[Map Script] NewWorld.py

SevenSpirits

Immortal?
This map script is basically a combination of Big and Small, Hemispheres and Terra. I based it off the Hemispheres script, but it's basically Big and Small with land that you can't reach with Galleys. This is why I made it: I always like what Big and Small looks like but I hate that you can get anywhere you want with just Sailing.

The script creates land in 2-3 areas, like a limited Hemispheres. That land is an overlay of continents and islands, like Big and Small with Islands Mixed In. You can adjust the proportion of the continents land vs the islands land. You can adjust the type of continent just like Hemispheres, with the additional option of Archipelago.

There is an option (on by default) to set aside a major land area (specifically, the second largest) as a new world, uninhabited by players at the start.

Here are some example maps:

Default options; Duel Size; Huge Size

Continent shape (clockwise from top left): Massive, Snaky, Archipelago, Varied

Top row: Few vs Many Islands (Normal is in between)
Bottom row: Low sea level, High sea level

I forgot to take a picture of the three continents version, but you can probably imagine what that is like. By the way, these maps' dimensions are larger than they would be for other scripts, because of the whole new world thing. Terra does the same thing.

Credit for the new world algorithm goes to Rich Marinaccio's PerfectWorld.py (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239982). My contribution was pretty much tweaking a bunch of fractal parameters to death.

Have fun!

yay! this is just what I always wanted!

I like the concept of terra, but I always go with big and small because I prefer the shapes.

Seven Spirits, could you explain this differance between this script and your "World Piece" map script?

Very Good. I love it.

I love the idea behind this map script, but I just wish the old world was about x1.5 its current size, and the new world was about x0.5 its current size.

I'm used to playing on Hemispheres maps, so the civs on this map script start far too close together for my liking. It also seems to me that too few civs have any metals near their starting positions, making them easy targets for those that do.

I agree with Burks. Maybe if there was a way to increase the size of the old world 1.5 times, and the new world .5 the size that would be better. But I love the shapes of the islands and everything, and whenever I am in the mood for a pangea/terra like situation I use your map script. Good work.

How do i change the settings? (ie, snaky, varied, massive etc.) Cause when i load the map all i'm getting is Size, Climate, Sealevel, Era and Speed.

edit: Nvm, restarting civ worked.

I can't seem to download this map script anymore. The link does not work and it kinda sucks cause this was my favorite. But then things happened with my computer and I am force to download it and now I can't. :(

Since it's supposed to be an attachment, you could report this to an admin (using the triangle on the left of the first post) and ask if they have a way to retrieve it. Not guaranteed but worth a try.

Since it's supposed to be an attachment, you could report this to an admin (using the triangle on the left of the first post) and ask if they have a way to retrieve it. Not guaranteed but worth a try.

Ill try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I can't seem to download this map script anymore. The link does not work and it kinda sucks cause this was my favorite. But then things happened with my computer and I am force to download it and now I can't. :(

Here you go. :)

Attachments

• NewWorld.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 353
Top Bottom