[Religion and Revolution]: Drop in and say hallo ...

I just found this mod, which I only stumbled upon when looking at the modmod another mod and seeing a link in one of the forum posts. There may be, and I just missed it, but there needs to be a better way to find out about this mod. I wasted the last weeks replaying vanilla and simple mods, and with a little less luck might have been missing out on this mod forever...

Thank you VERY much for you fan-made Sequel mod to Colonization!!!! The amount of features, detail and additions with this mod just gave me a brand new game. Colonization was a game I always loved because it provides an Empire building game with unique and intricate economy system, but would grow frustrated at due to a couple of its features such as REF system, Diminishing returns and crashing markets that ultimately I felt encouraged a shorter experience with a shallow empire and than I wanted.

In retrospect, Vanilla was a teaser of the game that I feel this mod is! Not only that, but things such as weather, scripted and random events make this a deeper more immersive experience than I had even known to hope for. Again, thank you very very much!!!

I just found this mod, which I only stumbled upon when looking at the modmod another mod and seeing a link in one of the forum posts. There may be, and I just missed it, but there needs to be a better way to find out about this mod. I wasted the last weeks replaying vanilla and simple mods, and with a little less luck might have been missing out on this mod forever...

We have heard similar stories quite often.

People were totally surprised and amazed, when they finally found our mod but had not heard anything about it before. :dunno:
(Although it is pretty strange for me, since this mod is the largest mod for Civ4Col that has been created so far and there is talk about it in at least 3 large modding communities.)

But to get this mod known to more people, we would probably need some help from community as well.
(Telling about it in other forums, creating "Let's Play" videos, writing a story, ...)

In retrospect, Vanilla was a teaser of the game that I feel this mod is!

That is how I feel about our mod as well. :)

Again, thank you very very much!!!

Nothing to thank for. :)
We had a lot of fun creating it.

We have heard similar stories quite often.

People were totally surprised and amazed, when they finally found our mod but had not heard anything about it before.
(Although it is pretty strange for me, since this mod is the largest mod for Civ4Col that has been created so far and there is talk about it in at least 3 large modding communities.)
That's true.. I'd bet the vast majority of people who own a copy of Civ4Col have never heard of any of these sites or ever visited them, and >95% of people who had bought it around release may be totally unaware that there are many great mods out there that significantly improve it. It could be worth considering mirrors on general sites where more people might encounter it, such as desura.com, moddb, gamefront, or strategyinformer or especially the Steam Workshop if possible. This could exponentially increase the audience from the much smaller numbers who frequent Civ4Col modding sites.

Years ago I had uploaded an old version of 2071 mod to strategyinformer and forgot about it; I was surprised to see recently that its got almost as many downloads as the "real" version on civfanatics/wpc and many people still continue to find & download it there, not finding this site even though I added a link to it. Unfortunately I couldn't upload the updated version there cause it was too big, and I messaged them on their forum with no reply. :crazyeye:

Just started a game of RAR a couple of days back and am deeply impressed with the additions. It's a bit intimidating for a noob, but it improves so many aspects of the vanilla that i think i'm going to be replaying this for a long time. I just wish a few aspects were modified (for instance, i'm not too stoked about a kraken devouring my ships) but it adds a bit of interest from a story telling perspective (after all, ships during that period did often get lost at sea and who's going to stop someone in a tavern speculating if a kraken destroyed it). Like the other posters, I also wish this mod was more visible (there is no mention of it in the downloads section), and had I not spent some time lurking in this forum, I would have missed a mention of it somewhere. Still, credit to the team for creating this gem, this is the true successor of the original DOS colonization.

Like the other posters, I also wish this mod was more visible ...

Well, we could need some help from our community to get our mod known to wider public.
Strategy explanations, Let's Play Videos, simply telling others about our mod, ...

... this is the true successor of the original DOS colonization.

Thanks. :)

Well, we could need some help from our community to get our mod known to wider public.
Strategy explanations, Let's Play Videos, simply telling others about our mod, ...
Thanks. :)

For start I would suggest Facebook page for R&R, with FB kind of sharing it could reach huge audience.
If no one is interested I can make a page, of course with R&R team permission?And we can easily add more admins for page.

I personally don't use Facebook (and will not do so). :dunno:

But I also do not mind if people from community create a page for Religion and Revolution on Facebook or anywhere else.

So, if you want to do so, go ahead. :thumbsup:

I personally don't use Facebook (and will not do so). :dunno:

But I also do not mind if people from community create a page for Religion and Revolution on Facebook or anywhere else.

So, if you want to do so, go ahead. :thumbsup:

Ok, I will do it.If team members wants to administer it too, just send me PM with your email.

Downloading 1.7 right now, but had consistent xml memory failures on Missionary Units in v1.6 also iWidth set to 5 failed too.. So bad in fact that game would not load. Is that fixed now in 1.7? Hope so.

JosEPh

Is that fixed now in 1.7 ?

I don't even know what you are talking about. :dunno:

We had several hundreds of downloads for Release 1.6 and not one single major bug reported, so it seems that players could load and play.
I also played a game with that release myself and did not run into a single major bug.

But well yes, we fixed some (minor) bugs for Release 1.7 and also for upcoming Release 1.8.

Very soon should be much more R&R gamers.

Our main motivation to get more people to know and enjoy playing RaR is,
that we always dreamt of a big and active modding community around this mod.

We more or less wanted to "inspire" people to start modding themselves.
(And of course share their work and cooperate with other modders.)

Maybe modmodders will one day use RaR as a base for their own projects.
Basically like we have used TAC to create a much bigger mod.

With initiatives like yours, we might one day see this come true.
Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Our main motivation to get more people to know and enjoy playing RaR is,
that we always dreamt of a big and active modding community around this mod.

We more or less wanted to "inspire" people to start modding themselves.
(And of course share their work and cooperate with other modders.)

Maybe modmodders will one day use RaR as a base for their own projects.
Basically like we have used TAC to create a much bigger mod.

With initiatives like yours, we might one day see this come true.
Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

So far only 2 of my friends liked page.So I will post it on main page of R&R forum, and I would like more members of forum to share R&R on facebook.Ray, can u ask team members to join FB group and share it to theirs friends?

Ray, can u ask team members to join FB group and share it to theirs friends ?

I am almost sure, that most of them will read about the Facebook page by themselves.
(I personally don't have an account at Facebook, otherwise I would have "liked" of course.)

Fantastic mod! Kudos to everyone who has worked/is still working on it, as it has brought new life to the disappointment CivCol was (to me at least). :goodjob:

I can't seem to automate my wagon trains though, so I have to micro manage all export/import of goods from my inland colonies to the coastal ones... Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug/unimplemented feature?

I get the screen where I select yield, export and import, but when I click the little "plus"-sign in the top right corner, I don't get the "check-box" icon (like in TAC for instance). Any help?

Any help ?

That is a bug that was accidently introduced with the feature "Import Feeder Service".

The bug is fixed though in the upcoming Release 1.8.
(We are currently waiting for our partners at Infracta to upload the download to their server. So it should be available latest this weekend.)

The bug is fixed though in the upcoming Release 1.8.
(We are currently waiting for our partners at Infracta to upload the download to their server. So it should be available latest this weekend.)

Great news! :) That's the only gripe I have so far, though I just downloaded it a couple of days ago.

Top Bottom