We´re not all barbarians

when a city in invaded, it doesn't appear anymore on maps until the map is refreshed.
So I'm pretty sure the barabarian city is still here.

For the 9 month map, i'm afraid we will not keep the timeline :p

I've been practicing on higher difficulties than I'm used to so I don't screw up next time. You may have noticed I have very few posts for as old as my account is. Shortly after I made my account, I got a new computer. Before I could install Civ, my dog broke the disk. Only about 2 weeks ago did I get the game again. So, not only am I inexperienced, I'm also out of practice. I really hope you are telling me the truth when you say I didn't screw too much up. ;)

randyrules I can assure you that if you'd screwed up you would have been told so with varying degrees of tact. Are there things you could have done better? Yes, there probably are. Are there things any of us could have done better in our sets? Yes there probably are.

questions for preparing next set.
priority number 1 is get oil.
I'll follow strategy given by pigswill

next objectives:
clear jungle : easy to do
build 2-3 cities in SA
fight culture war with bejin (build cathedrales)
build globe theater & west point (any idea where ?)

make china attack us would be great. we already have a -5 and have smaller army. but an higher production, so, it should be ok except he is still at war with egypt...
maybe we could ask him to drop egyptian war and maybe he will attack us :crazyeye:

If not, montezuma is also a good attacker, maybe a shot for him :p

for science after electricity : indust/plastic or radio? or flight but i prefer the 2 first ones

I'll play tomorow unless cripp7 came back :p

I'd put West Point in Karakorum. If we stop Hermitage in Australia it could go to Tokyo instead. Its worth noting that Hats has marble she's willing to trade atm. Globe maybe Korea? Not so sure on that.

Obviously workers>south america. there's some units with spare movement, worth having a look before hitting enter (but you already knew that).

Remember that we're not barbarians, we don't want wars and related nastiness :nono:.

(xpost)

I'd go for plastics so we can connect our offshore oil. I think the Venezuela oil can't be taken without force. Rheims also had a 2nd border pop, so we can't resettle Bantu closer to the oil. Our cities in the Amazon badly need worker love, some useless railroads being built right now a bit south... Wouldn't object to even more workers in South America.

I hardly ever bother with West Point. Hermitage would've been good in Beshbalik, but it already has 2 national wonders. Maybe Karakorum? Beshbalik needs all the culture it can get, so go for the confu academy, a theatre and a synagogue after you build a couple more jewish temples (also AP hammers!).

I'd hire all possible specs in Korea except merchants and priests to maximize our chance for the right GP for a GA. If you whip the factory asap or at least soon you can hire 2 more engineers.

If you're out of really useful stuff to build wealth is good so we breeze quicker through the tech tree.

Long set of building:
For science, I went for industrialism for plastic just put in placeholder at this point.
I didn't raze benta as pigswill proposed as French culture was already ramping all tiles near the oil, so I keep the barbarian city (not a bad spot anyway). With time, we will get oil… In addition this city has clams that we didn’t have before that.

The game plan was simple:
Priority to produce culture where it is needed (around bejin and south america) so Karakorum got hermitage and a synagogue must be built here next turn (12th temple finished this turn)
Put west point in ironwork city just in case something goes wrong.
second priority remove jungle.
Improve health in big cities
Produce settlers in south America.
In other places production is the order.
I revised all trade agreement for more money.
I complete our resources by trading for hit single & hit musical, hook clams. Aluminium is needed (south America)
Try to pop anything but a great merchant or a great prophet in korea in 8 turns. Back up plan is bekashik in 24 turns :(
emmancipation is a big pain in the ass at this point (5 :c5angry: in big cities)
I continue the national park in Tabriz.

For the pope vote, I had the choice between stop the war with cyrus or Catherine or stop trade with US.
I chose to vote stop war “against” Catherine (she is the attacker for those who do not follow) as she is our buddy and as war is barbarian (in a non not barabarian game, I would have choose none). In the end haty defy the resolution.

of cource, i refused to go war against egypt 1 or 2 time but accepted to stop trade with them (I can't say no to catherine :crazyeye:)

I didn't trade for flying because of lack of oil but could be interesting for airport only. I was not sure but it is still an open solution.

tips for next player: it is "alt S" to remove my texts on the map :mischief:

edit: wrong save :o

Looks fine to me.

R_Rolo1 King of Himself and Moderator of Everyone Else is UP.

I'm on deck.

edit: maybe we could consider swopping to emancipation should we get a golden age in the not too distant future, its just so civilised. On the other hand caste allows us to exploit our sweatshops (oops, I meant workshops) more effectively.

Got it, but will take some days to play it :/

Emancipation civilized ? Really ? :D Leaving the village idiot have the same weight than the council wise men, instead of keeping him pushing carts , that is all he is good for ? :D

You do realise that Genghis Khan is the servant of the serfs?

il fact i was thinking the same thing but for another reason: we need culture in diferents places.
maybe a way to follow for next player...

cripp7, i took your turn as you were not present, do you want to play now?

If cripp7 is available and rolo's happy to un-get it then that sounds like a fine plan.

Well, that was a nice game. My home country sure is a worthy cup contender :yup: . Cross your fingers that my Inet provider gets his lines right tomorrow. In that case I'd be back in the game tomorrow!

IHT 285-
deleted army as sign said gaining +10gpt

T286-
Sal offers 15:gold: for Combustion...no. We can get a DP with him btw
JC demands cancel deals with Egypt..ok

T287-
Hatty becomes Cathy's vassal
Cathy completes Apollo
Trade Qin 6gpt > rice
Sign DP with Cath & Cyrus

T288-
buildings in a few cities

T289-
Qin builds U.N.

T290-
Plastics > queue Radio
Qin demands cancel deals with Mansa..no
U.N. vote for Secretary, Either Qin or us..vote us

There's a settler in SA to go where? also a galleon with 3 workers, are they going to offload there in Ulaanbaater?

i probably shouldn't haven't signed the DPs with the barbarians. it took my pc 2.5hrs to just play those turns, if it's not right then rolo can take the last save.

Attachments

• NB - Genghis Khan AD-1840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
There's a settler in SA to go where? also a galleon with 3 workers, are they going to offload there in Ulaanbaater?

No clue on the settler. People have be saying for SA cities, but I have no clue what is left.

If Ulaan in in SA, please unload them there. Last time I looked at the game SA was far behind the curve in tile development. Australia was great, and Asia just needed rails.

Top Bottom