[Religion and Revolution]: General Questions and Discussions

Hi, I was wondering how ship capturing works, especially regarding what ships can capture or be captured and what the chances are. Great mod by the way.

On a related note, how are calculated the chances of captured cargo? I've been playing for a few days, and never captured anything.

On a related note, how are calculated the chances of captured cargo? I've been playing for a few days, and never captured anything.

As far as I know, only the Privateer and Pirate Frigate can capture cargo. but it happens any time you beat a ship with goods as cargo.

Well... I already read the Colonizopedia (this is not my first rodeo), and even check the target vessels to be sure they cargo stuff and not units; but, even when they usually sink the enemy ships, cargo is never seized.

So, the question is: What are the odds for capturing cargo and/or vessels? If it is as much as a 50% chance, i can take it as a streak of extreme bad luck (%%$& happens), otherwise, somethings is not working as intended. In my game at least.

Hello Religion and Revolution team and players.

I downloaded TAC and have played a ton of it. Its Great! The only thing I did not like about it was that if i had no Victory Conditions set I could not fight the WOI. I was wondering if in your mod R&R, Is there any way of playing an endless game and still Fight the WOI or If I only have Independence victory checked, can i still play after victory?

Thanks for your time. I have DL R&R and looked at the Celopedia but It does not tell me anything about "No Victory Conditions checked" in the "Victory" section.

Well... I already read the Colonizopedia (this is not my first rodeo), and even check the target vessels to be sure they cargo stuff and not units; but, even when they usually sink the enemy ships, cargo is never seized.

So, the question is: What are the odds for capturing cargo and/or vessels? If it is as much as a 50% chance, i can take it as a streak of extreme bad luck (%%$& happens), otherwise, somethings is not working as intended. In my game at least.

I will check this today evening and edit this post accordingly. Pretty sure the % is around 50 or so. These weird streaks happen. In my current game I've had 5 successive missionaries failing (even though the % of success is 60)

Hello everybody.. I never get tired of playing this mod.
Can someone tell me if there is an xml setting to change the number of turns required (culture) to get the city expanded?

Thanks!

Can someone tell me if there is an xml setting to change the number of turns required (culture) to get the city expanded?
From what I can tell, it is in the file GameInfo\CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

More specifically it is iThreshold. The culture level of the city is the highest level where the stored culture is higher than iThreshold. Note that the highest level is lowest in the XML file. Do note that iThreshold is for normal gamespeed and will increase/decrease when using other game speeds.

It doesn't look like it is possible to set how many plots each level will get. Instead the radius of the "culture circle" is the same as the level, hence once again it is just a matter of counting in the XML file.

Thanks Night, I was just looking for that. I was thinking that some values are extremely high: On Epic speed, after passing the 15k culture points, the next level requires 150k, which is almost imposible to reach. I was just thinking about modifying it a bit in my current game.
I also noticed that the Statue of Governour requires too many hammers, more than other national wonders that are actually more useful. So I changed that too.
Just little things to make the game a bit more accurate and funny.

Thanks!,
DZ

Hey guys.. One more question: Is there any way to force the revolution? I had 11 colonies, 75% of independence sentiment, hundreds of soldiers and dozens of ships, also each colony has at least 50% of rebel sentiment. But I cannot use the Initiate Rebelion button. It is very annoying!! I prepare myself for the world, the REF is huge an it will be amazing, but I cannot make it happens!
Maybe is just a bug, or it is a problem in my saved game.
One more thing, I didn't set any victory condition, because I want to continue playing after that.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers!

One more thing, I didn't set any victory condition, because I want to continue playing after that.
That's it.

Commander, I cannot declare the independence if that is not a victory condition?
So, I can assume that other nations won't be defeated if Domination is not set, or I don't no what should happens with the Industrialization, but it won't occur either?

Thanks,

I cannot declare the independence if that is not a victory condition?

Correct.

That has nothing to do with RaR though - that comes from Vanilla.
(It is one of the many things on my list I wanted to change but never came to while I was still an active modder. see here)

That is a very bad new for me. I spent a lot of time in my last game haha.
I tried to use the Editor to declare the war to my King, but it did not work. It seems like I should start a new one. I will wait for release 2.3 for that.
Can someone explain the Industralization condition, or tell me where to find some info about it? I cannot find anything.

Thanks for your amazing work.
Cheers!

Can someone explain the Industralization condition, or tell me where to find some info about it? I cannot find anything.
The colony which first hits the threshold will win an "industrial victory". Note that ALL "produced" yields are counted for this, even crosses, bells and the like (don't know about health, though).
The respective value can be adjusted in Civ4GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, if I'm not mistaken.

Colopedia (Game Concepts -> Victory Conditions) about that Victory Condition is in fact very short.
(The German description is only slightly better than the English one.)

Basically, if you accomplish to build up your colonies enough to produce a certain (very high) amount of yields per turn, you win.
(To achieve this you need to build many cities with lots of workers of course.)

I never cared for that Victory Condition - meaning that I never activated it in my games.
(I know very little about it. It was added to TAC by other TAC team members. It is not a new RaR feature.)

Industralization victory is a chance of a peaceful victory. In fact in theory you can win without ever being in war. However I tend to disable it because it provides an empty feeling. Suddenly you get a message that you won and you didn't feel like you did anything. Totally unlike the other victory conditions where you feel like you actually did something to gain it.

I cannot help myself..

Before starting a game, I tried to change the AI leaders to have two of the same nation (it actually worked if the nation is not yours) and I think that I broke something, as now everytime I try to start a new game with default settings The Archbishop is not appearing in the game.
Do you know how to solve that? is there a way to reset ALL the settings to its default without having to reinstall the game?

thanks!

I cannot help myself..

Before starting a game, I tried to change the AI leaders to have two of the same nation (it actually worked if the nation is not yours) and I think that I broke something, as now everytime I try to start a new game with default settings The Archbishop is not appearing in the game.
Do you know how to solve that? is there a way to reset ALL the settings to its default without having to reinstall the game?

thanks!
How did you achieve that? Through game options or in editing the WBSave file on Notepad?

If you did so through Notepad, be sure that you have a total of 48 players and that the two last ones are let free, like this:
Code:
BeginTeam
	TeamID=47
EndTeam
BeginTeam
	TeamID=48
EndTeam

And the same thing for the BeginPlayer tags:
Code:
BeginPlayer
	Team=47
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
	Team=48
EndPlayer

Don't add the wild animals or the church by hand on the WBSave file. That won't make them in. They have to be added by the program itself when your game is generated.

I have a small question ...

I tried to change the map size of the gigantic map to a little bit smaller sized map (80x120), but it didn't worked.

What i have done so fare:
I changed the values iGridWidth and iGridHeight in the CIV4WorldInfo.xml (\MODS\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets\XML\GameInfo), cleared the cache and started a new random game (FaireWeather) but the map is still 110x215 tiles.

What have I done wrong???

I also changed some other values (iDefaultPlayers, iDefaultNativePlayers, iTargetNumCities) and these changes took affect.

Top Bottom