CFC members vacation picture thread

Elta

我不会把这种
:king: I am leaving on vacation in an hour or so and I'll try to post some when I get back tuesday/postem if you gotem :king:

When I get off of work I'll show you all some pics of me and the greatest city I've been to yet, Chicago.

I want to go to New York next year ;).

I couldn't post from our last trip since my sister was going some where and took the digital camera.

Nice pics :goodjob: for some reason every time I think about eastern europe I get images of war and what not ...DAMN you media.

LLXerxes said:
Where in Albania is that?

It coming out of the mountains by the border with Macedonia, I don't know the town name.

The apartment buildings are in Elbasan

More pics:

Welcome to Bosnia:

Beautiful Dubrovnik:

Leftovers from the war, Croatia:

CHICAGO

VIRGINIA TECH

Burris Hall

One of my favorite parts! The marching band!!

Me in Burris Hall

Went to the Dan Quayle Museum in Huntington, Indiana!

Very cool, Captain Carnage.

In the first pic, what's the story behind the metal plate with the hole punched through it? It looks like there's some explanatory text in the middle of the hole.

Very nice picture of Dubrovnik there Left. I was there on my honeymoon and I've never seen a city like it.

hmm, will dig out my barca photos.

Ellipsis Jones said:
Very cool, Captain Carnage.

In the first pic, what's the story behind the metal plate with the hole punched through it? It looks like there's some explanatory text in the middle of the hole.

I honestly can't remember, but it may have been something to do with the armour, as the tank was heavily armoured.

Captain Carnage said:
I honestly can't remember, but it may have been something to do with the armour, as the tank was heavily armoured.
It is a KV-1, a Soviet Tank Destroyer. They have to duke it out with other tanks ( most tanks, like the Sherman, weren't made for tank vs tank).

The second tank is an M-3 Grant, in case anyone is wondering.

That Tank Museum (Bovington, Dorset) is well worth a visit, they have tanks from ancient to modern arranged so that you can see how the designs have evolved over time. I only had a couple of hours when I was in there and could easily have spent longer going round.

Furiey said:
That Tank Museum (Bovington, Dorset) is well worth a visit, they have tanks from ancient to modern arranged so that you can see how the designs have evolved over time. I only had a couple of hours when I was in there and could easily have spent longer going round.
Indeed I've been there twice now, although it barely changed in the ten years between my vists and it was lacking abit in Russian hardware.

Bovington Tank Museum is excellent. :goodjob:

I went there three years ago.

A couple piccies:

A Sherman in action:

King Tiger:

If I recall correctly they have a Tiger I there which they are attempting to restore to running order.

Am going down to London later this summer, I intend to lock myself in the Imperial War Museum for a day.

Will bring back pictures of the Russian T-34 they have there. That they better still have there.

These pictures will be a bit big, so I'll break it up into a few posts.

Yerkes Observatory:

Telescope of Great Holiness. (largest refracting telescope in the world)

Telescope of Semi-Great Holiness. (40 inch Reflector)

Top Bottom