Dawn of Colonization Sign-Ups

Mongol Empire

EDIT: Changed the History to reflect not the original Mongol Empire but a new and improved Mongol Empire rising from the ashes.

Religion: None (Tribal Shamanism)
Government: Monarchist
Capital: Karakorum (The Stared tile. It's close enough to the real life version, meh)
Leader: Genghis Khan
History: The Original Mongolian Empire fell. We know this. We cherish that memory and what came after as a lesson our people had not yet learned. It shined briefly and fell to ashes, for you see this is the way of mankind. We build and destroy so that when we rebuild it can be done better then before. Climbing to higher and higher heights until one day we will pierce the heavens themselves.

But first you must know our story. Hear me and know us. We, the Golden Horde were all that remained of those once great times. We wandered here and there, but no matter how downtrodden we became, we knew we had once been great. Can you see us in your minds eye child? Those poor people, our ancestors, had done the impossible. With only horses and will they had united a greater empire that had ever been seen by the world since. You find their descendants, echoes of their former ancestors, on a day like any other, talking about the glory days. They pass a female traveller who tells them of the Red Death. The Plague that destroyed the world itself. They have a choice now. Do they continue on in their ways or do they change?

Temujin was but a young man then, so still and quiet, his head always stuck in a scroll, reading, learning. The rest of the men barely noticed him until this day. But perhaps he had always been destined for greatness. He had been named for the leader of old, who united the tribes and destroyed a cycle of murder building something new and better in it's place. His wife kidnapped, his people turned against him, yet still the first Temujin had continued. Names have weight.

But the world is always cruel. True glory comes not from revelling in this. It comes from fighting it, the human soul crying out into the darkness "NO MORE". This was Temujin's moment. When the riders realised Civilization had fallen, when they took the female traveller and threw her to the ground. When they laughed dark laughs that craved and nourished chaos itself.

They could be better then this. They could be more. Their's could be the light that rebuilds the world itself. That pierces the heavens and creates a paradise on earth. The world was wrong. The future lay not in accepting this fact. But in making it RIGHT. People were not animals. They were small gods one and all able to change the universe itself, if just enough of them stood together anything was possible. These words and more poured out of our Young Kings heart.

But the words of the wise are wasted on dark hearts. Evil is a word that falls far too short of it's truth. For to see Evil is to know it exists, everywhere. To know Evil is to understand that the battle was lost once long ago when the world fell into darkness and shadow. The road to Nirvana will be paved with suffering and trials.

The Wise Man wishes his words alone would stop evil. But he knows in his heart what needs to be done. Good things are all too often snuffed out due to not acknowledging this truth. When Evil comes at you it will smile, it will be strong and it will want you broken. It could have been the end of it then, but the Young King was a wise man. He knew the strength of our people was in our horses and it had been him that raised each of the fowls into maturity. His hand that guided them.

I will not speak of the violence of that day. You already can guess what happened. The Young King pardoned those that saw the light, protected the traveller and when she forgave our people she married him and bore him an heir. They travelled back to their homeland and united the tribes once more. But this time we did it better. This time we did it right. Violence is our nature. The Darkness of the world surrounds us and we can use it and unleash it, but not revel in it. Not all men can become pure. But we few stuck in this dark world can use what we know to make the world better.

Step by step.

Claims:

Notes:

Religion
Can we reserve the next Religion as a Eastern influenced one? So far we have three Judo-Christian influenced ones and one miscellaneous. Would be nice to get Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Shinto or another similar in next.

EDIT: Religion request for the East sent.

He's got a point. I really don't like any of the four.

I want to be Bogomil (Heretic religion).

You have to be one of the four major religions or have no state religion. However you can do what I stated earlier in the thread... :mischief:

Religion
Can we reserve the next Religion as a Eastern influenced one? So far we have three Judo-Christian influenced ones and one miscellaneous. Would be nice to get Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Shinto or another similar in next.

:agree:

Claim Japan.

Eternal Empire of Japan:

Government: Monarchy.

Leaders:

Emperor Hirohata:

Viceroy Mejji:

Shogun Tokugawa:

Shogun Vader:

Samurai Xin:

Samurai Tom:

History: Before 3 years, general Hirohata staged a coup against the Emperor and became himself emperor. Then he proclaimed the Eternal Enpire of Japan.

Spoiler current status of map and provinces :

Map of all the provinces taken so far. Some are obviously slightly wrong as people have only posted "Claim area X" but it's good enough to let new comers see the layout of things so far.

Ravus, could you be a really nice person and remove the topmost right claim that I claimed. Thanks. :goodjob:

THE KINGDOM OF JERUSALEM

-

-

Government: Monarchy

Territory The Holy Land (DT has a map below, since mine frustratingly kept getting the red x)

Seat of Power: Jerusalem

Monarch: King Baldwin I

Religion: Catharism

Background: It is known by many names, The Holy Land, Israel, and often simply as The Kingdom. Few call it by its true name, the Kingdom of Jerusalem, named after that holy city where was the temple of God in times long past, and where the lamb who's blood taketh away the sins of the world was slain for all men.

The Kingdom was established in in the midst of fire and blood, as crusaders from the west, seeing the red death as punishment for the impious perversions of an apostate Europe, rode eastwards in the hope that casting out the infidels from the Holy Land, who had raised the throne of their abominable impieties in that land and cast down the Holy places, would ensure the persistance of the righteous in a world rapidly descending into anarchy. So from a Europe laid low with plague they rode forth as a great host, into a depopulated east, clad in bright steel, with white tabards fluttering in the wind to reclaim the holy places and destory the infidels, and before this great host the weakened armies of the east could not stand, and so they scattered to the wind into the sands, and into the fallen remnants of once great kingdoms.

Following from this victory, the crusaders endured the red death, for in leaving Europe they escaped teh worst of the plague and ensured their survival as a coherent nation. But now that the red death has passed, the crusaders are now ready to bring the Great Crusade to new lands, for the world remains full of darkness, infidels once again raise their abominable thrones of impiety west and east. The time is ripe for the infidels to be brought back into illuminating light, through fire and blood.

-

PS: You know Christos, your using the flag of Imperial China as the flag of Japan...

The Kolkatan Empire

Capital: Kolkata

Government: Monarchy

Religion: Confucianism

History: When the Red Death spread through the world, the city of Kolkata closed its gates to all who wished to enter. This did little but delay the proccess, and the plauge wormed its way inside the city within 2 months. From there, the population was decimated, with the people turning to obscure faiths and desperately grasping at the straws of belief to find some way out of the horror. When the plauge finally ended and society began to reform, it was found that the predominant religion was Confucianism, a religon that had had few followers before the plauge broke out.

The survivors now struggled to rebuild their society, and it was decided that a leader should be chosen to lead them through this, the previous rulers having all died. The chosen man was Daolitamni Kalikamra and he proved remarkably skilled at directing the reconstruction efforts. When he finally died, much of the work was complete, and Kolkata had developed far further than the surrounding areas. Daolitamni's son, Patligranama, now saw that an ambitious leader could turn Kolkata into the controling power of the surrounding region. A skilled politician, he was able to ensure not only Kolkatan power throughout the region, but also his personal power in the city itself.

Eventually Patligranama began to age, and sought to bestow his power upon his son so that his work might be continued in later generations. The two of them worked together to establish a firm line of hereditary succession, which ultimately became the Monarchy that now rules the city. Although Napumaltidi Kalikamra lacked his fathers skill in obtaining power, he was able to maintain the state Patligranama had created, and would ultimately pass the reigns of power to his own son; Kramnishalti Kalikamra. What Kramnishalti's reign shall bring has yet to be seen.

Edit: I uploaded Jeho's map below to make it easier on both of us.

DT

I'm pretty sure the opening post says something against the idea of having Darth Vadar ruling Japan...

He doesnt rule. And i have a realistic backstory. Vader's armor is a traditional japanese armor and his saber is colored red and has nothing to do with the lightsabers and the force.

He doesnt rule. And i have a realistic backstory. Vader's armor is a traditional japanese armor and his saber is colored red and has nothing to do with the lightsabers and the force.
Changing Vader's appearance doesn't exactly make him not Vader.

There is nothing un-realistic in him. He wears a traditional armor and has a traditional sword.

Aside from the fact that Vader is not a Japanese name, it is very unrealistic.

Also, Japanese Traditional styled=/=Japanese Traditional

Samurai Tom:

That's weird too.

I won't lie guys. I really didn't expect this many religion PMs. :lol:

Or interest in the game.

We, we can't start as a religion different to the ones outlined in your earlier post? Your previous response to me suggested that we could start as an adherent to a real-world religion.

I apologize. I think I misunderstood what you were asking. :(

No, but you can start as one of the major religions then declare a schism on turn one then make that your religion. :mischief:

Also, I forgot, more questions:

1) Does decreasing your tax rate increase your stability?
2) Armies and Navies increase in cost the more population you have. Is that correct?
3) How much of my GNP would it take to convert my whole population as of Turn 0 to another religion in the same religious tree?

Also I updated my background.

1.) Yes.
2.) No. If that's in the rule somewhere (somehow), it must be fixed.
3.) A lot of nations will have a percentage of people who don't identify with a religion yet that will be easier to convert. A schism religion is slightly more difficult and costly to convert a population to and a heathen religion even harder. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me at the moment but "more IS better" since if you go over, I will put the money into Cultural Tech so it isn't wasted.

I want to be Bogomil (Heretic religion).

Heretic religion of?

Religion[/U]

EDIT: Religion request for the East sent.

Yeah. I waited a several hours after sign-ups for religions and all of them came out to be European (as in, all the PMs were European).

I'll count the players tonight and lay down a few more religions if I can and maybe drop in a few NPCs to round a number up to a multiple of 4.

No no no no no no no.

No silly nations. One with Samurai Tom and Vader is a silly nations.

With ~24 nations (will add NPCs to round up and not counting Christos's nation yet), here are two more religions to balance things out.

1. Buddhism (Mongolia)
2. Confucianism (Qi)

We have three religions in Europe and three in Asia (Islam's holy city is in CivO's kingdom).

nevermind, I'm sweden.

capital is stockholm.

With ~24 nations (will add NPCs to round up and not counting Christos's nation yet), here are two more religions to balance things out.

1. Buddhism (Mongolia)
2. Confucianism (Qi)

We have three religions in Europe and three in Asia (Islam's holy city is in CivO's kingdom).

It might be a good idea to add Chirstos's nation on the assumption that he'll remove the less realistic aspects of it...

I would join, and this looks real interesting, but seeing as I'm still on your blacklist Son I'll lurk for now.

I would join, and this looks real interesting, but seeing as I'm still on your blacklist Son I'll lurk for now.

No you're not. I did have a list posted but that got taken down but no, you're not on it.

Legalistically speaking, no one is on it.

@Everyone

For the record, each update covers 7 years. (1500-1507, 1507-1514, etc)

Top Bottom