted the mod when the problems resurfaced sorry i could nt be more help:(

jdog or glider leaving CFC? that would be a catastrophe for the modding community, I hope it never happens :D ( it makes me so sad that TheLopez is no longer around for example :( )

Thanks.
I am itchin' to try this mod:sad:

Did you at any point patch to 3.02? That is the only reason it would fail, cause i dont use a dll, SDK, or even GFC resources. And like i said, i download this version from FileFront and it worked fine right away, in the Mods folder, next to AfterWorld/Broken Star, etc.

[to_xp]Gekko;7178752 said:
jdog or glider leaving CFC? that would be a catastrophe for the modding community, I hope it never happens :D ( it makes me so sad that TheLopez is no longer around for example :( )

Yeah, TheLopez helped me out on my first start of the modding for Warlords.

Hey man!!!
Itry your mod and I didnt get any erorors,and what is for sure this mod is vreally huge,impresive work but if I can be open hearted I expect much more from this mod!!!
When I see the thread Iwas very happy,finaly something goood to play,but after a few minutes I realize that is just like others mods with some changes!
not single new unit or just simple reskin just to refresh mod!!!
Please dont get me wrong I know you spend hours to make this mod it is yust you are one of my favorite modmaker and you create some amazing things it is just that I expect some crazy new stuf like you did with next war so I was thinking this is gona be some crazy expansion of next war.
Man I totally lost myself in this replay,
splendid work here,I couldnt do this for another milion years,
take care man,please dont be offend!!!

Hey man!!!
Itry your mod and I didnt get any erorors,and what is for sure this mod is vreally huge,impresive work but if I can be open hearted I expect much more from this mod!!!
When I see the thread Iwas very happy,finaly something goood to play,but after a few minutes I realize that is just like others mods with some changes!
not single new unit or just simple reskin just to refresh mod!!!
Please dont get me wrong I know you spend hours to make this mod it is yust you are one of my favorite modmaker and you create some amazing things it is just that I expect some crazy new stuf like you did with next war so I was thinking this is gona be some crazy expansion of next war.
Man I totally lost myself in this replay,
splendid work here,I couldnt do this for another milion years,
take care man,please dont be offend!!!

OK, all i was trying to do here, was add the FLAVOR units to each and every Standard Civ for Civ4, for others to use as a base, then later i will expand to more civs like Cuba, Frisians, VietNam, Hungary etc. But for now all i wanted out was the base. And i think i forgot the HolyRoman civ, darn.
But what this is, is Flavor units galore each civ has at a minimum of ten each, and as stated in the Features area, Ethiopia has 50 units included.
Besides you will not find a more Flavorful mod out there right now, CLOSE but not quite.
And i never take offense when people at least write and say whats on thier minds, so thx.

YOU ARE THE mAn!:)

Thx, i needed that, after putting this all together, it took me like five months or more.

Now to everyone out there. I am redoing the Holy Roman civ and need advise on WHO to use as a Leaderhead (of course it has to be a LH from CFC), also what flag to use for this, need some advise thx.:confused:

Top Bottom