Official Rage Thread

86) 'bombard' and 'found city' have the same hotkey. :mad:

Why anybody uses B command to fire while you have Right Click is incomprehensible for me :lol:

There is one and only ome thing which enrages me in this game - AI turn times. Yeah, I know, nice graphics, hundreds of units, big maps, computer which can flawlessy run next - gen games almost overheats with Civ5 :p but still, come on :p

This gets me:

I'm testing a mod that is unfinished and start a standard size map, prince difficulty, standard resources. I get the most epic start I have ever seen: Coastal start, next to a river, 5(!) different luxury resources visible on turn 0. Map is completely worthless because mod isn't playable until it is finished.

Now that I'm done testing, every start I have had for the past 8 reseeds has been terrible. Well, I'm off to try my luck at #9...

I decided to try Japan. Great start. About 4 incense, three wheat. And not ONE single iron anywhere on the continent.

Now please tell me what good is Japan without Samari?

I quit the game as usual. Just like last night when playing Mongolia and not a single horse anywhere. NOT ONE.

Nope. I take it back. For the THIRD game in a row, I finish Pottery, and on my last move my scout pops a hut and I get pottery. Thanks a lot!

Same as some previously posted

- one turn to finish a wonder and an AI beats me to it
- a CS ask for a road but each time I try to connect there is a unit blocking, I try to go another way (there is a mountain range and only three passage) and same thing

I read through most of this thread yesterday and was laughing at a lot of these.

Since this JUST happened to me, I logged out of the game and came here to post.

I sail my Great Merchant over to Ragusa, complete trade mission, then spend 1000 gold to get my first ally (I'm surrounded by Patronage divs). Next turn, I see the lovely notification that Austria has just annexed Ragusa via Diplomatic Marriage.

Maria T., I hate you, you @#$^ing B*tch!!!!! I hope your Ragusan offspring are as ugly as you.

Why anybody uses B command to fire while you have Right Click is incomprehensible for me :lol:

There is one and only ome thing which enrages me in this game - AI turn times. Yeah, I know, nice graphics, hundreds of units, big maps, computer which can flawlessy run next - gen games almost overheats with Civ5 :p but still, come on :p

I like to see the range field. It's strategy-ish. I also use M to move units for the same reason.

OK playing as Attila I set Domination victory only. Immortal level, 10 civs, 20 cs's.

Game plan: build 6 horse archers and 1 battering ram. Went straight to The Wheel and then down to Bronze Working, then Writing, skipped National College altogether and beelined Guilds for quick Medieval Era.

Got through Elizabeth to the south fine, London taken by turn 80 or so.

Next, Shaka to the West. Shouldn't be too hard, he will surely have been pumping military and be nowhere near Civil Service yet, right? Right?

Quick scan of his forces show he has 2x Comp Bows, 2x Spearmen, 1x Swordsmen, one catapult. Maybe a couple of warriors.

2 turns after I declare war, Shaka has reached Medieval Era, and 5 turns later, a single Impi has destroyed my 8 horse archers (i'd made a couple more by then) and a battering ram.

I give up!

Speed and laziness. When you have a bunch of range units, it's faster to click unit, press B, click target, click next unit, click B, etc.
So with time, I let my left hand on keyboard and use shortcuts (not as many as I would, because I use a French Dvorak keyboard and I can't set shortcuts in civ V).
Also, I had a lot of miss right click for movement or bombardment, so I can use B or M (not near on a Dvorak), I do it.

Speed and laziness. When you have a bunch of range units, it's faster to click unit, press B, click target, click next unit, click B, etc.

I think keyboard + single mouse clicks is the way to go. I often even use the numpad for movement. Stacked units are a problem, but I blame the fiddly interface more me the me. I still occasionally throw a garrison unit into the water instead of moving the boat that just spawned!

How is does right click make things any easier? For bombarding, do I right click the unit or the target?

I'm now playing als The Sumer (great mod!) and, while I was choosing which building to produce in my second city, I saw The Hanging Gardens where still availabe at t85.. Normally they get built around t55/t60 so I was really surprised. It would take me 11 turns to built them and I decided to give it a try. Ofcourse, 1 turn before they where done, Hanging Gardens built in a far away land. I know it's ridiculous to expect finishing THG at turn 96 but damn that sucked.

Playing a game as Austria right now. A tragic misclick just bought me the city-state of Riga: an ice-locked snow and tundra craphole of a city.

The only reason I don't try to white-elephant it off to an AI is that I'm speculating on it having some useful strategic resource.

Heh, you Seward'd yourself.

Had to look up the reference, but once I did I got a laugh out of it. Pretty accurate. You wait, there'll be oil there and the whole thing pays off.

There's so much iron around my start that I'm worried about ever getting other strategic resources. Horses have been adequate but I have a sinking feeling that all the oil will be in the massive awful desert West of me.

Like whoooooa dude! Look at all this fertile desert!

*Goes to get Shrine*

*1+ faith per desert Gets stolen by troll Sweden*

NOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

No doubt for his one desert tile at the fringe of a city.

City state 'customs officials'...having to wait several turns for CS to move its units so that my missionary/prophet/great merchant can go in. :mad:

Top Bottom