Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention that any ideas for E&D for either civ is greatly appreciated. Right now Polk will have the Texas Annexation and the US Naval Academy as decisions and there are events about the Smithsonian and cholera (yes that's an Oregon Trail reference). There's nothing planned for the Colonies right now but maybe the Continental Congress or the Declaration of Independence could be decisions.

What about appointing a commander for the Continental Army? Gives you a free (named) GG and some free Minutemen?

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention that any ideas for E&D for either civ is greatly appreciated. Right now Polk will have the Texas Annexation and the US Naval Academy as decisions and there are events about the Smithsonian and cholera (yes that's an Oregon Trail reference). There's nothing planned for the Colonies right now but maybe the Continental Congress or the Declaration of Independence could be decisions.

I have a few ideas for E&D's as the Thirteen Colonies, such as Assistance from Foreign Generals (perhaps Von Steuben), Treaty of Paris, The Louisiana Purchase (later on at least), and maybe the Capture of Philadelphia. I could also happily do pedias

The only symbol I can think of is Crossed Rifles, they appeared on top of every Union Infantry soldier during the war.

Yeah I thought of foreign generals right after posting. It could work as an event where you get a free GG in the capital, randomly named either Lafayette, Von Steuben, or Pulaski. I think the Continental Congress could be a decision that has something to do with Founding Fathers. I guess the Treaty of Paris could randomly happen after making peace, maybe a free Golden Age or something. Louisiana Purchase is already one of America's decisions.

Department of the Interior could double output of strategic resources, perhaps?

Alright so what do you guys think about these decisions:

13 Colonies

Found the Continental Congress

Requirements:
2 Magistrates
X Amount of Culture
Writer's Guild must be built

Results:
A Free Policy
City with the Writer's Guild generates an additional 2 Founding Father Points for every finished Social Policy tree.

Enlist Privateers

Requirements:
X Amount of gold (increases with era and # of coastal cities)
Once per era
At least one coastal city

Results:
A free melee naval unit in every city.

Polk's America

Texas Annexation

Requirements:
X amount of gold (increases with number of cities and the city state in questions population)
1 magistrate
Once per era
A city state must be near your borders

Results:
Annex the nearby city state

Create the Ministry of the Interior

Requirements:
2 magistrates
X amount of culture
Must have finished at least one social policy tree

Results:
Quantity of strategic resources is doubled

No problem at all with the 13 colonies decision, so long as the Privateer one specifies that the units only appear in coastal cities (no idea why this wouldn't be the case, just wanted to make sure), it could be a little powerful but will probably be fine.

I have some questions about Polk's decisions however - in terms of the Texas Annexation, is there anyway it could be made more specific? I guess in terms of specifying which City state borders with you, and then the decision being called 'The X Annexation', though I'm not sure if this is possible. I feel that the combination of double strategic resources with the ability to buy a city state every era is going to be far too strong.

I guess making the Interior decision not grant double Uranium or Aluminium would be a good start to balancing it?

The way E&D works, the Annexation wouldn't be just one decision. The process allowing it to come up like that makes it appear as a separate decision for each City-State. So there would be (for example):

Annex Hanoi
Annex Budapest
Annex Kathmandu
etc

that appear when Polk and the CS share a border.

As for the second decision, there should be a way to balance it, or maybe something else that fits the Interior. I'll brainstorm on it. I do think that it should require a Great Engineer in addition to Magistrates.

Alright so what do you guys think about these decisions:

There pretty good, although I think it should be buffed to double Bonus Resources as well to reflect nature preservation of the Cabinet of Interior, to counteract that maybe a Great Engineer or Scientist, and additional Magistrate as requirements. That would be a reasonable pay off as you get necessary means of producing Improvements, Units, etc and provide Food for population increase or trade them for Gold

There pretty good, although I think it should be buffed to double Bonus Resources as well to reflect nature preservation of the Cabinet of Interior, to counteract that maybe a Great Engineer or Scientist, and additional Magistrate. That would be a reasonable pay off as you get necessary means of producing Improvements, Units, etc and provide Food for population increase or trade then for Gold

If you mean to double the yields of all bonus resources throughout the empire then yeah, that would probably be a little too good - I'm not sure what doubling bonus resources would do otherwise to be honest.

I think bonus resources giving +1 of their base yield would be fine. That way it doesn't stack with improvements, beliefs, etc so you don't get cattle tiles that yield +6 food or something like that.

And for the privateers decisions, perhaps they could disband after a certain number of turns so it's more of a "use it when you need it" kind of thing rather than an abusable free navy every era.

And for the privateers decisions, perhaps they could disband after a certain number of turns so it's more of a "use it when you need it" kind of thing rather than an abusable free navy every era.

It would be cool if the Privateers had a chance to disband after a certain number of turns, but the chance could be decreased if they have pillaged a trade route or sunk an enemy ship. I think that would be a nice way of conveying privateers only fighting whilst the potential plunder is good.

That might be needlessly complicating it however.

I think bonus resources giving +1 of their base yield would be fine. That way it doesn't stack with improvements, beliefs, etc so you don't get cattle tiles that yield +6 food or something like that.

I agree, I always thought the Privateer was a bit OP, can't wait to see how this split turns out. Also I'm going to try to find a decent background for our 11th president, Polk.

Alright so I have some events planned for the 13 Colonies:

Request a Foreign General
Spoiler :
Choice 1: Hire a young officer
Spend X gold
Get Lafayette, a unique GG, that starts off as a regular general, but through a later event can get powerful, unique bonuses.

Option 2: Hire a cavalry commander
Spend Y gold
2 free mounted units and Pulaski, a unique GG with 4 movement.

Option 3: Hire a drill instructor
Spend Z gold
Get von Steuben, a unique GG that gives +15 XP to units trained in the city he's garrisoned in and +2 XP to units stacked on him (max of +15 XP)

*Z>Y>X

Only one I'm not sure about is Lafayette. Suggestions for unique promotions or an alternate unique ability are welcome.

Treaty of Paris
Spoiler :
Option 1: God bless America!
Event has a 20% chance of firing after ending a war
Free Founding Father and a 10 turn Golden Age

A Traitor in the Ranks
Spoiler :
Option 1: Arrest Him!
Spend X gold
Lose a random GG
20% of city X defecting to city Y

Option 2: It's just rumors...
50% of city X defecting to city Y

Can only fire if you have a GG. Represents Benedict Arnold trying to sell Westpoint to Britain.

Winter at Valley Forge
Spoiler :
Option 1:We must endure
All units in hostile territory at 20 damage
75% chance they will get 10 XP and the unique Winter at Valley Forge promotion (25% defense combat strength)

Option 2: Call for supplies
Spend X gold
Units take 10 damage
25% of getting 10 XP and the unique promotion

Can only fire if you are at war and units are in hostile territory. Promotion is subject to change.

Let me know what you think of them and if you have a suggestion for them or an event that can replace one.

Alright so I have some events planned for the 13 Colonies:

Request a Foreign General
Spoiler :
Choice 1: Hire a young officer
Spend X gold
Get Lafayette, a unique GG, that starts off as a regular general, but through a later event can get powerful, unique bonuses.

Option 2: Hire a cavalry commander
Spend Y gold
2 free mounted units and Pulaski, a unique GG with 4 movement.

Option 3: Hire a drill instructor
Spend Z gold
Get von Steuben, a unique GG that gives +15 XP to units trained in the city he's garrisoned in and +2 XP to units stacked on him (max of +15 XP)

*Z>Y>X

Only one I'm not sure about is Lafayette. Suggestions for unique promotions or an alternate unique ability are welcome.

Treaty of Paris
Spoiler :
Option 1: God bless America!
Event has a 20% chance of firing after ending a war
Free Founding Father and a 10 turn Golden Age

A Traitor in the Ranks
Spoiler :
Option 1: Arrest Him!
Spend X gold
Lose a random GG
20% of city X defecting to city Y

Option 2: It's just rumors...
50% of city X defecting to city Y

Can only fire if you have a GG. Represents Benedict Arnold trying to sell Westpoint to Britain.

Winter at Valley Forge
Spoiler :
Option 1:We must endure
All units in hostile territory at 20 damage
75% chance they will get 10 XP and the unique Winter at Valley Forge promotion (25% defense combat strength)

Option 2: Call for supplies
Spend X gold
Units take 10 damage
25% of getting 10 XP and the unique promotion

Can only fire if you are at war and units are in hostile territory. Promotion is subject to change.

Let me know what you think of them and if you have a suggestion for them or an event that can replace one.

All of them are great!!! It not only historically represents the Thirteen Colonies perfectly and are pretty well thought out but they are a little rough around the edges, also had an idea for Polk, during his Presidency a Congressman by the name David Wilmot introduced what became known as the Wilmot Proviso which stated that all territories acquired from Mexico would abolish slavery. Maybe this could provide a free bonus of happiness in Cities W, Y, etc exchange from local unhappiness in City X

Well there hasn't been a vote in about two days so I'm 99.9% sure there won't be any other votes. In that case, Thomas Jefferson wins with 9 votes. John Adams comes in second with 6, Washington in third with 5, and poor Benjamin Franklin only got one vote. I'll ask Calcul8or for his Jefferson art soon.

Also, I just finished this map so I'd like to announce another future civ, the Saudi State:

Spoiler :

It's a pretty nice map, but try to give the city names a border or glow so that it looks a bit better and also style the city... "dots" accordingly.

I'm working on the northern ireland map ok don't hit me

Well there hasn't been a vote in about two days so I'm 99.9% sure there won't be any other votes. In that case, Thomas Jefferson wins with 9 votes. John Adams comes in second with 6, Washington in third with 5, and poor Benjamin Franklin only got one vote. I'll ask Calcul8or for his Jefferson art soon.

Also, I just finished this map so I'd like to announce another future civ, the Saudi State:

Spoiler :

Well if in case he denies his lending of artwork, this a decent supplement

Not great but just a precaution

Top Bottom