Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
Ah 1991, the year that the Soviet Union collapsed, Iraq invaded Kuwait and Sonic the Hedgehog was born. :D

:dance: 4th Post :dance:

1971. Jim Morrision died that year, pretty much the only thing I can think of.

Glad this got a bump. Only 40 or so more votes to break 1000. :)

considered like the best year for wines in bordeaux
malouina invaded
solidarnosc declared illegal in Poland
Helmut kohl chancelor of Germany
Fahd became king of Saudi Arabia
500 000 persons listening Mike and Keith in Central Parc
Gandhi in the theaters
third world cup for Italy (grrr schumacher in semi-final!!!)
Tony Parker, Prince William, Ian Thorpe and Kirsten Dunst were born
Philip K Dick, Henri Fonda, Romi Schneider, Grace Kelly and Brejnev died

what a year!!!

How can a 5-yo play Civilization? How can he even read a forum? :lol:

I already voted long ago... but...

1985 for myself

1938 for my father :D

MaxArt said:

I read the Peloponnesian War by Thucidyes when I was six. I kid you not. Blame my father. No wonder I'm so disturbed/messed up! :crazyeye: :mischief: ;) :)

MaxArt said:
you would be suprise. My 5yr old nephew knows how to play this game? But then he is smarter then most 5yr olds.

1967, too late for the free love era. Early enough to remember Vietnam. Just right to run in the 80's and love it. Old enough in the 90's and 2000's to be sad for the way we've let things become. Oh, it's still be best thing going but it could be oh so much better. I played pong and was addicted from that day on for computer games. Who would have thought then that we'd have home computers. If I'd only invested in Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Intel, AMD, etc then what would I be now?

1973 huuuu.. US legalize abortion... #%&@ I'm french.. ^^
Vietnam is over and OLP is rising.. Year of Petrol..
Death of Bruce Lee, JRR tolkien ( :( ), Pablo Picasso, John Ford, Ben Webster
Birth of euh... Christine Aaron, Neve Campbell, Tabatha Cash, Julia Chanel, Monica Lewinsky :D, Robert Pirès...

I've played Pong too ;)
First computer, an Oric Atmos, 48K...

sorky said:
1973 huuuu... Death of Pablo Picasso
:hmm:

I was born in 1987, like a lot of people my age. ;)

@knupp715 - There is an edit button that allows you to edit your first post instead of posting a second one correcting the first one.

@regent man - thanks I never seemed to relize that. Ill edit my first one now. Too bad there isnt a delete button (that I know about) to delete my second message

Moderator Action: Just ask one of your friendly neighborhood moderators. ;) --Padma

How to date me:

I can remember the Berlin wall falling (we even had German exchange students at our house).

I can remember: X-wing (the expansion B-wing), the release of TIE fighter and its expansion. My first computer (for my family and I) was an Apple II. I remember Windows 3.1 on our next computer!

We were on the internet in 1992. I remember most of class asking "What is that?" Of course it helps having a brother working at the place that created it (CERN, in Geneva, Switzerland). My brother is 15 years older then me.

I remeber Sega Genesis coming out, as well as SNES. I had the originial Sonic games, and Super Mario Kart.

I was the 'tween' generation... the generation that grew up just after the Cold War, but before today's chaos. I remember my classmates (in 4th grade) making fun of me for reading Tom Clany's "Red Storm Rising" by saying "The Russians Are Coming! The Russians are coming!" without being worried.

I played Sid Meir's Covert Action, Pirates, Civ 1, Colinization, Civ 2, Alpha Centauri, Civ 3, and soon Civ 4. I also remember going "Oooh!" At Covert Action's graphics. :lol:

I also remember (at least I think I do) when they opened the first McDonalds in Moscow, and I remember thinking "Wow, right?" ;)

Top Bottom