God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

I think he is right - machine guns will have range of 1. otherwise 60 str seems too high.

Kinda interesting that machine guns were used for indirect fire (from the wikipedia article), but that's the kind of detail that doesn't make it into civ games - doesn't fit in the typical mental image most people get when they think machine guns.

what do you think the star icon is that comes with flight?? Stars generally involves movement of some kind, embarkation, faster roads, bridges... of course they also can indicate tile improvement increases.

Maybe it refers to some sort of airlift??? although WW1 seems a little early for that.

what do you think the star icon is that comes with flight?? Stars generally involves movement of some kind, embarkation, faster roads, bridges... of course they also can indicate tile improvement increases.

Maybe it refers to some sort of airlift??? although WW1 seems a little early for that.

Perhaps allow the construction of airfields as a tile improvement...

The Pictish Warrior is certainly the Celtic unique unit.

I realize that the screenshot implies that you get the Pict before Iron Working, but it's hard to imagine that a Str 11 classical unit with a sword is not a replacement for the Swordsman... it would be really silly to have a Str 11 Bronze Working unit and also a str 11 Iron Working unit. It's important to remember that these PR screenshots are usually mockups and not from real games. Case in point: there's no fog of war in any of the screens.

Question about the new planes. Could the other one be a UU? Austria? Or a its a new uu for Germany, Landsknecht going for...
Holy Roman empire?
Since the player in this screenshot is France, it doesn't seem likely they'd have a German aircraft for a unique unit.

Also worth mentioning is that we know the Celts' colours (in the first in-game screenshot).

So if those are two new units in terms of "Industrial" age does that mean 2K has worked on making the late game longer... No new techs, which is odd concerning Religion...

The city state in the Combustion screenshot is Antwerp and has a different symbol (Mercantile or religious city state?)

9 civilizations? I wonder if that includes the DLC. They listed 3+ Babylon,Inca,Spain,Korea,Denmark, Polynesia and not counting Mongols which everyone got for free would equal 9.

Anybody else find the spy names a little odd - "Gareth", "Mr. X", and "Scarlett" for the French? Seems a little off tone.

The city state in the Combustion screenshot is Antwerp and has a different symbol (Mercantile or religious city state?)

It's the same symbol as the trade routes, [ICON_CONNECTED], so I would presume it's Merchantile

I doubt the part about only the Byzantines being able to adopt the bonus belief hints at their UA. If that was the case, I think it would be a better design choice to just leave out the text about the bonus belief for all the civilizations that don't have that UA.

Instead, I think it's about the Byzantines having a particular affinity for Christianity, they're the first empire with a thoroughly Christian identity. Or something like that. So it kinda makes sense that the Byzantines would get the greatest advantage out of founding Christianity. I'm sure if you checked out, for instance, Confucianism, you would see that only China can get the bonus belief for that.

Bechold, there's gonna be new techs, in the very first Greg's post he writes so.

Hey Greg! I have never asked anything from you before! I just wanna know..
why the new infantry unit has a "yank" look and helmet, instead of the current british Tommy one?

Is there going to be some sort of trench infantry unit, or are there going to be some different graphic sets for units? This mystery keeps me wake at nights..

Hey Greg! I have never asked anything from you before! I just wanna know..
why the new infantry unit has a "yank" look and helmet, instead of the current british Tommy one?

Is there going to be some sort of trench infantry unit, or are there going to be some different graphic sets for units? This mystery keeps me wake at nights..

Mmm... perhaps era-specific unit graphics?

The current star for flight is "Moai Gold yeild improved by 1" so it's probably still that.

I doubt the part about only the Byzantines being able to adopt the bonus belief hints at their UA. If that was the case, I think it would be a better design choice to just leave out the text about the bonus belief for all the civilizations that don't have that UA.

Instead, I think it's about the Byzantines having a particular affinity for Christianity, they're the first empire with a thoroughly Christian identity. Or something like that. So it kinda makes sense that the Byzantines would get the greatest advantage out of founding Christianity. I'm sure if you checked out, for instance, Confucianism, you would see that only China can get the bonus belief for that.

That was my initial thought too. However, one of the articles suggests that it's the Byzantines' UA:

When pressed, Beach noted that the Celts have the ability to gain additional faith when their cities are settled against a forest, while the Byzantines can purchase a bonus, sixth belief.

Source

9 civilizations? I wonder if that includes the DLC. They listed 3+ Babylon,Inca,Spain,Korea,Denmark, Polynesia and not counting Mongols which everyone got for free would equal 9.

I believe it will be 9 totally new ones.
They listed 4: Celts, Byzantines, Mayans, and Dutch (The Netherlands).

Terracotta Army, Petra, Djenne Mosque, that's 3 out of 9 new wonders

City-states
Antwerp new, now there are two Belgian cities as city states
Bucharest
Hanoi-no Vietnam :(
Lisbon new, and rules out Portugal as one of the nine new civs
Lhasa
Brussels

Lightning bolt symbol prolly represents paganism or Greco-Roman religion

9 news civs
Byzantines (Justinian or Theodora? speaking Medieval Greek)
can purchase a sixth bonus belief
possible units/buildings: Cataphract, hippodrome, dromon
Carthage (Hannibal? speaking Kabyle (Berber) like Carthage units last game)
possible units: Numidian mercenary/cavalry, cothon, some kind of war elephant
Celts (Boudica-she looks way better than Civ4 version, hopes she speaks Welsh, but Gaelic more likely)
cities: Dublin, Cardiff
symbol: some kind of Celtic knot?
ability to gain additional faith when cities are settled against forests
unit: Pictish Warrior their symbol is prolly Pictish
Dutch (Willem of Orange, speaking Dutch)
ship that steals gold from port cities and convert enemy ships (fluyt???East Indiaman???)
can convert wetlands to profitable fields
Mayan (Pakal apparently, though the background looks like Tikal, Pakal ruled Palenque)
possible units: Holkan, Ball court

That five out of nine
what are the other four...(I hope one of them is Ethiopia, they are tied to religion and would work in the medieval scenario)

Top Bottom