The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #13 Egypt

T300 CV

Could probably have finished a couple turns earlier....

Spoiler :

Nothing incredibly exciting. 4 city NC tradition, got uffizi and chapel, missed globe. AI were pretty backwards. It was a lovefest until around T250, then suddenly everyone denounced me and closed borders, which significantly slowed things down. Bulbed 5 scientists plus rationalism finished for internet, which I got around T240, so should have finished earlier (?).

I went freedom, but maybe order would have been better, not sure what is usually best for CV? I had way too many policies (full tradition, aesthetics, rationalism, 3 in piety and 9 tenets...

Started with a Tradition / Liberty combo for culture and fast workers, then full Piety (given the UB), full Aesthetics and Freedom (with a bit of Rationalism IIRC).

Spoiler :

All went well until Siam got upset and closed borders, forcing a war to allow my GM tours. Bit disappointed with the finish time given the amount of tourism I generated throughout the game. Always seems difficult to clear the last AI culture hurdle.

I know it's an old game but anyways:

Spoiler :

Very instructive game and my best ever CV! Hopefully I can achieve similar or even better times on future games and on Deity, as well. Thanks, Acken, for your wonder-ful LP! :hatsoff:

Great job, phryxolydian!
I also managed to squeeze out a t210 CV, but with much less tourism - almost no archeologists involved (I started pumping them out towards the very end) - so I guess I was lucky with the AIs falling behind in their culture...

The map was great for my first Egypt experience. Very likeable and wonder-ful civilisation to play, I must admit!
I was never in war with anybody except for early worker steals, got 3 DoFs (Siam, Byzantine, Germany) and open borders with all civs throughout most of the game.

My game went as follows:
t37 GL, followed by 1city NC
t60-61 settled 2 more cities, getting wine pantheon and few Siamese and Byzantine workers before that
t75 filled Tradition tree
t102 education
t117 religion enhanced (via HS): tithe, sword into plowshares, religious art, religious unity
t133 filled Aesthetics - pretty sure it's the earliest I've ever filled 2nd SP tree
t174 radio into ideology (Freedom), by that time got GL, Sistine, Globe Theater and Ufizzi filled with great works
t186 Thebes got a hotel, t191 - Hermitage
t192 finally won slow-going World Fair to quickly get to the +34% Tourism from the broadcast tower tenet
t198 broadcast tower in the capital
t199 faith-bought GE rushed Eifel Tower to get to 123 tpt
t207 broadway

Attachments

• t117 capital.jpg
    t117 capital.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 207
  • t133 filled aesthetics.jpg
    t133 filled aesthetics.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 224
  • t191 hermitage up.jpg
    t191 hermitage up.jpg