1.08 issues

Is it me or the game got a LOT easier ? I mean, I would play at Explorer and have difficulty being in the top 3 at marathon speed under the 1.07 but with 1.08 I have twice the colonists that the nearest AI has with 475 turns...in...

I like the education rebalancing. The amount of effort it takes to learn a skill "on the job" feels about right compared to the effort/cost it takes to educate (or buy). However, the IS and PC "upgrading" feels really slow now. Maybe you could restore the option to train them in native villages?

The RS growth seems slow. My last game I was ready for independence about 50-60 turns before I could actually get to the 50% level, even with newspapers + 3 statesmen in every city (this was on Patriot level - I think... not in game ... whatever was one below revolutionary). By the time the war started I had about 50 or so armed veteran soldiers sitting around waiting for them.

Also I noticed that the AI was seriously dragging it's feet about declaring independence even though most of their cities were in the 80-90+% level for a long long time. I don't know if their REF was too intimidating or what, but the RS changes seem to be too daunting for the AI.

If I have not selected "independence" as a victory condition, I can't start a revolution! I wanted to do industrialization, but wanted to declare anyway so I could have a constitution with theocracy ;-)
So instead of a War of Independence you want to start a War of Co-dependence? :rolleyes:

You could declare, win your WoI, and keep playing until you would have won by industrialization (2000 or the level of your choice). I am assuming that the impact of your chosen freedoms persists in "Just One More Turn" mode.

I can't generate any rebel sentiment in my colonies. I can have 3 Elder Statesmen with a Newspaper and several factories, but it stays at 3 for all my colonists. This happens across multiple games, and I have tried re-downloading the mod, the problem still persists. The Liberty Bells are still generated, because I get the "You have generated X bells" accomplishment and I get the political points, just no sentiment. The king doesn't raise the REF either.

I can't generate any rebel sentiment in my colonies. I can have 3 Elder Statesmen with a Newspaper and several factories, but it stays at 3 for all my colonists. This happens across multiple games, and I have tried re-downloading the mod, the problem still persists. The Liberty Bells are still generated, because I get the "You have generated X bells" accomplishment and I get the political points, just no sentiment. The king doesn't raise the REF either.

You need this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=314352

Yes, I installed the missing .dll and now RS appear to grow normally.

However, it seems like newly born or trained colonists begin at 0% RS tories, even converted natives! As I tend to have large empires producing a lot of food, so as to have enough soldiers to fight the REF, it seems like this is going to make it *very* hard to reach the 50% threshold. I'm assuming it's a bug slated to be fixed in future builds of the mod.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Wheldrake mate, it has already been said like 20 times and Dale is aware of it.

I am sure it will get fixed in v1.09, or v1.10. ;)

Trade goods also have RS... That will get fixed too.

HTH

Trade goods also have RS... That will get fixed too.
HTH

Guess I missed that previous point. About trade goods - you mean goods inside colony warehouses, or just goods on wagons & ships? If it's just the latter, it shouldn't make too big a difference, as those tend to get sold off fairly quickly. It is still a dead weight on the RS system, though.

Anyway, I didn't mean to diss AoD2. It's great, and continues to make this game worth playing, for the hours of mind-numbing micromanagement. Gotta love it!

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Wheldrake when you try to transport them, it creates a new unit with 0% RS.

Unfortunately it makes a big difference. :(

The more you trade, the bigger the difference is. ;)

No problem! Keep up the good posts!

Perhaps an easy fix would be to have the cannons fire once per turn instead of once per ship. That would still give them some teeth as opposed to them being surface to ship missile batteries the way they are right now ;-)

Is it me or the game got a LOT easier ? I mean, I would play at Explorer and have difficulty being in the top 3 at marathon speed under the 1.07 but with 1.08 I have twice the colonists that the nearest AI has with 475 turns...in...

I have played 1.08 yesterday for the first time as chinese on explorer i guess (the middle difficulty level when you start with 100 gold). I am only 40 or 50 turn into the game, but it appears that the game is easier, especially with the chinese.

I get massif religious pop spawns in europe, this was not the case in 1.07. Especially when units are cheaper and food 1->2 this makes it very easy to populate villages very early with 3 carpenters and lumberjacks. I have already 2 villages with lumber mills only producing political points and other points and i am getting all the FF, which makes it even easier to gain even more advantage.

I think the chinese should have or cheaper units or more food, but not both. I can just make a village in the dessert when there are silver mines around. Just get some IS from europe and let him make food. A tile with normally 1 food will then produce 3 (1+1:chinese and +1 from the IS). So i can easily mine 3 or 4 silver mines with 2 or 3 silver with a normal unit without needing farmers. I can even get my silver miners cheap with the -25%. I build a village and within 10 turn i have it with 3 silver miners and enough food, making me 18silver/turn. I am not complaining, but this is too easy.

btw, i am quite sure this has been mentioned before, but what happens when the chinese get the 1-2food FF or the 25% cheaper FF. Nothing happens? or units are another 25% cheaper? and 1 food goes to 3 then?

Yeah, Chinese shine in the beginning like noone else.

IMO there is a huge issue with traits, as rusty and onion mentioned elsewhere.

Pretty much most leaders need fixing. Pfewwwwwww! So many things need fixing.

well at least i am deeply analyzing the game and doing calculations on when to buy what etc. This means i must like the mod very much because only very few games i bother doing this to improve my record points :D

well at least i am deeply analyzing the game and doing calculations on when to buy what etc. This means i must like the mod very much because only very few games i bother doing this to improve my record points :D

This is one of the best compliments ever. Thanks man. :D

So instead of a War of Independence you want to start a War of Co-dependence? :rolleyes:

You could declare, win your WoI, and keep playing until you would have won by industrialization (2000 or the level of your choice). I am assuming that the impact of your chosen freedoms persists in "Just One More Turn" mode.

No - I mean that I have 70% rebel sentiment and have only selected the "industrialization" victory condition. I can't click "start revolution" in the revolution advisor.

No - I mean that I have 70% rebel sentiment and have only selected the "industrialization" victory condition. I can't click "start revolution" in the revolution advisor.

If you don't turn on independance victory, you can't DoI.

I have played 1.08 yesterday for the first time as chinese on explorer i guess (the middle difficulty level when you start with 100 gold). I am only 40 or 50 turn into the game, but it appears that the game is easier, especially with the chinese.

I get massif religious pop spawns in europe, this was not the case in 1.07. Especially when units are cheaper and food 1->2 this makes it very easy to populate villages very early with 3 carpenters and lumberjacks. I have already 2 villages with lumber mills only producing political points and other points and i am getting all the FF, which makes it even easier to gain even more advantage.

I think the chinese should have or cheaper units or more food, but not both. I can just make a village in the dessert when there are silver mines around. Just get some IS from europe and let him make food. A tile with normally 1 food will then produce 3 (1+1:chinese and +1 from the IS). So i can easily mine 3 or 4 silver mines with 2 or 3 silver with a normal unit without needing farmers. I can even get my silver miners cheap with the -25%. I build a village and within 10 turn i have it with 3 silver miners and enough food, making me 18silver/turn. I am not complaining, but this is too easy.

btw, i am quite sure this has been mentioned before, but what happens when the chinese get the 1-2food FF or the 25% cheaper FF. Nothing happens? or units are another 25% cheaper? and 1 food goes to 3 then?

the chinese traits only works on tiles where you produce 2 or more food. a FC producing 1 fish in water will produce 1 fish. a CN produceing 1 fish + the CN fish will receive the chinese trait as the tile now has 2 or more.

For the FFs.: Cyrus doesnt stack for unknown reasons (thats the one adding food bonus) the cheaper unit FFs do stack.

Chinese are very strong for a large empire with rapid expansion playstyle or in the beginning of the game generally.
Later on they get kinda weak imo especially compared to other traits when you want massive ammounts of soldiers/dragoons for DoI or need alot Bells there are stronger trait so i guess thats kinda balanced you profit in the beginning and loose a tad in the end to other nation traits.

Tho i still dont see the reason why cyrus isnt stacking..

regards

Cyrus should stack, yes. But I find the Chinese +1 food advantage ridiculously strong. What do you think Manu?

actually its strong as i stated but basically it shines in the starting up phase.. after like turn 100 or so it decays. its just 1 food at end which isnt doubled or modified by any other factors so the 1 food from startgame is 1 food from endgame as well. mostly your main towns will and should have only experts by 1/3rd of the game time so the difference there if a farmer pulls 8 or 9 food doenst really seem so high.

even more so its not an unique trait for the mid or endgame anymore as long as cyrus doesnt stack. usually players ever get the endtree FF of trade so therefore the bonus vanishes completely.

Cyrus stacking would be another story but even than where is the difference seriously for the endgame when you got 2 food more so 10 instead of 8?

there are more powerfull traits especially for endgame or DoI Wars the -50% for soldiers/dragoons is powerfull as hell. thats i think the strongest trait in game even more so as i see it as end game trait but is basically used for early wars as well and it combines with a perfect starting game trait (-25% Cross needed for immigration) so basically a perfect setup for start mid and engame...

regards

p.s. i usually played netherlands as it preferred the midgame for large empires a little bit with adrian, however now with the new RS its either chinese for rapid expansion games or george washington for endgame games. preferring washington tho for the simply reason that there is no REF cap atm and RS forces you to nearly triple your army to fight REF whereas thats a big help

Hahaha! Good to know, we finally made GW useful!

I've also played Neitherlands. Pete remains my old times favourite.

My favourites are Jose, and Edmund. Basicaully kill everyone fast and get all the FFs with a low bell rate. :D

Top Bottom