Caveman 2 Cosmos

I had tried to build the apostolic palace, but there is no button in the list.
My city with state religion has 20+ pop. And i had developed "Papacy" and active state religion.

Why I can't build the apostolic palace? Is there a civic, blocked the apo?

I just built it in my game so it would seem it is not a universal problem. You might need to provide more information.

Tried to start a new game and ran into the same black terrain problem. Strange since I didn't get that when I played just a few days ago. Changed settings from high to medium on all the graphics stuff and still no go. Wonder if it has to do with the map script?

Edit: Today I noticed the edit on the front page regarding the black terrain. I tried the two options I saw there (editing the config file in Modules and loading stock BTS then loading the C2C mod w/Shift held down), but neither worked. In both cases I used Play Now with a Tiny Map. I have a Radeon 4870 w/ 1 GB of memory. Win 7 64bit. 6 GB system RAM.

Tech problems: Sounds like an integer overflow.
A 16-bit signed integer can be from −32,768 to 32,767

"I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry."
So after 3 turns the amount of beakers you've put towards the tech overflows and becomes negative, I guess it then wraps around a couple more times and in 17 turns finally lands at a number between 31185 and 32767, giving you the tech >_<.

But I may be wrong and some other problem is happening here!

Tech problems: Sounds like an integer overflow.
A 16-bit signed integer can be from &#8722;32,768 to 32,767

"I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry."
So after 3 turns the amount of beakers you've put towards the tech overflows and becomes negative, I guess it then wraps around a couple more times and in 17 turns finally lands at a number between 31185 and 32767, giving you the tech >_<.

But I may be wrong and some other problem is happening here!

Quotin' myself. I am quite incorrect! I just checked my game to see what was going on, and something is definitely borked. Even in late Medieval it's not working properly, all of the techs are taking longer than they should and I'm nowhere near the 16-bit integer problem. I'm making a little over 5000 beakers, and Usury (20443 beakers) is going to take 10 turns instead of 4-5. Martial Arts (20328 beakers) will take 7 turns? It's not at all consistent. Some ~19k tech will take 10 turns and a ~30k tech will take 9? Huh?!

For some reason every tech starting at Industrial until the last era (the grey one) will take 1 turn, except radio astronomy which was over 100. When it gets to the greys they all take a long time again. So weird.

On the note of less research being counted I'm thinking it's actually intended as when checking the unmodified Civ4ErasInfo.xml file in ver. 14 a modifier on techcost has been set in every era.

This I'm agreeing with, had even set it myself in previous versions to delay techs towards later eras, thought they went too fast then.

The negative tech I've no idea about though.

@strategyonly

The siege tower has the wrong icon again. (See image) Its showing the catapult icon/button instead of the siege tower icon. :sad: Please fix.

@strategyonly

The sharpshooter has a big red ball (see picture).

In addition the El Dorado Wonder has a big red ball too (no picture).

1. Fixed
2. Fixed
3. Its in the Religious area of Andean. DH has
Code:
			<!--NIF>Art/Buildings/Dorado/Wudang.nif</NIF-->
for some reason?

On the note of less research being counted I'm thinking it's actually intended as when checking the unmodified Civ4ErasInfo.xml file in ver. 14 a modifier on techcost has been set in every era.

This I'm agreeing with, had even set it myself in previous versions to delay techs towards later eras, thought they went too fast then.

The negative tech I've no idea about though.

Thanks for posting this, because it pointed me in the right direction - the modifiers for some of the eras in that file were obviously erroneous and breaking research because they were resulting in negative beakers per turn towards the current tech. So it was easy to fix once I knew where to look, and I wouldn't have known where to start had you not posted up the file name - so cheers :)

I get a repeatable crash when I wait for the next turn with the attached save. This happens only with the current SVN (Rev 201), no problem with one from 1 or 2 days ago (but massiv issues then with non researchable techs). I have a 16 GB, i7-2600k with Win7 64 Bit.

from the other thread:
why on earth is an enemy able to take over my 120 pop capital with a spy? this is the most imbalanced thing i've EVER encountered in all games ive played in 15 years.
even if it costs 20000 espionagepoints or whatever it does this is ......

this cost me multiple 10000s of hammers because almost all buildings in the city were destroyed on recapturing. also after reconquering my culturelevel dropped from legendary to 88% barbarian culture, 6% khmer, 6% mine.

i looked at the espionageratio the turn before and he had about 3000 espionagepoints invested.

this seems horribly imbalanced.

from the other thread:
why on earth is an enemy able to take over my 120 pop capital with a spy? this is the most imbalanced thing i've EVER encountered in all games ive played in 15 years.
even if it costs 20000 espionagepoints or whatever it does this is ......

this cost me multiple 10000s of hammers because almost all buildings in the city were destroyed on recapturing. also after reconquering my culturelevel dropped from legendary to 88% barbarian culture, 6% khmer, 6% mine.

i looked at the espionageratio the turn before and he had about 3000 espionagepoints invested.

this seems horribly imbalanced.

Do you have a screen shot, also a Maximum Compatibility savedgame (one turn before it happens) so Koshling can take a look at it, thx.

i can attach an autosave if that helps.

two turns from this save suryavarman bribes my capital.

(apart from bribing cities being not that good of a feature in a modification where you spend hundreds of turns to build up such a metropolis)

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1060.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
I finally got the mod to work with V14, and was able to go into the medieval age before I got an error pop up. I can't start any game now without it popping up and CTD.

\main\civilization4\sdks\gamebryo2_0\corelibs\nidx9renderer\nidx9sourcetexturedata.cpp line:321
Thats the error message.

Hi,
I wanted to try this mod (v14), but when I click on "Single Player" or "Civilopedia" I get an CTD and an error message with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" (but no text).
Any Idea how I can fix this?

Hi,
I wanted to try this mod (v14), but when I click on "Single Player" or "Civilopedia" I get an CTD and an error message with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" (but no text).
Any Idea how I can fix this?

Do you meet the requirements of post # 7

btw Welcome to CFC.

I finally got the mod to work with V14, and was able to go into the medieval age before I got an error pop up. I can't start any game now without it popping up and CTD.

Thats the error message.

Try re-installing the DX9 that came with the BtS discs 1st. This usually works. (Good ole Microsoft :p )

If that doesn't work, then try updating your video drivers.

JosEPh

Hi.

What do I do to not load any of the extra religions, preferably without breaking saved games?
I'm in particular wanting to remove Jainism, Mormon, Scientology, Shamanism, Sikh, Voodoo, and Yoruba.

Reasons? Less to load, maybe enabling one of our players to not get Black Terrain *shudder*. With Shamanism it's more because I feel Shamanism and Druidism are basically the same thing, just popped up in different locations of the world.
EDIT: And Zoroantrism.

Epona222: You're very welcome and good job figuring the negative :science: out.
Cheers.

Top Bottom