Modern Alliances

guess not since i got it thursday :p Modern Alliances already in the works already - Goal for first 2.9 beta is next weekend (all unitclasses done). All of the unitclasses are currently in minus 2/3 of the planes - currently workin gout the kinks (all units have civ style buttons now, made some mistakes with some art so got to redue that). after that comes tech tree, should take several weeks, another beta. Then comes unique units with should only be a week or so, and will release update.

I will for all the unit art - its as simple as going through the units and making sure they arent pinks so I can handle that...thanks for the confidence though :lol:

Think you can give me a hand with some UU though? If i give you a list of current UU's for main WW2 classes, (ex all medium tank UU's) give me any info off the top of your head. Basically what a units signature is - so if a certain tank is good vs other tanks or what not say something like that. Anything you know off the top of your head though so no need for research

sure why not, give me the list. just bare in mind im going to bed soon so depending on how long before you send the list, i may not be able to answer while tomorrow.

Alright guess we will start with medium tanks first
Fiat m13 40
M4 Sherman
M26 Pershing
M40 Turan I
Panther
Panzer 38t
Panzer III
Panzer IV
Sherman Firefly
T-34
Type 97

Just tell me anything about em and I can put it into civ terms (ex you say good vs tanks, ill put +20% vs tanks)

Fiat m13 40 - from one i remember on this weird, it was abit weird because even tho its a medium tank its small, based off an light british tank and generaly compaired to light tanks. its gun was best feature as it was better than light tanks at the time but was out gunned within a year. it was a poor tank, poorly built and engine wasnt good enough.

M4 Sherman - cheap and quick to build. high turrent made it an easy target. match for up to panzer IV. panther alot better. no match for tiger.

M26 Pershing - weird one as its both medium and heavy tank. dont know much else about it without reading up.

M40 Turan I - all i know about that one was for the t34s up against them they were not only not a match but not even a challenge whatsoever.

Panther - one of the best medium tanks in WW2. great at open country and shooting from long range but in vulnerable in close quarters.

Panzer 38t - better than panzer 1 and 2 about the same as light tanks at start of ww2. no match for medium/heavy/infranty tanks tho

the rest will have to wait now as im too tired to think so im off to bed lol :sleep:

Panzer III - other than no match for t34 and stopped production mis war nothing else.

Panzer IV - match for t34

Sherman Firefly - fited with best british anti tank gun we had 17 pounder. match for a panther, a challenge for a tiger. germans were ordered to attack fireflys first.

T-34 - cheap and quick to build and a more than match for anything up to a panther

Type 97 - dont know anything about that japanese tank sorry.

Thanks for the info, heres the stats i get from that

Fiat m13 40 - Same stats as light tank, one extra combat, couple more cost
M4 Sherman - -15% cost
M26 Pershing - stats between medium and heavy tanks
M40 Turan I - I think -10% vs tanks but dont like to add only negative stats since then no reason to be built
Panther - +15% flatland, -10% forest/jungle, +1 combat, -10% vs infantry tanks
Panzer 38t - +20% light tank, -10% tanks (so overall 10% vs light), similar stats to light tank
Panzer III - n/a
Panzer IV - +10% tank
Sherman Firefly - +10% cost, +30% vs tank
T-34 - +10% tank, -10% cost
Type 97 - n/a

anything you find wrong or needs to be added?

M4 Sherman - -15% cost

i know as an american u will love the sherman but you and i both know it had lots of flaws and the germans destroyed lots of them but due to the fact US could produce them like there was no tomorrow and the germans couldnt make good the tanks they lost they won over so i feel it should have a negative stat maybe -5 vs tanks or something like that.

Sherman Firefly - +10% cost, +30% vs tank

if ur giving it that big of a bonus vs tanks then its combat stats need to be lower to off set that abit, as good as its gun was its still a sherman tank afterall.

T-34 - +10% tank, -10% cost

maybe the t34 should have some sort of bonus as far as its strengths vs germans tanks when they fought in russia. russian tanks would keep going in the russian winter when german tanks had long since stoped and german tanks were used to good roads to travel on and russia didnt have any so they were at an disavantage vs russian tanks.

i know as an american u will love the sherman but you and i both know it had lots of flaws and the germans destroyed lots of them but due to the fact US could produce them like there was no tomorrow and the germans couldnt make good the tanks they lost they won over so i feel it should have a negative stat maybe -5 vs tanks or something like that.
-25% cost, -10% tank, so not as effective but easily built, maybe 20% cost, -10% cost if ahve factory or something

if ur giving it that big of a bonus vs tanks then its combat stats need to be lower to off set that abit, as good as its gun was its still a sherman tank afterall.
-1 combat, no - cost

maybe the t34 should have some sort of bonus as far as its strengths vs germans tanks when they fought in russia. russian tanks would keep going in the russian winter when german tanks had long since stoped and german tanks were used to good roads to travel on and russia didnt have any so they were at an disavantage vs russian tanks.
T34s get bonust on tundra, snow - germans -%

So is the Korean War Scenerio on hold indefinetly?
Right now all of my energy is on getting this update done. it is close to completely starting a mod from scratch, and doing that with 500 plus units takes a lot of time. I really want to get this update done but it is taking a long time I just want to get it complete. Once it is done I will be able to spread out my work time much more (I beleive that the update really is insanely good/accurate that beside adding stuff like UU, scenarios which I will be doing for long time it is close to done). Once I get time I will then focus on things like Korean scenario, Gulf War mod etc.

Mind if I chime in? ;)

I take it you mean the type 97 chi-ha medium tank and not the type 97 te-ke light tank, right?

Pretty much all japanese tanks were only for infantery support and mostly useless against any real tanks thanks to hardly any armor. The original chi-ha wasn't of much use against tanks. The upgraded chi-ha had an improved gun that could challenge tanks, but it was still easy to destroy.

In general terms, japanese tanks should be much weaker than any tank they encounter. For the chi-ha, I'd go with either low strength with a bonus against infantery and a small attack bonus against tanks (to reproduce the fact that the new gun was alright, but only of real use if it could fire first), or go with moderate strength and minus a lot against tanks.

do you need info on anything else or are you good now?
Well thats just the current medium tanks (still more medium tanks to go, and all the other UU's.)
Mind if I chime in? ;)

I take it you mean the type 97 chi-ha medium tank and not the type 97 te-ke light tank, right?

Pretty much all japanese tanks were only for infantery support and mostly useless against any real tanks thanks to hardly any armor. The original chi-ha wasn't of much use against tanks. The upgraded chi-ha had an improved gun that could challenge tanks, but it was still easy to destroy.

In general terms, japanese tanks should be much weaker than any tank they encounter. For the chi-ha, I'd go with either low strength with a bonus against infantery and a small attack bonus against tanks (to reproduce the fact that the new gun was alright, but only of real use if it could fire first), or go with moderate strength and minus a lot against tanks.
I did mean chi-ha
So stats for chi-ha should be same as regular tank, -35% vs tanks, -10% vs vehicle units (they are seperate combats in next update) - Dont like decreasing combat if its just lower combat vs one class.

@both
Here is the list of light tanks that I currently have ready to be placed in, anything you know about them off the top of your head will be great - Ill be keeping a list of the stats we have made here
7TP
Fiat L6 40
M3 Stuart
M24 Chaffee
Panzer I
Panzer II
Renault R35
Stridsvagn M42
T70
Type 95 Hago
vicker 6 Ton

7TP - first diesel powered tank. much better armor than other light tanks at the time. it was better than any german light tank at the time but they made soo few that it couldnt help them. think they only made 100 or something like that. much better than panzer I&II

Fiat L6 40 - below average tank, was out of date by the time they introduced it.

M3 Stuart - lacked firepower, limited range but fast and reliable not designed to fight other tanks.

M24 Chaffee - reliable and better off road than m3. great gun for a light tank but due to its light armor even hand handle anti tank guns could take it down let along a medium tank. they were sent up against t34s at the start of the korean war and were no match.

Panzer I - light armor and only 2 machine guns, not as good as other light tanks at the time

Panzer II - its cannon it ineffective against most ally tanks.

Renault R35 - first point on this is it was a light infantry support tank because france didnt have tank units like germany, most of there tanks were used for infantry support which is one of the reasons why altho france has ALOT more tanks than france during the invasion of france that they still lost but it was well armored but slow and because it was designed for infantry support it didnt have a gun a good anti tank gun but they made a variant with a better anti tank gun.

Stridsvagn M42 - good gun, well protected and mobile.

T70 - dont know much about that soviet tank sorry.

Type 95 Hago - not designed to fight other tanks about as good as the rest of the japanese tanks.

vickers 6 Ton - this is the tank of which ALOT of the light tanks of the time were based off. due to that it was the second most common light tank in the war after the renault ft17. better cross country than other light tanks of its time but didnt compare to abit later light tanks its two man, two turrent machine gun was its best feature but one thing to bare in mind about this is altho its a british tank, Uk only ever used 4 for training. sold mostly abroad, poland, thailand and finland has the most with 30+ it was the soviet T26 which is based off this tank which is why it was the second most common light tank in the war.

just a thought i had i wanna run past you. im reading about the Parthenon in athens getting partly destroyed by a mortar in 1687 and that got me thinking shouldnt artillery have a slight chance to destroy a building/wonder when you bombard a city.

Top Bottom