Stuff for v1.10

PrinzMyshkin

Warlord
Hi Dale,

I guess you may want to work on Zuul's stuff at some point (according to AoD2 roadmap v1.10).

If there is something, I miss is the population requisitives for buildings.

Also fortress used to require 200 tools. Now it's only 100. :(

I attach the original colonization 1994 manual. Please check page 134/135.

Also I was checking units strengths, and no doubt why sweet balanced is lost in REF wars.

Veteran Soldier 3
Veteran Dragoon 4.5
Continental Regular 4
Continental Cavalry 5
Regular 5
Cavalry 6

Now everything is just too easy!

Attachments

• colonize.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,190
Hi Dale,

I guess you may want to work on Zuul's stuff at some point (according to AoD2 roadmap v1.10).

If there is something, I miss is the population requisitives for buildings.

Also fortress used to require 200 tools. Now it's only 100. :(

I attach the original colonization 1994 manual. Please check page 134/135.

Also I was checking units strengths, and no doubt why sweet balanced is lost in REF wars.

Veteran Soldier 3
Veteran Dragoon 4.5
Continental Regular 4
Continental Cavalry 5
Regular 5
Cavalry 6

Now everything is just too easy!

I'd go along with upping the tool requirement for a fortress if it was acutally worth building. Though I haven't tried it since I started playing AoD, in vanilla C4Col, the fortresses were WAY understrengthed in relation to the attackers - expecially the REF.

The fort and fortress tool requirement was changed in 1.01f.

I agree with Aerion that they're now worth building. Before, it was a lot of tools for not much. Now with half the tools and the ability to cannon bomb ships they're worth it. :)

Can't do half strengths in Col2. Plus Col1 never had any bonuses, just raw strength.

Mod with many and very interesting innovations. Food for thought. :)

One of them is the looter.

Check out the rest.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184594

I don't agree with most of the changes, and a fair few are in patch 1.01f (ie: joining city after move).

As for Indian looter I'd rather all Indians have the ability to take you on without a DoW. Then they can flog your treasures and wagon trains. Every so often they'll attack you too with no reason.

I also like this native scout idea. Funny enough it already exists as a class. 2D model too. Gives a purpose for scouts too.

Looting seems though awfully underpowred.

Maybe give farms, lodges and mine +2 bonus, and make them more expensive?

Yes, DoW for indians is a bit silly.

Yup, in 1994 fortress bonus was 200%, but tools were 200.

REF used to get a 50% attack bonus, a +XYZ% for torry any sentiment and a +XYZ% if a man-o-war had tried coastal bombard in the same turn.

Now they have to oppose this huge +XYZ% for rebel sentiment, which gets as high as 50% and 100% for Simon.

In my games I've given them 50% city strength, and <iCombat>1<\iCombat>, but nerfed cannons a bit. Not sure for cannons. But, IMO higher difficulty levels should get a stronger REF. Killed 10 REF units for every one of mine is a bit overpowered.

I've made some changes to the REF, and I'm testing how they go. The two biggest changes:

1. REF unit's strength will scale with handicap now. ;)
2. Galleon no longer transport of choice for King, now the War Galleon is (unique King unit).

Bug - If you are in the city screen and click on a person to clear their speciality, i get a crash to desktop.

As for Indian looter I'd rather all Indians have the ability to take you on without a DoW. Then they can flog your treasures and wagon trains. Every so often they'll attack you too with no reason.

The Indians in Colonization I did that. I sort of miss that in this one although it was frustrating at times. But it should be something they only do if their relationship with you is below 50%. Perhaps even a FF that causes Indians to not raid anymore.

The Indians in Colonization I did that. I sort of miss that in this one although it was frustrating at times. But it should be something they only do if their relationship with you is below 50%. Perhaps even a FF that causes Indians to not raid anymore.

Yeah I'd definitely make it rare, not predictable like Col1 was either.

A couple of my ideas for future development:

1. Ships ability to unload cargo directly onto land for a later pickup by wagon trains.

2. Wondering if addition of a new terrain plot would be possible. This new plot, let's call it savannah, would be pretty universal and give player 2/3* food, 1/2 cotton, 1/2 sugar 1/2 tobacco and would be restricted to light forest only.
(*forrested/deforrested)

3. Colonists dying instead of emmigrating when famine!

Other proposals: setting muskets' prices in area of 7-11 and slightly decreasing natives' price to around 15 would balance game better; scouts starting with free PROMOTION_EXPLORER1 would make them more desirable and veterans resources yielding abilitiy decreased by 1 (maybe except for bells) would be more true..

Top Bottom