China Bug?

westamastaflash

Lord Commander
It seems that the Chinese trait Ambitious makes it a better choice to buy free colonists once you recruit about 15 units from the docks - I'm on marathon speed and the price at the docks for a indentured servant is 1800 gold, but i can buy free colonists for 1687...

Don't want to start another thread, because I have another China bug. Or maybe not China-specific, but...

Well, long story short: in this savegame AI Zheng wins economically after you hit end turn. It's January, 1538 AD, and I am playing Marathon on Explorer difficulty.

Kinda early methinks. Probably something went wrong.

Oh, and Dale, when you'll read this: is it possible to set up Russia starting position in north-western corner of the map by default? In my opinion this makes sense:

Atlantic, from North to South: France (Quebec), England (US), Spain (Carribean), Holland (Suriname) and Portugal (Brazil).

Pacific, from North to South: Russia (Alaska), China (uh, they never were there but it makes sense), Australia (they are supposedly from south, I dunno).

Of course I know that it was not that simple, but at least Russia should not start somewhere near Peru, right at Australia. Also France and Brazil, if possible, should be bound to Northern and Southern hemispheres. England, Spain and Holland are debatable and could be more random.

Sure, it doesn't matter that much on random maps, but on historical ones it's pretty major.

Attachments

• Zheng-wtf.ColonizationSave
    293.3 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom