President Thread- Term 2

A thread just for screen shots may be the ticket, as long as we can refrain from posting otherwise. :mischief:

ok well still not understanding what you mean here's some more screenies from the latest turn :)

Das capital

Scouting warrior-really nothing new

And a quick old look at the demographics

Not much to see really. What are you wanting me to set as a build after the workboat? we have a warrior already with some hammers in it so im partial to let that finish and send him scouting the area around us, then build another as settler guard duty (in theory) by that time we will be at size 5 ready to pop out a settler :)

or do people want me to build another boat for scouting?

we need scouting, I think a warrior is best.

I think 1889 means that we start up a stickied thread here, where the president (or others too) can post just screenshots.

Ah right, well that'd be nice but just look at what happened to the demogame 'screenshot thread'. After awhile it just didnt get used, we could try it but due to my immensly slow internet connection at uni im not sure that i could be the one to keep it updated :)

The problem with just a screenshot thread is then we would be constantly having to jump between threads to match up the discussion with the screenshots. Personally i would find that irritating

yeah just post them in the thread where you are talking about them. My computer would die if i had to keep two windows open.

If we are going to build a scout, I think it should be a galley. But if that warrior is already half-finished, then by all means complete it and start the settler at size five.

We can build a galley in 6-7 turns. It is the best scout unit for this map and the only thing that can protect those fishing boats from pirates. While it looks for our next city spot we can finish the warrior and maybe even transport it to the site. Infact, I think we could make good use of two galleys.

I disagree that we need 2 galleys right now, i think the warrior will be of more help, the area's we need to scout for the time being are those just around our capital to try and find some decent city spots, with the spiders web map we have going right now it looks like it could take awhile for one galley to get to the other side, i think we should definatly finish the warrior first then if need be start on galley then.

Here is what I had in mind: http://www.croxis.net/gallery/v/CFCTest/
Mind you if you all like it, it would make it on its own installationg on its own subdomain for security sake.
You can log in with the username and password of cfc and add pictures and albums. The nice thing is I can also set it up so that you can post thumbnails

Or the full thing

in thread.

And there is a nice search feature!

i could post thumbnails here though croxis through use of imageshack. Problem is as some other people have said its hard to continue a discussion when you have to flit between places to see pictures of the things :)

Galleys might be bad, as there seem to be Lakes mostly, not one big ocean (could our foreign minister talk with the other teams to confirm this?)

IIRC BAT agrees with our assessment, but I will ask both for confermation.
Boats would be good if the need comes up to transport units to the other side of the lakes quickly, but we don't have that need yet.

Well we've met someone new, GWT. time for you to get diplomasising then croxis :) i sent a short hello message with the save (they're straight after us)

got quite a few screenies :)
they have a size 4 city, to me that could mean they either do not have a worker yet or have just got a couple of food resources being worked.

Where we met their warrior, its called 'polly' awww aint that sweet

the capital :)

Which team is GWT? Which language?

German Webring Team, according to the term 1 foreign ministry, they'd make excellent allies.

Woot! Die Deutschen! Maybe my German 101 class will pay off.

dutchfire said:
German Webring Team, according to the term 1 foreign ministry, they'd make excellent allies.
That was my opinion. From past games, they are very loyal and strong players (at least with [c3c] ).

Top Bottom