The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #31 Midsummer special

The Easternmost AI is strongly considering it. He is the cultural leader, and has denounced, but I see only Warriors in his lands so its not a good sign. Never saw that particular civ go Piety before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. Maybe if I demand tribute of his pet CS it will tip him over?

Have you seen this? Not sure if this is still accurate but here is a list that I was talking about:
http://www.carlsguides.com/strategy/civilization5/diplomacy.php

Bad Relationship Modifiers - Positive is Bad
  • +15-100+ Warmongering Penalties - read below. Can go far beyond 100 if you capture many Cities.
  • +50 We have used Nuclear Weapons
  • +35 We have Denounced them
  • +35 They have Denounced us
  • +15 We have Denounced Civs that they like
  • +15 We've made a Declaration of Frienship with one of their Enemies
  • +20 per Other Civs they like more than you have Denounced you
  • +15 You made a promise to other Civs to move your troops from their Borders, and then broke it!
  • +40 You refused to move your troops away from their Borders when they asked
  • +10-20 You built Wonders that they Coveted
  • +30 You have stolen their territory with a Great General
  • +80 You captured their original Capital
  • +10-30 They covet lands that you currently own
  • +35 They believe we are building new Cities too aggressively
  • +20 We asked them to stop Settling new Cities near us
  • +20 We made a promise to War with another Civ (10 turns), then broke it
  • +20 You made a promise to stop Settling Cities near them, then broke it
  • +15 They asked you to stop settling Cities near them, and you ignored them
  • +20 You made a promise to stop buying land near them, then broke it
  • +15 They asked you to stop buying land near them, and you ignored them
  • +20 You made a Trade Demand of them - Demand when interacting with AI
  • --- Your Spies were caught trying to steal their Technology - not a big hit, steal one tech but see below if you are caught:
  • +10 They asked you to stop Spying and you ignored them
  • +20 You made a promise to stop Spying, then broke it
  • +10 Ask them to stop Spying on you
  • +2 They are spreading their own Religion, but you Converted some of their Cities - Grows Worse
  • +8 You made a promise to stop Converting their Cities, then broke it - Grows Worse
  • +4 They asked you to stop Converting their Cities, and you ignored them - Growse worse
  • +15 They disliked your Proposal to the World Congress, lasts 45 turns
  • +20 We helped their Proposal fail in the World Congress, lasts 45 turns
  • +5 You have chosen to adopt the X Ideology while they believe in another. Adopting Ideologies sets Civs apart and can lead to War along with other accumulated problems throughout the game.
  • +30 You made a promise to stop excavating their Artifacts, and then broke it
  • +20 They asked you to stop extracting Artifacts, and you ignored them
  • +10-30 We are competing for the favor of the same City-States, depends on MinorCivCompetitiveness
  • +15 We bullied City-States under their Protection (gradually decays over 30 turns)
  • +30 Conquered a City-State under their Protection, and grows worse
  • +5 They mistreated your protected City-States and you didn't look the other way (decays over 10 turns)

There are several strong bad modifiers that can easily be done like digging artifacts or not moving troops from their borders etc :)

As mentioned though, if my army is too strong, none of these will be strong enough to evoke a DoW, I think, even in combination.

My thoughts:-

- Cities: I can't capture that many because first DoW'er on me (Kilty Sour Face) went OCC, and Daft Helmet had only 2! These Honor civs are a pushover! :D Of course I razed the non-capitals, and some people hate me, but it wasn't enough for Cathy to backstab me.

- Religion: I could try to convert their cities, and it would benefit me as I have Tithe. Worth a go. If I keep spamming them, maybe they will have enough.

- WC. I will concentrate all my votes on making others' fail and proposing stuff no one wants.

- Spying. I will ask them to stop spying on me, every chance I get

- Demands. I will bully everyone I can, constantly.

- GGs. I should have enough to push a chain of citadels down into the central lands where Horsey Rider and Small Man Syndrome are, which only leaves the SW ones.

What would be best is if they all chain DoW me, then I won't have to worry anymore. Hopefully one of them will pay the others to join the war.

The biggest risk is someone winning by CV or SV before I can complete it, but if this looks likely, I think I'll just have to give in and make a DoW of my own.

T200ish Update

Handlebar Prusstache eventually got sick of my demands and citadels and arranged a triple DoW with his Red buddy to the East and Small Man Syndrome. So I took B's capital, refused peace with C and wiped N off the map so hopefully E and/or Horsey Rider would join the DoW party. But they haven't, and I only have one more plan I can try.

Trouble is, it could be a bit risky.

I wonder what would happen if I delete my whole army, and stockpile money for like 30 turns, hoping for a DoW, then buy an army out of thin air with Big Ben/Mobilisation/Mercantilism/Honor/Barracks/Armory/Military Academy and roll them.

It's not even guaranteed to get both to DoW me, and I might have to repeat the procedure. I also still have C out on that annoying peninsula. Maybe I could buy some Battleships.

Priority #1 is getting Horsey Rider to DoW because otherwise she might actually win by Culture or Science.

Is there any fool proof way to provoke a DoW?

Seems a tick random if they will or will not. All wars I fought in the China game were self defense genocides. Well not all

T278 CV

Nah, I think a DomV without DoW-ing yourself is impossible.
Spoiler :
I abused Cathy and Liz so much and even deleted my whole army and they wouldn't do it. Some part of your military rating us based on cities and their size, I think, or on technology, or something.

Even with no troops they just wouldn't bite.

Eventually, I decided just to push for an artifacts-heavy CV. I had Sistine and other Tourism wonders from capture, so it wasn't too hard. Just a hard push to the requisite techs. As in many cases, I won soon after Internet.

Too bad my only earlyish SS is of me up against it. If those brave CBs knew that one day I'd have one the mightiest empires I've ever assembled, they would be proud of their defence of the nascent 3-city Honor blob.

H-C-A with full Patronage and 6/7 in Order (just for a change).

t262 resign
Spoiler :
My worst ICL game ever! I settled in place, took food from camps pantheon, but with all the barbs and 3 early wars with Celts I think I maybe had 2 camps before her religion swept it away. I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong early... Clearly from a DomV perspective I didn't build enough units early enough. I failed to take Edinburgh with Archers, then CBs, finally took them with XBs. Steamrolled Germany and Poland easily enough, earned so much hate, but had a long DoF with Harald.

As soon as Warsaw fell I knew I had to hightail it back home, sure enough, Harald Denounces then DOWs me before I got everybody back. By then he had Ski Infantry! I thought I would lose Helsinki for sure, but I managed to push him back. I lost over half of my sweet promo'd range units battling him. Finally got some Arty (I teched all over the place) and took an expo and his cap. Was burning GSs to tech up, got Flight, just now got Biology and I have NO OIL. Screw this crap! Only 2 antiquity sites in my entire spread out landscape as well.

Nappy is a culture beast, I still haven't scouted 1/2 the map cuz so many wars with everybody, no idea if he even has a coastal city to smash. Forget about going after Liz with her range Gats and SoLs, and Cathy has the GW... I do have a road most of the way to her, but this game has sucked the whole way. My fall back plan was going to be Diplo, I have Autocracy passed as WI - but with no religion of my own I can't spread anything. I probably can pull this one out, but like I said, I have disliked it from about turn 80! (Poland sniped FP just before I popped a GE, argh! He could retake Warsaw in a heartbeat if he wanted.)

Attachments

• 2015-06-30_00005.jpg
    2015-06-30_00005.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 215
Sounds like you had a bit of a 'mare, Nige! Sounds like the biggest mistake you made is trusting Harald. Yes, he can be loyal, but he wants to be at war no matter what. I'd have never accepted the DoF if I were you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom