The Resource Mod

Why are you adding wild animal resources like Lion/Tiger/Bear/Wolf/Alligator in the game?
Also, you should categorize your addons, and separate them from the original ones

Anyway, running through your list, a couple suggestions:
Rabbit, Sea Lion, Walrus in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=413706
Prime Timber/Timber, Honey and Olives in almost all the big mods - have at lest 4-5 different skins

Honey, Olives, Relic, Slave, Tea, Timber from RFCE
Sorghum, Opium, Hemp, Honey, Olives from SoI
Papyrus, Flax, Honey, Opium, Olives, Timber, Lapis Lazuli from TAM

Why are you adding wild animal resources like Lion/Tiger/Bear/Wolf/Alligator in the game?
Also, you should categorize your addons, and separate them from the original ones

Anyway, running through your list, a couple suggestions:
Rabbit, Sea Lion, Walrus in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=413706
Prime Timber/Timber, Honey and Olives in almost all the big mods - have at lest 4-5 different skins

Honey, Olives, Relic, Slave, Tea, Timber from RFCE
Sorghum, Opium, Hemp, Honey, Olives from SoI
Papyrus, Flax, Honey, Opium, Olives, Timber, Lapis Lazuli from TAM

These all sound like very good additions.

This mod was requested by RPG, and he requested that ALL of them be in there, and i aggree. in the end, im not going to add the "best" resources, im going to add all of them. Resources seem to be the trickiest thing to find on the website, most of them arent available to download sepereate, and you need to find them within mods, when this is completed i think it will almost be better as a resource database then an actual mod (to me playing a mod that only changes resources doesnt sound to fun) but this is an easy way to find all the resources in one place, and with the xml files, will really help other modders:D

And thanks for your suggestions, ive seen all of them before and will add them, i already targeted most of those, its just im really busy with other projects, so i released this before adding those, so i can atleast get the first version out.

Also its definatly not the "best" resources, cuz i strongly disagree with timber in any mod. I think thats absolutely pointless, since isnt that basically what the forest is for? Nonetheless i will add that:D

RESMOD that I updated to 3.19 for myself credit goes to CreativeMind and Zuul
feel free to use any thing from it. It does work in 3.19

This mod was requested by RPG, and he requested that ALL of them be in there, and i aggree. in the end, im not going to add the "best" resources, im going to add all of them. Resources seem to be the trickiest thing to find on the website, most of them arent available to download sepereate, and you need to find them within mods, when this is completed i think it will almost be better as a resource database then an actual mod (to me playing a mod that only changes resources doesnt sound to fun) but this is an easy way to find all the resources in one place, and with the xml files, will really help other modders:D

And thanks for your suggestions, ive seen all of them before and will add them, i already targeted most of those, its just im really busy with other projects, so i released this before adding those, so i can atleast get the first version out.

Fair enough
Having abolutely all of them as a database is the perfect solution

Also its definatly not the "best" resources, cuz i strongly disagree with timber in any mod. I think thats absolutely pointless, since isnt that basically what the forest is for? Nonetheless i will add that:D

I never said anything about best resources
I was just checking the list you posted (the v1 version of this mod), and these were the first few that popped in my mind

Fair enough
Having abolutely all of them as a database is the perfect solution
Yeah hopefully will help modders, i considered making a database on here with all the resources, but the best ones on here are in mods not on the website, so think this is a better solution

I never said anything about best resources
I was just checking the list you posted (the v1 version of this mod), and these were the first few that popped in my mind

Yeah im def going to add alot in the future

I will post my resources here for your mod and also in the database from now one. I guess I'll probabaly do the same with the buildings I created as well. I think you are right. To find all the resources I had to download several mods and then unpack their art files along with looking at the downloads database. In addition, downloading the mods was often necessary since many mods just specify includes 10 new resources, but don't specify which ones.

I will post my resources here for your mod and also in the database from now one. I guess I'll probabaly do the same with the buildings I created as well. I think you are right. To find all the resources I had to download several mods and then unpack their art files along with looking at the downloads database. In addition, downloading the mods was often necessary since many mods just specify includes 10 new resources, but don't specify which ones.

Thanks, and if you put it on the databse, no reason to post them all here, anytime theres a new civ 4 dl i always check it out

I looked at your gamefont files and they look as exactly like what I created in WoC Lite. I do not even have Civ4 installed, but I would think you need those icons for the other resources in the gamefont files. If you need some help from me I might be able to give some useful advice. I can say one thing that is not understand it seems. The WoC made the resources modular. So you could drag and drop folders of what resources you want into the modules folders. That easy and simple instead of just having them all, and someone not wanting some of them.

I looked at your gamefont files and they look as exactly like what I created in WoC Lite. I do not even have Civ4 installed, but I would think you need those icons for the other resources in the gamefont files. If you need some help from me I might be able to give some useful advice. I can say one thing that is not understand it seems. The WoC made the resources modular. So you could drag and drop folders of what resources you want into the modules folders. That easy and simple instead of just having them all, and someone not wanting some of them.

It is from WoC Lite (thanks by the way) and any advice wuld be helpful! One thing i dont get is what is modular loading in WoC Lite, i dont get that whole thing, i thoght modular loading was just the change in the config settings?

Try the resources for here for quick example.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8064496&postcount=2

You need to actually turn off modular loading in the config settings. I would like you try first to understand the folders first that are in that link.

Rise of Mankind probably has a ton of resources but don't know if they are modular. I am fairly sure the WoC has more as well but would have to look it has been a while.

The links didn't work for me...

Where is your coconut resource? I didn't see it in the file you posted. Also, do you know if there is any art for peanuts, turkeys, manioc/cassava, tomatoes, beans, guava, passionfruit, or squash?

Squash request fulfilled

Are there Camels resource in anywhere?

I added artwork for the camel resource and then animated it, but put it in another thread. I have yet to release it in the database since I need to remove a shadow from it, but yes it does exist and I'll post it soon.

Top Bottom