AI Built Louvre Without Exploration on Deity!!

DrShloicker

Chieftain
I think this is my fifth attempt at deity that hasn't resulted in losing my capital in the medieval era, going for culture (unknown with all civs :( ) and I just rage quit when Denmark built the Louvre without taking exploration. I checked in global politics. I would have rushed it if I knew he had. So basically I lost, what just happened?!

They did open Exploration -- even the AI can't build Louvre without it.

When you go to the Global Politics screen, it only tells you when an AI has taken both the opener and one additional policy in a tree -- it will show Exploration: 1 (opener plus 1 more policy), but not Exploration: 0 (opener only).

Ohhhhh..
Thanks a lot my brain feels better now.
While I'm here how to I survive my neighbour attacking me because of coveting lands. I don't really want to go on Achipeledo because of the wasted tiles when trying to build up my cities but I always seem to be really near an AI which steals all the land and ends up attacking me every time. On this game it was Greece and I managed to stay good friends with them the whole game but they just denounced me; I was preparing for war before Louvre.

Since we're not really in Technical Support territory here, I've moved this thread to General Discussions.

Others can weigh in, but keeping neighbors at bay usually requires some combination of a modest deterrent military force (say, keeping yourself within 50% or of the military leader) and careful attention to diplomatic relations with your neighbor, including bribing them to DOW others from time to time.

Check that AI is about 10 to 15 turns and you'll see Exploration 1, the AI isn't like the human who on purpose opens trees without intention of ever going further but instead the AI usually evenually places at least 2 sub policies into whichever ones it opened.

who says you can't win culture without the louvre? also you might have a hint by looking at the tech pace and find archaeologists in his lands.

And Alex is just bad to be neighbors with in general, perhaps a bit better than Shaka.

who says you can't win culture without the louvre? also you might have a hint by looking at the tech pace and find archaeologists in his lands.

Agreed, the Louvre isn't critical even for peaceful cultural unless you earlier got beat out to both Uffizini and Sistine

The critical world wonders & world council project are:

1. Leaning Tower - Globe twofer

2. One of your choice of Uffinzi, Louvre, Sistine.

3. Effiel Tower (can be bought with faith based GE)

4. Hosting the Olympics

Ok thanks for the advice everyone. Wouldn't I need an engineer for Uffizi as well? And what if one of the civs with really high pop starts spamming wonders? On one game its was England and they had about 15 wonders; they got uffizi before I even researched architecture.

Ok thanks for the advice everyone. Wouldn't I need an engineer for Uffizi as well? And what if one of the civs with really high pop starts spamming wonders? On one game its was England and they had about 15 wonders; they got uffizi before I even researched architecture.

Uffizini is my preferred one of the three world wonders with art spots. But the fact that your thinking your hammers output is insufficient even with it being limited to only those AIs who opened Aesthetics is a bad sign for going for cultural victory unless you have some major faith source (such as desert faith) so that you get get both Uffizini for 1000 faith & Eiffel Tower for 1500.

... so that you get get both Uffizini for 1000 faith & Eiffel Tower for 1500.

Wait one, it is possible to 'purchase' World Wonders with faith? If so, I assume with one of the faith abilities you choose when founding a religion or enhancing it?

Oh forgot they would need aesthetics but I think Louvre would be better since the AI seems to go down exploration less often. You could even get both if it was safe and didn't have Greece on your borders....

Wait one, it is possible to 'purchase' World Wonders with faith? If so, I assume with one of the faith abilities you choose when founding a religion or enhancing it?

No. You cannot buy any wonder with faith. I think he's referring to the ability, once you finish Tradition and are in the Industrial or later era, to faith-buy Great Engineers with faith -- the first costs 1000 faith and the second 1500 faith -- allowing you to rush the two wonders.

You actually buy the Great Enginners and use the GE to rush the world wonder.
Requires completion of Tradition and you to reach Industrial era.

How would you buy an engineer for Uffizi as that's not in the industrial era and by the time you got into it it would nearly be done anyway. You'd need a natural born which would mean wasting citizens in engineer slots.

How would you buy an engineer for Uffizi as that's not in the industrial era and by the time you got into it it would nearly be done anyway. You'd need a natural born which would mean wasting citizens in engineer slots.

My experience differs. In culture games I'm so focused on growth in the early game that its very conceivable that I'd work a workshop slot. Also, however, its likely that around architecture is when I'd take the tech lead and also have built up 'spare' faith. I also try to enter industrial as soon as possible. I find it par for the course to faith by a GE for uffizi on deity. I appreciate other peoples strategy may be much different.

Easy: Research Scientific Theory as your very next tech (or if you don't have Economics yet, then Economics + Scientific Theory)

Then if an RA or two comes due then, you'll enter the industrial era quicker than you think.
I've played enough Civ V that I don't (consciously) do the math but instead just glance at when the next few RAs are coming due to determine weather hand build or faith based GE would be faster.

Easy: Research Scientific Theory as your very next tech (or if you don't have Economics yet, then Economics + Scientific Theory)

Then if an RA or two comes due then, you'll enter the industrial era quicker than you think.
I've played enough Civ V that I don't (consciously) do the math but instead just glance at when the next few RAs are coming due to determine weather hand build or faith based GE would be faster.

Same here, i did do the maths for these things but ive gotten lazy and now i just nuke people :D

Top Bottom