[Religion and Revolution]: Starting Screen

I like version 10 too.
My favorites are version 6 - 7 - 8 -10 and 12. So I'm fine with it! :goodjob:
Great job Willi_Tell :goodjob:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but will we use the logo/screen as an icon ? :dunno:

Another question... The logo (I mean the panel "with" the text "Religion and Revolution"), is it editable? I mean can one use (theoretically speaking) different logos to have different starting screens with the same background image? This is only a theoretical question. Let's say, one with blue fonts and a French text, one plain with a German text or something like that. (Again, I'm trying to understand the mechanics here) ! ;)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but will we use the logo/screen as an icon ? :dunno:

Sorry, I am not sure if I understand the question. :dunno:
But we will use the logo separatly for our threads. :thumbsup:

I mean can one use (theoretically speaking) different logos to have different starting screens with the same background image ?

Logo and Background should be separate files that are put together by a nif.

I think I understand your question - I have the same.

I think we should have a desktop icon for the mod.

Maybe we can use the initials (R a R) with the same font as in the picture we choose and an excerpt from the picture smal enough for an icon

Oh yes! I wasn't clear enough! :eek:
I think I understand your question - I have the same.

I think we should have a desktop icon for the mod.

Maybe we can use the initials (R a R) with the same font as in the picture we choose and an excerpt from the picture smal enough for an icon
That's it! :D
Yes! I was asking about a desktop icon! Thank you Schmiddie ;)

Thank you for feedback! And the winner is... version 10 :crazyeye:
Spoiler :

But: As I have already written, I am a little bit cautious with this version, as this font looks quite like the TAC-Logo to me - Am I the only one with this feeling? :mischief:

I mean, a Logo shall describe the nature of a thing. And when the RaR-Logo looks similar to TAC-Logo, people may think that RaR is a succession of TAC. And that's just not the case. RaR definitly deals with a different concept of extension than TAC did. RaR "boldly goes, were no Mod has gone before"... ;)
To avoid any misunterstanding, I will ask my TAC fellows on the German forum if anybody has a problem with our elected Logo.

Logo and Background should be separate files that are put together by a nif.
Currently, the BG is just ONE single image. As you may know, CIV4MainMenuBG.nif only refers to one single dds (MainMenuBG.dds), and I just replaced the old dds with our new one. I do not have the knowledge to change that and splitting the image... :(
But I can certainly deliver the pure Logo ("Schriftzug") without background (*.PNG), so it can be used to create other stuff by RaR members (and/or used as a header on your threads).

That's it! :D
Yes! I was asking about a desktop icon! Thank you Schmiddie ;)
Oh yea, indeed a good idea! I will deliver a desktop icon. :yup:

@Willi:
Could you please simply deliver the Logo and the Background as 2 separate files ? :thumbsup:
(We would take care of the rest.)

Oh yea, indeed a good idea! I will deliver a desktop icon. :yup:

Great ! Thanks. :)

I am a little bit cautious with this version, as this font looks quite like the TAC-Logo to me - Am I the only one with this feeling? :mischief:

To avoid any misunterstanding, I will ask my TAC fellows on the German forum if anybody has a problem with our elected Logo.
I think that won't be a problem ... ;)

But I can certainly deliver the pure Logo ("Schriftzug") without background (*.PNG), so it can be used to create other stuff by RaR members (and/or used as a header on your threads).
Great! I'll send you a private message, since I have a "special request"!
Thanks!

About the "threads" part, there's something I don't understand. What does that mean? On each of our threads in Civfanatics.com we will use this logo? Is that what is planned?

On each of our threads in Civfanatics.com we will use this logo ?

No. :)
(Only in the threads where our mod is introduced and references the link for download.)

Great! I'll send you a private message, since I have a "special request"!
Your request will be done :)

About the "threads" part, there's something I don't understand. What does that mean? On each of our threads in Civfanatics.com we will use this logo? Is that what is planned?

No. :)
(Only in the threads where our mod is introduced and references the link for download.)
yep, that's exaclty the way im ment it. Sorry for confusing you, Robert :D

It was a pleasure :coffee:

Here are the files for the final version.
It's a dds with the whole new main screen (logo and image) just to replace the old one. And as requested furthermore, you'll also find separated logo and background image included. :crazyeye:

Also attached the file for desktop-icon and the files for Robert Surcouf :)

Attachments

• RaR mainscreen.7z
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
  • RaR_icon.7z
    46.5 KB · Views: 135
  • RaR_robert.7z
    709.9 KB · Views: 133
  • RaR_Logo.7z
    109.2 KB · Views: 124
I have updated the SVN with the new main menu.

Roberts File does not work due to the fact that I have created a screen which works different.

But maybe Willi could create a new one (You've got mail, Willi). :D;)

The new Main Screen looks sooooo awesome !!! :D
The mod really looks a little bit more "professional" now.

@Willi:
Thanks a lot for the Background and the Logo. :thumbsup:

@Schmiddie:
Thanks for assembling the graphics from Willi. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 166
I am glad you like the new Screen, it was a pleasure to contribute something convenient for RaR :)

@Robert Surcouf
Spoiler :

You'll find attached the RaR-Logos (French and German Version) again. This time, the logos are seperated from the image and you can use them the same way as the "official MainScreen" works. Just replace the "Title.dds" with one of the enclosed (make sure you re-name "Title_D.dds" or "Title_F.dds" into just "Title.dds").
If you have any questions about, Schmiddie may be pleased to assist you :D

Attachments

• Robert_Title.7z
    120.4 KB · Views: 128
Top Bottom