Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I have three theories! The first theorie says that at the moment every modder has a real life. The second theorie says that the incoming Greek Split steals the mana of every modder and transform them in Leugis. And the third theorie says everyone wants to be Tarcisio at the moment. :p

I have three theories! The first theorie says that at the moment every modder has a real life. The second theorie says that the incoming Greek Split steals the mana of every modder and transform them in Leugis. And the third theorie says everyone wants to be Tarcisio at the moment. :p

Yeah... we'll go with all three...

I've been fighting an issue with ynaemp and the CL_AUSTRALIA civ for some time now. Activating the Colonialist Legacies Australia Civ ends up breaking the TSL of all vanilla Civs except for Poland.

If I remove Australia, I'm free to add countless other custom Civs that work fine with their own TSL without affecting that of any others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Stripping things down to a bare minimum list of mods it still exhibits this behavior. The current running mods are as follows:

Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v. 24)
YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v. 2)
Colonialist Legacies YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v. 1)
Colonialist Legacies - Australian Commonwealth (v. 4)

I know that newer versions of Australia are supposed to have built-in compatibility and that using the Compatibility Patch at the same time could potentially be breaking things.

I've made several different attempts to work around the issue as I need the Compatibility Patch for some of the other CL civs to work.

1. I stripped out all CL_AUSTRALIA info in the Compatibility patch and nothing changed. Australia and Poland were the only ones with correct TSL.
2. I've also tried disabling the Compatibility patch altogether. That resulted in Australia being the only TSL civ. Poland becomes random like all the other vanilla civs.
3. I've made no changes to the Compatibility patch and have instead removed the Compatibility/CL_AustraliaYnAEMP.sql file from the mod and still, nothing changed. Same result as #1.

I don't understand why this is the only CL civ that causes this behavior. None of the other CL civs that I've downloaded and included seem to interfere at all in a fully set up game.

These include:

Afghanistan
Canadian Dominion
Kimberley Aboriginals
Mexican Republic
Phillipine Republic
The Blackfoot Confederacy
The Boers
The Inuit
Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters

I've been fighting an issue with ynaemp and the CL_AUSTRALIA civ for some time now. Activating the Colonialist Legacies Australia Civ ends up breaking the TSL of all vanilla Civs except for Poland.

If I remove Australia, I'm free to add countless other custom Civs that work fine with their own TSL without affecting that of any others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Stripping things down to a bare minimum list of mods it still exhibits this behavior. The current running mods are as follows:

Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v. 24)
YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v. 2)
Colonialist Legacies YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v. 1)
Colonialist Legacies - Australian Commonwealth (v. 4)

I know that newer versions of Australia are supposed to have built-in compatibility and that using the Compatibility Patch at the same time could potentially be breaking things.

I've made several different attempts to work around the issue as I need the Compatibility Patch for some of the other CL civs to work.

1. I stripped out all CL_AUSTRALIA info in the Compatibility patch and nothing changed. Australia and Poland were the only ones with correct TSL.
2. I've also tried disabling the Compatibility patch altogether. That resulted in Australia being the only TSL civ. Poland becomes random like all the other vanilla civs.
3. I've made no changes to the Compatibility patch and have instead removed the Compatibility/CL_AustraliaYnAEMP.sql file from the mod and still, nothing changed. Same result as #1.

I don't understand why this is the only CL civ that causes this behavior. None of the other CL civs that I've downloaded and included seem to interfere at all in a fully set up game.

These include:

Afghanistan
Canadian Dominion
Kimberley Aboriginals
Mexican Republic
Phillipine Republic
The Blackfoot Confederacy
The Boers
The Inuit
Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters

Database

You guys have probably noticed, but we've been a bit absent here for the past while. A lot of design feedback and discource has moved over to a content creator Discord server and as such posting on CFC kinda fell by the wayside as that started taking up more time. We've also been working on a couple of civs at once at this point, but as we're all on break at the moment, perhaps we'll be seeing some releases sooner rather than later. Those Monday releases were pretty good at kicking our arses into gear, so we might have to opt for a similar strategy if we want to get lots of civs and updates out of the way.

I'll also be posting the results for the Priority List for Civ VI so we can start talking design discussions for each of the civs. Civ VI also opens up a lot of leeway for us too to start pursuing other civs not on our priority list/agenda (like Iroquios etc. granted they aren't in vanilla).

I fixed Beothuk civ. Anyone wants to upload it to workshop?

Thanks for all your hard work! I'd update it quickfast, but I feel as if there needs to be some further explanation as to what exactly it is that you did. What exactly did you change about the Mythic Emblems, what bugs did you fix?

We'd also prefer to not change the Spearman and Ammo replenishment aspects, seeing as those were actually design decisions. I think the community here should also try and reach a consensus regarding Beothuk and Hidden Antiquity sites though (I'm open to the change).

See pedia description.

All of them. I did not write them down.

You never played the mod but now you care about this? It's confusing when one unit turns into another, especially if they don't look alike.

I'm not too sure where the hostility is coming from. It's just confusing is all.

Nonetheless thanks for your help - when we have time we might try and comb through the mod trying to loot as much lua as we can.

The Demon's Head -> Spearman was a very intentional design choice by Neirai, and we'd prefer to keep it that way. In an ideal world we'd have actual graphics that represent the Demon's Head turning into a melee unit, but we lack the time and 3D asset creators.

Maybe you should keep this "update" to yourself.

Ehh, it's all okay to be honest. I'll take a look at the newer code and see what I want to bring over. Likely there are things in there that are superior to my code; if there's a way to implement seeing antiquity sites without monkeying with the techs, then by all means I want to know how.

But certainly the official version isn't going to be replaced without us making the choice.

Ehh, it's all okay to be honest. I'll take a look at the newer code and see what I want to bring over. Likely there are things in there that are superior to my code; if there's a way to implement seeing antiquity sites without monkeying with the techs, then by all means I want to know how.

But certainly the official version isn't going to be replaced without us making the choice.

Yes but if he is going to change core components then insult the mod's creator while also ordering the creators to implement the "fixes" maybe he should check himself.

He never played the mod?
If he did he'd notice it was broken.

I'm not too sure where the hostility is coming from.
What hostility?

The Demon's Head -> Spearman was a very intentional design choice by Neirai, and we'd prefer to keep it that way.
You should upload my fixed version to workshop even if you are not gonna keep my edits so people don't download broken one while you are working on your fixed version.

I primarily play Beothuk. It works, unless you're using EUI.
I would be 100% unsurprised if at least one (if not more) of the Mythic Emblems don't work... they each have reams of code and I'd never do that particular mechanic/design again.

Hey, don't know if this was posted here before but I didn't see it when I searched but sorry if it has been, I'm getting a CTD immediately upon trying to load a game with the Dene and the "Civ IV traits in Civ V" mod. They work fine separately, and i was only trying to load those two mods. I'm using EUI but I tried it without it and still crashed. I have logs but its crashing before it writes anything to them so its probably no help, but I'll post them if you want.

Hey, don't know if this was posted here before but I didn't see it when I searched but sorry if it has been, I'm getting a CTD immediately upon trying to load a game with the Dene and the "Civ IV traits in Civ V" mod. They work fine separately, and i was only trying to load those two mods. I'm using EUI but I tried it without it and still crashed. I have logs but its crashing before it writes anything to them so its probably no help, but I'll post them if you want.

Thanks for the bug report! It's quite odd to have a CTD at loadup, it usually means that you're trying to load a unit or building with no class... I wonder if the Dene have an invalid Civ IV trait choice?

I'll add this to my list of "bugs I'd like to fix before Civ VI comes out."

I primarily play Beothuk. It works, unless you're using EUI.
A lot of people complained on workshop page that the mod does not work. I was sure it was broken for everyone.
Do you get lua error and can you see antiquity sites as soon as you start the game?

Top Bottom