Language translations for leader sayings

Don't worry, we have translations for Harald Bluetooth already on the front page (DLC civs are further down the page).

Don't worry, we have translations for Harald Bluetooth already on the front page (DLC civs are further down the page).

Ah, didn't see that lol. But it seems all correct XD

Possibly a little off topic, but did anyone else hear a WWII reference in Bismarcks defeat speech?
Germany has been destroyed. I weep for the future generations. ("Deutschland ist zerstört worden. Ich weine um die zukünftigen Generationen.")

Otto von Bismarck
Speaks German.
Attacked: Depraved Villain! We will bring you under the earth! ("Verderbder Bösewicht! Wir werden euch unter die Erde bringen!")

Or to put it in slightly more eloquent terms: "Depraved Villain! We are going to put you six feed under!"

Possibly a little off topic, but did anyone else hear a WWII reference in Bismarcks defeat speech?
Germany has been destroyed. I weep for the future generations. ("Deutschland ist zerstört worden. Ich weine um die zukünftigen Generationen.")

I think he just means that since the player will rule Germany now he's sorry for the future generations.

Now Korea has been added. Once we get the dialogue, someone who knows Korean can translate it. I wonder what's next? Carthage, Zulu, Celts, Portuguese, Dutch?

Mayans another possibility.

If we go by region, Africa/Middle East and the Americas are both sorely due (two Europe, three Asia, but only one Africa/Middle East and one America).

Yeah....the voice acting is kinda...off. And he does sound like he's reading, unfortunately. Disappointed. Also, what's up with the Korea intro not talking about Korea, but just being all glorious about Sejong's achievements? For every other civ's intro, they mention what the civ did/is famous for. =_=

I think the best test is for a listener that doesn't speak the language. I suppose you could say he's trying to be scholarly, but I agree it isn't spectacular.

I definitely agree about the leader info. I would have liked something about Korea overall (basic overview of three kingdoms and unity. Straddled between the influence of Japan and China. Maybe something about modern Korea and the split post-WWII. Also include Sejong, just not exclusively).

I could translate it, but I'm hoping someone who can type Korean well will volunteer instead. Right now I'm rather disappointed with the voice actor though.... :(

I didnt bought the dlc but someone uploaded the voice files : http://soundcloud.com/twopeniswalk/sets/king-sejongs-speech

Here is transcription. But I doubt about the file names - since these names are differentl from 'normal' leader's voice file names.

SejongAttacked 가엾고 딱한 자로다. 이제 이 나라의 과학의 막강한 힘에 짓밟히고 말 것이거늘.
SejongDelareswar 네놈의 성가신 행태를 집현전은 더는 용인하지 않는다. 우리는 무력으로라도 너의 탄압받은 백성을 자유롭게 하고 깨우치게 해 주리라.
SejongDelareswarpt2 - is just last half part of SejongDelareswar. dont know why is it here.
SejongDefeated 이제 나의 백성들은 누가 지켜준단 말인가. 암흑의 시대가 도래하였구나.
SejongHateLetsHearit01 무슨말이야?
SejongHateLetsHearit02 그래서?
SejongHateLetsHearit03 계속하라.
SejongHateNo02 어림없는 소리!
SejongHateNo03 그럴 수 없소.
SejongHateYes01 흠. 그래, 좋다.
SejongHateYes03 아주 좋소.
SejongIntro 조선의 궁궐에 당도한 것을 환영하오 낯선 이여. 나는 나의 훌륭한 백성들을 굽어 살피는 깨우친 임금 세종이오.
SejongNeutralHello 안녕하시오.
SejongNeutralLetsHearit02 계속해 보시오.
SejongNeutralLetsHearit03
SejongNeutralNo02 아니하겠소.
SejongNeutralNo03 사양하겠소.
SejongNeutralYes01 좋소.
SejongNeutralYes03 물론이오.
SejongPeaceful 어찌 이럴수가. 어떠한 전략을 운영한 것이냐.
SejongRequest 동지여, 우리는 상의해야할 것이 많고, 서로에게 얻을 수 있는 것이 많소.

Now to translate them! I'm busy settling into my law school community, so I'll have to get back to you.

I will say that the intro is, "Welcoming to the Choson court, stranger. I am Sejong, the wise king who takes care of my great people."

Translations for King Sejong are uploaded! I think I may be missing one statement which didn't have the original Korean transcription though (and I don't have a Korean keyboard on this computer.)

Still need:
-Akkadian (Nebuchadnezzar)
-Aramaic (Darius I)
-Iroquois/Mohawk tongue (Hiawatha)
-Quecha (Pacachuti)
-Songhai/West African tongue (Askia)

Please help find the last ones! :)

Example:
When I declare war to Ragnar he says something, puts on his helmet, laughs and says something again. Another interesting plot is when leader lose a war and come to "congratulate".

I'm interested every non english speaking leader actions(and speech) in those situations but cannot find them anywhere.

I thought asking here cause this forum has visitors of various countries. :)

Example:
When I declare war to Ragnar he says something, puts on his helmet, laughs and says something again. Another interesting plot is when leader lose a war and come to "congratulate".

I'm interested every non english speaking leader actions(and speech) in those situations but cannot find them anywhere.

I thought asking here cause this forum has visitors of various countries. :)

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Top Bottom