Random Number Generator?

shirleyrocks

Prince
Has anyone else noticed...from new game to new game (as opposed to saving and attempting new outcomes within the same game) ... an amazing similarity in battle outcomes? I've always been playing as the Greeks over the past week. At the very beginning of the game, usually the first thing I'll do in my brand new capital is to build a warrior. I'll then send that warrior out and about to do some scouting. Sooner or later, I'll come across a goody hut that will uncover 3 barbarian warriors (all conscripts). The barbarians will then attack me. In every single game I have played, this exact sequence occurs...

First barbarian - I finish him off without a scratch.
Second barbarian - He hits me once, but I kill him and become a veteran.
Third barbarian - I kill him without further injury and then become elite.

Every game I have played this has happened. Even when I was just testing for the above scenario.

I can understand if Firaxis uses a fixed set of random numbers within one game (to prevent reloading and 'going back in time to change history'), but I'm beginning to wonder if they are using a fixed set...period. Any thoughts?

Well, if they use the same seed for the random number generator in every game, you will get the same sequence of random numbers. That would be a blooper fit for a Sid Meier game, just like the integer overflow bug of Railroad Tycoon. Whoops. ;)

Top Bottom