English scout with 4 moves

zma

Chieftain
Difficulty: Deity
Civ: Random (England)
Map: Random (Pangaea)

For couple of turns I've had scout being able to move 4 hexes. Is there any explanation to this or is this a bug? Screenshot attached.

If it's a bug, I'd rather restart the game..

Attachments

• scout.jpg
    scout.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 347
Looks like you went past Mt Killimanjaro which gives a promotion that gives double movement on hills, which combined with the scouts ability to ignore difficult terrain means 4 moves on hills. I think it also grants faster healing or something.

Looks like you went past Mt Killimanjaro which gives a promotion that gives double movement on hills, which combined with the scouts ability to ignore difficult terrain means 4 moves on hills. I think it also grants faster healing or something.

Ok, that explains, didn't know natural wonders could give any kind of boosts to units. Thanks! :D

IIRC it's only Mt. Kilimanjaro and Fountain of Youth that does that. Both are extremely valuable promotions.

Fountain of youth only heals. Pretty sure only Mt Kilimanjaro gives extra movement on hills.

Fountain of youth only heals. Pretty sure only Mt Kilimanjaro gives extra movement on hills.

I was referring to giving bonuses to units who move past, thanks for the clarification though.

Altitude training promotion can be really useful, if it's close to me territory and I have hills around my cities I usually despatch all my troops to Killi for the training before returning home for deployment.

Never even seen the Fountain of Youth.

Mount Kilimanjaro also gives some really nice food and culture bonuses. If you can, get a city near the wonder asap, it gives +3 culture, which is tremendous early game. Then move all your longbows there once you get them, and go out and conquer!

Seriously, this thing is amazing for military units. It might be the best natural wonder in the game.

You should see what happens to Incan scouts who get the Kilimanjaro upgrade...actually, ANY Incan unit gets a huge boost from Kilimanjaro (Incan cavalry with Kilimanjaro are AMAZING in hilly terrain)

American Minutemen also do quite well with Kilimanjaro, and can also get Forestwalk promotion for truely amazing mobility...

Kilimanjaro is my very favorite NW, hands down...if it is on the map, it becomes a major objective for me...

Crus8r

I would figure that scouts from the Inca get the same benefits as any scout since all scouts ignore terrain modifiers to movement.

Speaking of which, can anyone tell me what happens to chariots with this promotion? Do they move four spaces through hills?

I love the idea that if you send a tank crew to drive their vehicle up Kilimanjaro, they'll come down with the ability to use hills as speed ramps. Picturing the Somme with whizzbangs that turn out to be launched Mk 1's.

I would figure that scouts from the Inca get the same benefits as any scout since all scouts ignore terrain modifiers to movement.

Speaking of which, can anyone tell me what happens to chariots with this promotion? Do they move four spaces through hills?

I would assume they would still lose all movement as the penalty says Rough Terrain Penalty (Entering rough terrain consumes all movement.). That said I never built Chariot archers anyway.

Top Bottom