[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Oldfrt said:
Long loading time is to be expected - it has to process a lot of new stuff for this mod... .and it will only get slower the more changes the gang put in....

..... you are just going to have to suffer with the rest of us!

ok thanks for the feedback.

ffh is awesome, its an inspiration. i wish there was something i could do to help, unfortunately i dont think i know enough to be any help, all im good at is designing stuff for old school style rpgs, and a little xml. you all have inspired me to learn more though. keep up the awesome work.

Akuza138 said:
ffh is awesome, its an inspiration. i wish there was something i could do to help, unfortunately i dont think i know enough to be any help, all im good at is designing stuff for old school style rpgs, and a little xml. you all have inspired me to learn more though. keep up the awesome work.

I'm with you on that one... its about time I started delving into python....

This is possibly the best mod I have ever seen :eek: I dare say it's even better than the original game. I only have a few suggestions that could make it better.

I know that you guys lowered the chances of getting an ancient forest for balancing purposes, but I haven't seen a single ancient forest since I downloaded version .011c a few days ago.

Secondly, I'd suggest that once you've got all the gameplay kinks out, you should definitely make a scenario or two. I don't know about everyone else, but I know that would make my day.

I also think that it would be cool if you had some attack-capable aerial units like giant eagles (just make a bigger hawk graphic) or dragons.

I'd also like to see a modification to the rules so that the racial enemies listed on the first page of this forum actually hate each other more than what the good vs evil vs neutral division creates.

That's pretty much my two cents. If any of this is too complex, don't feel in any way obligated. I'd rather see a finished version without my suggestions than an unfinished version with my suggestions. Keep up the good work, and may the creativity never cease.

dnado2000 said:
This is possibly the best mod I have ever seen :eek: I dare say it's even better than the original game. I only have a few suggestions that could make it better.

I know that you guys lowered the chances of getting an ancient forest for balancing purposes, but I haven't seen a single ancient forest since I downloaded version .011c a few days ago.

Secondly, I'd suggest that once you've got all the gameplay kinks out, you should definitely make a scenario or two. I don't know about everyone else, but I know that would make my day.

I also think that it would be cool if you had some attack-capable aerial units like giant eagles (just make a bigger hawk graphic) or dragons.

I'd also like to see a modification to the rules so that the racial enemies listed on the first page of this forum actually hate each other more than what the good vs evil vs neutral division creates.

That's pretty much my two cents. If any of this is too complex, don't feel in any way obligated. I'd rather see a finished version without my suggestions than an unfinished version with my suggestions. Keep up the good work, and may the creativity never cease.

Welcome to the CFC. I'll try to respond to your comments.

Ancient Forest problem fixed for next release.
Anyone can make scenarios. There is a good one for FfH1. I'm sure more will be forthcoming.
Dragons are coming soon. Check the Unit section to see Chalid masterpiece. (and C Roland's skin job).

Trojan horse: a little suggestion. what about making the trojan Horse a national (3 max.) Unit. The trojan horse is a very interesting tactical component, but if only one is available for all players a bit to less. :sad:

and I absolutly agree with dnado2000, a Map/Scenario would be incredible!

Best regs.
Bheleu

Hey just thought i'd say i Love this mod. Ranks as my favourite Civ 4 mod easily.

Now im not a big forum reader so please please forgive me if what i bring up has already been discussed, planned or dealt with. Firstly i love the magic system but was wondering is it possible that the spells your adepts can be promoted to have change on your ethical stance?

For instance if your aa good person specilising in Water rank 1 will give you what you get at the moment. But if your evil it could give you a low level missile minion spawn... like a hail storm? And for fire one side could be an offensive skill another defensive or something like that... you'd need Neutral variations but they could be made.

Again sorry if someone else has already thought and posted this but i thought i'd put it on here just in case they hadnt.

Oh and possibly a bug (thats likely already been reported also) but if you have a death node so all your adepts start with summon skeleton one adept can summon all the skeletons. For instance you have one adept on the front lines of a war. You build more but instead of having to wait for them to get to the front the adept already there simply summons there skeletons for them.

Anyway love the mod guys... love the premise keep the work going.

Tyrion said:
Hey just thought i'd say i Love this mod. Ranks as my favourite Civ 4 mod easily.

Now im not a big forum reader so please please forgive me if what i bring up has already been discussed, planned or dealt with. Firstly i love the magic system but was wondering is it possible that the spells your adepts can be promoted to have change on your ethical stance?

For instance if your aa good person specilising in Water rank 1 will give you what you get at the moment. But if your evil it could give you a low level missile minion spawn... like a hail storm? And for fire one side could be an offensive skill another defensive or something like that... you'd need Neutral variations but they could be made.

Again sorry if someone else has already thought and posted this but i thought i'd put it on here just in case they hadnt.

Oh and possibly a bug (thats likely already been reported also) but if you have a death node so all your adepts start with summon skeleton one adept can summon all the skeletons. For instance you have one adept on the front lines of a war. You build more but instead of having to wait for them to get to the front the adept already there simply summons there skeletons for them.

Anyway love the mod guys... love the premise keep the work going.

We do something like you suggest with the Pillar of Flame spell. If cast by an order priest it does extra damage to undead and emons, if cast by a veil priest it does extra damage to disciple units.

We havent considered getting more granular than that for 2 reasons:

1. I dont want to lock strategic choices in place (as much as this may make sense from a role playing perspective). If you want to play Elves, worshipping the Order and concentrating on Death magic you are more than welcome too. The only limitations we put in place are for balance and to increase the strategic depth, not to reduce it. (this is a fuzzy line since obviously anything added as a benifit of one choice is therefor a limitation from all of the others).

2. We are still trying to fill the spell slots we have, the "spell system" is designed to be expandable, its easy enough to add more ranks if we decide to one day make t5 units (for example) or to add new spheres. So we can grow, we just need to get what we already have finished first. I am also not a huge fan of "more" (which sounds weird considering how much stuff is in the mod) and I have to see a real strategic benifit to adding anything before it gets put in.

where did you get the main menu music from?

ahh guildhall......... i plan on going there..

I have a suggestion. Can you change the music that is played while you are attacking a barbarian city? Nothing against bango plucking but I don't think it fits in with the mood of FfH.

Yeah, I agree, it always bothered me but somehow I always forget to post that. Whole soundtack is perfectly done and when orchestral music suddenly changes into that "bango plucking" feeling is...weird

yeap, i will pick out some new music for the barbarian theme.

Couple of bits of feedback from my last game:
Went for a cultural victory as Perpentach. Was fairly straightforward, but a little more difficult than in vanilla civ. Besides Syliven's Perfect Lyre, there isn't a huge culture boosting building. Vanilla civ has Cathedrals and broadcast towers (both +50% culture). FfH has temples and carnivals that are +20%, I think. Plus you can add more religions to a city in vanilla, so it is much much easier to get a cultural victory. I was only able to get all 5 religions in one city, and I think that was a bug.
My strategy was to add on to my carnivals a ton with animals, etc., but even that had its limits. I tried Loki and gypsy wagons but they didn't seem to do anything noticable. Maybe they could be bumped up a bit? I just think some other way to get culture needs to be added. It doesn't have to be as easy as in vanilla, but it should at least be closer.
Maybe temples could be +50% each instead of +20%? Or maybe pagan temples could add culture? I'm not sure why they stick around after you get a religion anyway.

Absolutely fantastic Mod (I don't play vanilla civ anymore), thanks for all the huge amount of work from everyone on the team.

I have played about 600 years now on 0.11c and have really enjoyed it, however I have found that I can't seem to use the spell that produces a Flesh Golem from 2 sacrificed units, it doesn't let me target anything. It maybe because I was trying to target workers, not sure?

Also the civs seem to have no traits anymore or have I missed something.

Keep up the great work :)

Chaosrik said:
Absolutely fantastic Mod (I don't play vanilla civ anymore), thanks for all the huge amount of work from everyone on the team.

I have played about 600 years now on 0.11c and have really enjoyed it, however I have found that I can't seem to use the spell that produces a Flesh Golem from 2 sacrificed units, it doesn't let me target anything. It maybe because I was trying to target workers, not sure?

Also the civs seem to have no traits anymore or have I missed something.

Keep up the great work :)

Civ's dont have traits, leaders do. And they all should. Some of the traits are described that well in the leader info, you will want to check the FfH forum trait thread for the real scoop.

Yeah, I don't think you can make a flesh golem out of workers.

Lightzy said:
hm, where do you document the changes you've got in mind for further differentiating the civs?

No one place unfortunatly. The units, buildings and heroes thread lists some things are still planned but there are still active discussions going on about some of the civs. Loki is currently working on the Luchuirp, we need TheLopez's mercenary mod to finish out the hippus, SeZereth has been making Malakim units, and im sure you have seen the dragons Chalid and C.Roland have designed for the Sheaim and the Kuriotates.

So its kind of a moving target but we are making progress.

abman said:
Couple of bits of feedback from my last game:
Went for a cultural victory as Perpentach. Was fairly straightforward, but a little more difficult than in vanilla civ. Besides Syliven's Perfect Lyre, there isn't a huge culture boosting building. Vanilla civ has Cathedrals and broadcast towers (both +50% culture). FfH has temples and carnivals that are +20%, I think. Plus you can add more religions to a city in vanilla, so it is much much easier to get a cultural victory. I was only able to get all 5 religions in one city, and I think that was a bug.
My strategy was to add on to my carnivals a ton with animals, etc., but even that had its limits. I tried Loki and gypsy wagons but they didn't seem to do anything noticable. Maybe they could be bumped up a bit? I just think some other way to get culture needs to be added. It doesn't have to be as easy as in vanilla, but it should at least be closer.
Maybe temples could be +50% each instead of +20%? Or maybe pagan temples could add culture? I'm not sure why they stick around after you get a religion anyway.

The culture effects are on the want list right now for review. Consecrate, Loki and the Gypsy Wagons are all working, but not doing much. I undervalued the effect of plot culture. Once it gets done this should be better.

Top Bottom