1000 ways you know you played Alpha Centauri too much!

227 - You think that Albow's comment means that the UN Charter has been repelled without you noticing...

228 - ...but then you realize that it hasn't been put in place yet...

229 - ...so you use a Planet Buster to end the Palestine problem once and for all...

230 - ...and wonder why you find yourself questioned by the CIA and FBI the next day.

No. ???: You replace Bin Laden wanted posters with Chairman Yang wanted posters.

1000 You write the 1000th reason for this thread in an attempt to close it....

232.) you live in a hotel cause you refuse to build your house anywhere other than the ruins

233.) after years of looking u actually found ruins but destroyed them trying to planet bust the guy's house who got there before you.

234.) lost your job because you were trying to use your psi powers to get a raise

235.) you never paid your mortgage and when they took your house you said you needed higher morale and a higher police rating

239) You wake up one morning and ask yourself: "Why must the human genetic code be considdered sacred, ot taboo?"

240) You refer to your computer as a 'network node'.

241) You go to a funeral, and wonder when they'll lower the body into the recycling tanks.

242) You read the entire forum out loud to a friend on the phone hoping to use itas a psi attack

243) he tries to planet bust you afterwards

244) you then add to the forum to make the psi attack more powerful

245: You meticuate whether to hit Lal with a planet buster or send your locusts of chiron after him.

246: You decide to use both.

247: You open a present and you find yourself in in completely different surroundings.

251. You come here every once in a while, even though the forum's practically dead, and you know this.

252. SMAC quotes keep popping into your head at the leat convenient times.

253. When every little detail around you reminds you of SMAC.

254. You wonder why everyone's so upset about global warming - why can't we just launch a solar shade? :confused:

255. You pass over buying Civ because you've got Alpha Centauri (for Mac)
256. You try to decide which world leader is which SMAC leader
257. You try to decide which world leaders are using which economics
258. You read a book which happens to have red vegetation in it and are convinced it's set on Planet

I have been guilty of all of these!

259: You periodically switch between CIV and SMAC (guilty)
260: You are not very good at either, but still play (guilty)
261: You powergame by having Singularity Deathspheres when everyone else only have chaos guns (guilty)

Sophie 378 said:
258. You read a book which happens to have red vegetation in it and are convinced it's set on Planet
Actually, the fungi is pink with a combination of red, if i remember correctly. :confused: :lol:

262: You create an uber-faction to pwn all the other factions ( :D )
263: You think Koffi annan should have plastic surgery and rename himself Pravin Lal
264: You go to scotland to look for Deirdre after learning that she dances naked through the trees :groucho: :D

265 - ...and when you don't find her you realize that it is because she isn't born yet.

266 - You spam Firaxis with emails pleading them to make SMAC2.

267 - You think that the reason we haven't come very far yet is that people are too busy playing SMAC to post here.

268. You feel relieved when you boot up your copy of SMACX after pulling your hair out for an hour trying to get your copy of Civ IV to work. :mad:

The Person said:
266 - You spam Firaxis with emails pleading them to make SMAC2.

I know I havent done this while concsious, but, I am asleep for 9 hours a night... Or so i think....:hmm:

Sophie 378 said:
Well ... some views are incredibly convincing (xenofungus-wise) :lol: :
-> Somewhere at the the north of Kamchatka :

Sometimes, Earth does look like a civ-like-game map (visible underlying grid) :D :
(Note that this is a large scale organization of space, millions of acres are like that)
-> Somewhere in the Middle West :

269 You stil play SMAC even if Civ IV is out

270 You read through all pages and laughs from what it says

Top Bottom