News: TSG94 Announcement

It's 27 minutes past midnight CST, but the save file still says it's unavailable.

Not very motivated by this VC but I will give it a whirl. 200 turns in Prince is an OK investment.

Looks fun! I think I'll just do my "natural" playing style here, as going for fastest possible victory has always seemed a bit forced to me.
I tend to enjoy the beginning of the game (first 150-250 turns, i.e. land grabbing and exploration) more than the late game, which sometimes becomes tedious as I just click through turns trying to reach the prescribed VC.
So, definitely looking forward to playing this one! :D Thanks Hammer!!

It's 27 minutes past midnight CST, but the save file still says it's unavailable.

Sorry for the error. The database was told the game would start in 2015. I've fixed it.

After thinking about it for a few days, I have decided on a World Church faith denial strategy. Or a Ceremonial Burial, maybe.

This looks an interesting GOTM, I suspect there will be quite a few differing strategies as we are not aiming for the usual specific VC / fastest win.

If this was a higher difficulty level I would have probably gone for the approach of letting the AI build the wonders while I focussed on economy and military for a late-game world tour.

Maybe there's a more cunning approach than simply wonder-spamming...

Playing wide and conquering is the way to go. There's no point in trying to tech fast, your points will come from pop/territory/cities first and then from wonders/religion. Conquering will give you a lot of these for "free". Just pick a happiness religion.

Does anyone know how Religion-points are calculated? I would assume followers bring x points, more points for more beliefs.

Sorry for the error. The database was told the game would start in 2015. I've fixed it.

Wow! I figured it was probably set for 12pm instead of 12am. At least it was an easy fix. Thanks.

Playing wide and conquering is the way to go. There's no point in trying to tech fast, your points will come from pop/territory/cities first and then from wonders/religion. Conquering will give you a lot of these for "free". Just pick a happiness religion.

Not sure about that. IN my experience wide empires do not have mach more pop before ideology and chance to get ideology that fast unreal for wide empires.

I suspect some sort of tradition opening with selective conquest near end will be optimum.

Question come, does population in resistance count? Or other points (from wanders) for cities in resistance?

Played a couple of test games trying slightly different approaches: one playing peacefully, tall, spamming wonders and religion, another playing a little more wider and aggressively.

Interestingly in both games the points contributions were roughly the same, with wonders (built or nicked) and population outweighing everything else:

1. wonders (~35% of total)
2. population (~25%)
3. everything else (~40%) with religion and techs being most important

Obviously we all have different strategies and 'pet' approaches, so I'd be interesting to see the breakdown from other posters games.

- stride

score game! this one looks interesting (but I have no idea how to get high scores..)

Top Bottom