UFO's pls

iamO

Chieftain
Hi everyone! been playing a while and I've found that I only really ever find I enjoy playing on marathon speeds. Problem is the later stages aren't at all fun for me really and while growing up and empire is fun i've sort of ground to a halt with enjoying the same game being played out over and over. G&K is great and really brought me back some passion and now I've found Civ5 has a brilliant (and prolific) modding community! Wunderbar!

Below is an idea I had based on Roswell/Ancient Aliens/The Men That Stare At Goats/Pop Culture (bear with me k :crazyeye:) I've looked over some of the LUA bits and bobs and done a search but I really think I need to throw the whole thing out there and see if its doable for a beginner or with someone who would like to help. The basic premise is any unoccuppied passable tile on the map can change to a special GoodyHut any turn. Below I've put rough percentages of the occurance of this actually happening and there are slight changes to the chances of these occuring and they're benefits (or catastrophics) that change with player era.
I should add I'd plan for only one being on the map at a time, simple events for AI (these are listed in the info below aswell) and a 50% chance that they will not spawn in each era at all. I want this to be something that is RARE. The numbers below are somewhat based on a marathon game (thats what I play;))

I dont think this requires any graphical input, just code, infact from looking some of this can be done through editing the text files.

I suppose I'm looking for tips on how to get started, the best bits to read to learn from and what I need to know to start on this, also if anyone has any input or ideas/thoughts I'm open to constructive critism, collaboration and conversation!

UFO's Mod Idea by 'O'
if appear in ancient(2%)/classical(1%) era; (30% chance of non-occurrence)
5% chance barbarian GDR + uranium depoisit
15% chance nuke explosoin
15% chance great flood quest
15% chance invasion quest
20% chance random unbuilt era wonder in capital
30% Great prohphet and missionary

if appear in medieval(1%)/ren(1%) era;(50% chance of non-occurrence)
10% chance barbarian GDR
10% chance nuclear explosion
25% chance reveal all
15% chance Great Enigineer + Great science
15% chance :c5science: bonus pool
5% plauge quest

if appear in ind(2%)/atomic(3%); (30% chance non-occurrence)
10% :c5science: bonus pool
10% invasion event
15% nuclear explosion + uranium resource
5% Boyband Event (atomic only)
30% train quest
10% espionage quest
10% friendly GDR

if appear in modern(3%,4% with radio or radar or info (4%); (20% chance of non-occurrence
30% chance train quest
10% Boyband Event
5% Imminent invasion quest chance
5% nuclear explosion + urainium
5% chance Imminent Invasion
5% chance religion wipeout/science doubles
10% chance friendly GDR
30% espionage quest

if appear in future era (4% chance)
50% invasion event (small)
5% chance nuclear explosion plus uranium deposit
40% train quest
5% chance imminent Invasion qeust

AI EVENTS:
ancient to ren
5% barbarian GDR
5% plague
40% nuclear explosion + urainium
50% +:c5science: bonus pool + unbuilt wonder +great prophet

Ind to Modern
5% small invasion
45% chance nuke
50% chance :c5science: bonus pool + unbuild wonder + great artist

Future Era
50% small invasion
50% :c5science: bonus pool

QUESTS:
Great Flood Quest (rough era estimation ind to info) -
all costal tiles and 3 tiles adjacint turn to coast, cities/land units/improvments destroyed in these tiles at event
all naval units (except subs and nuclear subs)destroyed +:c5food: +:c5culture:+:c5science:+:c5gold: in every city for each sub or double in each city for nuclear sub at event.
all subs gain XP
-message "Upon investigating the strange debris your best minds have concluded that unusual glyphs from the wreckage fortell the coming of a great flood in
the year xxxx, you must build craft capable of storing valuable resources by the time the disaster strikes!"

Invasion Quest (rough era estimation ind to future) -
raging barb GDRs can appear anywhere (50% every turn, max 4 spawns per turn ), cities have a 4% chance of being nuked per turn at event.
capital is nuked and raging GDRs spawn at event
event length 66 turns
-ancient message "Upon investigating the strange debris your best people have reurned with grave news that upon deciphering strange markings at the wreckage
that this is the prelude of a menace to the world! Your most trusted mathmatitian has marked the date xxxx with a special significant in regards to this..."
- ind/atomic/modern/info message "Your scientists examined the wreckage throughougly and have alarming news, this was crashed prospecting vessel of unknown design!
Advanced maps and invasion plans show they intend to take the world's resources by force in the year xxxx!"

Train Quest (rough era estimation ind to future) -
spawns SS train piece at event, must be protected and brought to capital
upon getting it to capital receive :c5science: :c5production: :c5unhappy:
free bomb shelter
-1stmessage "Upon investigating the strange debris your best scientists have decided it must be brought to a secret base they have constructed underneath the city. When you ask
"Why wasn't I told about this base?" The cheif scintist looks at you with a respectful purposity and says "Two words, plauisble deniability." Return the wreckage to your capitol
and benefit from it's power!"
-regular message "Return the wreckage to your capitol and benefit from it's power!"

Imminent Invasion Quest (rough era estimation ind to future) -
at event start 5 turn condown until invasion begins
raging barb GDRs can appear anywhere (50% every turn, max 5 spawns per turn ), cities have a 4% chance of being nuked per turn at event.
capital is nuked and raging GDRs spawn at event
spawn ggreat scientist (jeff goldblum) spawn great general (bill paxman)
event length 66 turns
-ancient message "Upon investigating the strange debris your best people have rushed with grave news that upon deciphering strange markings at the wreckage
that this is the crashed scout craft of a hostile invasion force! They cannot say for sure when it is coming but time is running out!"

EVENTS
Espionage (modern to info era)
+2 spies
all spies promoted to top rank
free constab in every city
CIA gives + :c5science: :c5culture: :c5unhappy:
- no more :c5faith: produced
- message "Upon investigating the scintists have returned with a plan to train your intelligence officers into psychic warriors.
When you protest and scream lunacy the cheif scientist looks intently at your secretary and her head explodes."

Plague (rough era estimation med to ren) -
all cities lose 1 pop per turn (until size 2), granaries destroyed
nil :c5faith: per turn
+:c5unhappy:
event lasts 33 turns
-message "Your men return from the expedition to tell of a strange looking mettalic object embedded in the ground, however when they got the more they began to feel unwell.
Barely one week later all the entire staff of the expidition had succumbed to a strange disease and they're families are becoming ill..."

Boyband (rough era estimation atomic to info) -
Capitol lose 5 pop at event (min size 5)
5 great artists spawn at capitol
coliseums produce :c5gold: :c5culture:
Hospital now causes :c5unhappy:
-message "A Pop group has captured the hearts of the nation! Upon meeting them in your palace you find that they require children for rituals to invoke inspiration to write they're materials! If the nations's young people learnt of this there would be wide-spread disillusion! You make preparations, in secret, to keep them making gold records for many years..."

Small Invasion (random city is nuked, spawns x barb GDRs near nuked city)

AWESOME THINGS I'D LOVE TO PUT IN:
share intruige of alien invasion with other civ leaders for diplo bonus
a :c5faith: quest, where you have to collect a large pool of :c5faith: and are granted a GDR in , like, medival times.
it'd be sweet if once you'd found one others would be more likely, once small invasion or small invasion has occurred, this should have a 5% of occurring every turn.
The ability to bury/destroy these things if you want to avoid them.
FORESEEN PROBLEMS:
apart from being a luddite when it comes to coding and high mathmatics;
I have no idea how to plan when events would effectivly take place (allowing the player to at least plan for those that are supposed to be planned for)
getting things to happen at the right time
it must be RARE

thank you all,
please excuse my sense of humour.

Ancient Aliens, seriously?

Anyway, alien contact is something that we at Community Call to Power are looking to implement, and we want to in fact add a victory condition built around it.

seriously
Spoiler :

I just want some more epic in the game without having to learn a new tech-tree
more random is more fun por moi. :goodjob:

I will however checkout your mod,

Top Bottom