Warhammer FB mod Teaser Pics and Call For Help

Ploeperpengel said:
I think we won't have any skaven so soon in the Mod so take your time:)
Or did I miss some news?
Edit: wait did I read correctly ? You wanna do all the entries in one run?:eek:
nope you didn't miss any news... skaven are pretty low on the list of civs (cuz they need totally new models especially for their cool war machines)

Aight, so some people weem to want to hold off our first release until I get spells and psychology and some more skins in. This would delay things at least another week to 10 days since I want at least a few days of bug testing before release. I don't really care. What I've been doing is keeping 2 copies of the mod, one stable release, one release that I'm working on. The stable is what I gave all you alpha testers (except I changed a few minor things, like the battledistance, and the stength of the light knight) The one I'm working on has everything everyone's given me since then, plus TheLopez's Mercenary Mod and Great General mod. I'm in the process of adding spells to it as well.

So what does everybody think? Release now or in 10 days? I don't care since I get the latest version to play with anyway ;) but some others might.
I'm gonna do this democratically, PM me or post here (not just team members but everyone) In 14 hours (12:30 PM US mountain time), I'll go with the majority. (wish I could add a poll now)
So far the results are:
Wait: 0
Now: 2

j

Yep! I like to write so I'm jus going to write them all up in one file and give you a final draft of all the skaven units.

Also, I have a REALY cool new idea. I don't know much Python or other programming languges (though I am learning) and it might have to be done in the SDK when it comes out but what about Quests. Somehow incopirating quests. It would work like the civilization who is doing the quest gets a special unit, and that unit has to do something. If the quest is completed some form of benifit is given to the completer of the quest. Quests could be recieved sort of like great people, randomly generated. It'd be intressting, and totally suiting a sort of fantasy game.

Hey guys, I've created a new religious civic called Death Cult. It's in alpha stages though. Anywayz, in it's completed stages it could be cool to have in the game.

In case your intressted here's the link.

Right now all I have to do is add Civlopedia Entries for the Civic and the requirment tech.
I also have a Death Cult Priest in the works and maybe some other ideas floating around related to the Death Cult.

Anwayz, this could be useful for civilizations such as Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, and Dark Elves. If expanded upon it could even be made to make undead units stronger.

Thasis said:
Hey guys, I've created a new religious civic called Death Cult. It's in alpha stages though. Anywayz, in it's completed stages it could be cool to have in the game.

In case your intressted here's the link.

Right now all I have to do is add Civlopedia Entries for the Civic and the requirment tech.
I also have a Death Cult Priest in the works and maybe some other ideas floating around related to the Death Cult.

Anwayz, this could be useful for civilizations such as Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, and Dark Elves. If expanded upon it could even be made to make undead units stronger.

Sounds nice, I'll get this one and have a look at it. Have also good news. Seems I just skinned a female Elf maybe fitting for a priestess or something! Have too try out something though before I'll have pics:D

Thasis said:
Yep! I like to write so I'm jus going to write them all up in one file and give you a final draft of all the skaven units.
Okey whatever floats your boat...just know that the skaven won't be around for a while...:thumbsup: I want them to look good when they do come, not just like mini brown people :D.

Also, I have a REALY cool new idea. I don't know much Python or other programming languges (though I am learning) and it might have to be done in the SDK when it comes out but what about Quests. Somehow incopirating quests. It would work like the civilization who is doing the quest gets a special unit, and that unit has to do something. If the quest is completed some form of benifit is given to the completer of the quest. Quests could be recieved sort of like great people, randomly generated. It'd be intressting, and totally suiting a sort of fantasy game.

Well, great people aren't randomly generated, but I think I know what you mean. It's not something I personally am wanting to work on right now (too much on my plate as it is, and I'm just learning python myself, but if you or Lord Olleus want to try, you are welcome to. I think someone else was talking about doing something like this, but I can't find the thread right now. Also, once we get a little further in, you might wanna start doing some Scenerios for the mod ;) that'd be fun.

J_Period said:
I think someone else was talking about doing something like this (quests), but I can't find the thread right now. Also, once we get a little further in, you might wanna start doing some Scenerios for the mod ;) that'd be fun.

That's probably FFH I read something about quest there related to phase 2

hi there ;) i had some time yesterday and decided to try some things out with the nif viewer, but i dont have 3dsmax, so i cant create new pieces. for that i need all you 3d modelers out there ;) but i did manage some things to do, look at the screen and you will notice the difference. (BTW i did attached that scimitar to the arabia by my own, Rabbit did it too, i know now). So, supply me with stuff and i can modify models and skin them afterwards. i think we definitely need a "Feather" to attach to some units, for example the knights, and some empirial units, ok most of them have this "french" (or renessance) hat, the great artist for example wears too. furthermore a Standard could add some spice ;) for promotioned units
Btw, someone could take the pretorian example file and create a unit without helmet, shield and skirt (i want a ancient melee unit without SKIRT).

So, i will do reskins at sunday. Perhaps i will look up some civilopedia entries for the empire and tilea tonight, cause i know where to find them and this machine here isnt powerfull enough to do graphical stuff anyway;)

For the alpha release, do it whenever you like, but tell people that the next version is heavily under construction and will be much more awesome ;)

@Ploeperpengel: it sounds as you can do 3d thing too?! tell me more about your skills, perhaps we can work in that direction together...

hi guys, unfortunately, i cant finish the map today as its st. pats day and i have to honour my gaelic roots by participating in heavy drnking and fist fights. i'll finish it tomorrow

seZereth said:
@Ploeperpengel: it sounds as you can do 3d thing too?! tell me more about your skills, perhaps we can work in that direction together...

Hope so, but just trying to figure out the basics with easier models now. currently working on a gobbo from the forum which just was green and nothing more to it. Would be a nice idea to have sevrall dif. models in a large bunch
to make'em appear more chaotic( at least da Boyz). Just figured out how to do this allthough I'm not exactly sure if it's still the same with your regiments?

And maybe you can teach me a bit? For ex. I didn't get where to change the color of the female settlers staff. In general any tip would be appreciated.

to summarize if you have easier models on the to do list just ask but don't expect to much, could be you'll have to rework it afterwards:mischief:
But please ask cuz this is much more pleasened than just doing buttons:D

Btw your skins look terrific!

Top Bottom