Weird : Luxuries not being connected?

Question

King
See screenshot...for some reason my salt is being connected but not the crab and whales?

Attachments

• civ5 3.jpg
    civ5 3.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 209
Did you trade them away? Check the Resources tab at the top left (where the science beaker symbol appears).

Also, I note that you are using IGE. IGE will allow you to drop fishing boats on sea resource tiles without having researched Sailing. But, if you haven't researched Sailing, the game won't recognize the resource.

I'm not familiar with the IGE mod. But whenever something strange happens with playing mod, it's better off posted in whichever subforum that mod is using.

No i didnt trade them away, they were just not getting connected even though i had sailing for some reason. I couldnt replicate that behaviour when i started a new game.

IGE is just a ingame map editor, it doesnt actually modify any units, it lets you add units, etc to the map.

I did notice that if you add a resource to the map, connect it, then take the improvement or resource away (not pillage), the resource stays connected, but that might just be the game not knowing how to handle a resource dissapearing from a tile.

Try connecting the other Crabs (since you have 2 in the radius) and see if that works.

How did you connect them, were the crabs and whales there by default or placed by you (asme with the fishing boats)

The crab and whales were there by default and i built the fishing boats using work boats.

The other crabs will get connected, but not the crab and whales in those two specific spots for some reason....

If you have researched sailing, then try using IGE to delete the fishing boats on those tiles and then create new fishing boats. The game doesn't maliciously allow you to connect some luxuries and not others -- I have to believe that something you did with IGE glitched this, or perhaps there is some other mod conflict.

Top Bottom