God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

I would say North America, Central America, and South America are all separate regions.
Europe I would split between Western, Eastern and Scandinavia.
Africa I would have North Africa and Black Africa.
Asia is the Middle East, Far East, south East, Steppes, and Indiana Subcontinent.
Australia and Oceania are the other two.

I would add the mediteranian to that list, as a region is is quite distinct.

It's a red-white-red banner, which is a part of historic Austrian heraldry and is used as the flag today. The fact that they use it in the icon could mean that Austria is in, although it is doubtful.

Why would that mean Austria is in? The Civ in the picture being used is the Dutch, you can see their cities production. The selected unit is therefore Dutch.

Why would that mean Austria is in? The Civ in the picture being used is the Dutch, you can see their cities production. The selected unit is therefore Dutch.

I think that he feels it is a hint of sorts.

Remains to be seen I suppose. Probably not though.

Wouldn't the fact that they used it for a unit actually suggest the civ is not in? After all, if it were in, things might get confusing.

I don't think it actually means anything. 1) The signal flags would be those on the line leading up to the mast from bow and stern. 2) The National flag is mounted on the stern not the bow.

The choice of colors for all the flags don't quite match any of the international signal flag colors. This is probably just for decoration, not to actually say anything.

The fact that the Great Admiral is modern ship icon makes me wonder if the icons can now change along with the art by era?

The symbol for Great Generals throughout the game is the modern insignia for a US General, so they probably just went a similar route with GAs.

Top Bottom