Caveman 2 Cosmos

I'm afraid it doesn't hang for me. Can you tell me PRECISELY what you do from the save game state up until the point it hangs. When I loaded it there was one unit left to move (an early merchant) in the current turn. I just fortified it and hit enter, and the end turn completed fine. If you are doing ANYTHING different to this please let me have the details.

I clicked wait turn on the merchant and clicked end turn. Then the game freeze.
Is there a log file I can see whats happening?

Just updated to 15.1 from my 15 game and keep getting an endless turn after the save point I'm supplying.
Thought those were fixed. *wink*

Cheers

Edit: Reverting back to 15 solved it.

Edit2: Folder name for use with save game is Caveman2CosmosSolo
I use that to test out own changes and play my solo games with my own settings, as opposed to playing with others in MP games.

No hang for me I'm afraid (just ending turn from the save state). Do you have the post-15.1 patch from this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=434712 ? That fixes and end of turn hang that is present in V15.1

Sadly it only changed the display in the Goverment choice but I am still limited to 3 Citys in Chiefdom :( (have changed it to 4)

Do a max-compat save&load - that should fix such cases assuming you are using V15.1+

I clicked wait turn on the merchant and clicked end turn. Then the game freeze.
Is there a log file I can see whats happening?

Go into Assets/XML and open the file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml in a text editor. Fidn the entry for XML_LOGGING_ENABLED and chnage it's value from 0 to 1

That will produce various logs. They will appear in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs. Do your turn hang (give it a minute or so to finish stuff it is validly doing) then ZIP up the logs from that folder and post them

This one I can't load (it's not a max compat format save). Please do the following:

1) Load it
2) Resave immediately as max compat save
3) Load THAT and check it still CTDs on end turn
4) If so upload that save please

New save added at turn right before CTD in max compat save.
Tryed to load it but same result.

My Specs : Intel I7-2600K; 8 GB ram ; Nvidia 260GT and Win 7 x64

Go into Assets/XML and open the file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml in a text editor. Fidn the entry for XML_LOGGING_ENABLED and chnage it's value from 0 to 1

That will produce various logs. They will appear in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs. Do your turn hang (give it a minute or so to finish stuff it is validly doing) then ZIP up the logs from that folder and post them

I let the game stay for 5 min and nothing happened. I could go into tech tree and other menus, but the button for end turn is gone and it says waiting for other civ's.
Here are the logs.

EDIT: I reinstalled the mod and now it works!
I just figured I changed some names for great people. Might that have caused it?

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 60
I let the game stay for 5 min and nothing happened. I could go into tech tree and other menus, but the button for end turn is gone and it says waiting for other civ's.
Here are the logs.

EDIT: I reinstalled the mod and now it works!
I just figured I changed some names for great people. Might that have caused it?

It's probably academic since reinstalling fixed it for you (BTW I can't see how GP names could matter so I doubt that was it), but you're missing the (likely) key log from your logs, which is BBAI.log - did you restart Civ4 after turning logging on in the global XML? (I forgot to say to do that, but I think it is necessary)

Sadly it only changed the display in the Goverment choice but I am still limited to 3 Citys in Chiefdom :( (have changed it to 4)

Any saves already going on will KEEP any city restriction already in place due to current Civics. The changes you've made won't show until you start a new game.

New save added at turn right before CTD in max compat save.
Tryed to load it but same result.

My Specs : Intel I7-2600K; 8 GB ram ; Nvidia 260GT and Win 7 x64

Found and fixed :)

The problem was that th code didn't cope with religions being founded which had no free unit on founding (most give you a missionary). Mesopotaneism has no free unit (which may or may not be deliberate - DH?). The DLL code didn't handle this case and the CTD results.

I have uploaded a fixed DLL to the patch thread (stickied at the top of the C2C sub-forum, direct link - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10761660&postcount=1 )

Noticed in my game that Rhino Riders can be upgraded to Macemen. Is that intentional? I wouldn't mind an upgrade to something like an Elite or Armored Rhino Rider (same for the other early game animal-based units), but an upgrade to a very different human unit seems a little odd.

Found and fixed :)

The problem was that th code didn't cope with religions being founded which had no free unit on founding (most give you a missionary). Mesopotaneism has no free unit (which may or may not be deliberate - DH?). The DLL code didn't handle this case and the CTD results.

I have uploaded a fixed DLL to the patch thread (stickied at the top of the C2C sub-forum, direct link - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10761660&postcount=1 )

Thanks it works fine now. Great support by the way.

It's probably academic since reinstalling fixed it for you (BTW I can't see how GP names could matter so I doubt that was it), but you're missing the (likely) key log from your logs, which is BBAI.log - did you restart Civ4 after turning logging on in the global XML? (I forgot to say to do that, but I think it is necessary)

I did restart it and there is still no file named BBAI.log on my entire computer :(

I noticed that when the next turn started, someone adopted a religion. It might have been a religion issue?

Hi All,
Installed 15.1. Had to do it manually as would not extract to the correct folders automatically. At any rate, am now getting the following XML errors when loading:

Tag: Buildingclass_Fort_Knox in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:Modules\Hydro\Embassy\Embassy_Civ4buildinginfos.xml

Have been getting this error msg for the follwing in addition to Fort Knox:
Gateway_Arch
BNS
Valley_Kings
Big_Ben
Sydney_Opera
CN_Tower

Any ideas?
Thx.

By the way, Hydro, I have volcanos working but not in association with the event yet.

Well the volcanoes I was talking about would be terrain features. If you linked them to the event that would be awesome, otherwise I am fine with them just being a new feature on the map.

Hi All,
Installed 15.1. Had to do it manually as would not extract to the correct folders automatically. At any rate, am now getting the following XML errors when loading:

Tag: Buildingclass_Fort_Knox in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:Modules\Hydro\Embassy\Embassy_Civ4buildinginfos.xml

Have been getting this error msg for the follwing in addition to Fort Knox:
Gateway_Arch
BNS
Valley_Kings
Big_Ben
Sydney_Opera
CN_Tower

Any ideas?
Thx.

I will take a look. it could have been from my latest update.

Welcome back and thanks! :D

Nope. All picking Roman guarantees is that you start with Culture (European), which is the same as if you picked France, Spain, England, etc. Its still random if you manage to get the right resource near you.

However if you want to make sure you have that culture in your first city then go into world builder and say plop an olive resource next to your city. That will make sure you can build Culture (Roman).

C2C Perfect World is my favorite. I know each team member has a different favorite type of map. Thus if you want to experience how i play my games then use C2C Perfect World.

Thanks dude.

I like the idea of a cave being a new resource. I can think of other buildings linked to it such as Bat Guano collecting, Cave Bear Hunting, a requirement for the Cave Painting or Cave Dwelling buildings, etc. I like it a lot.

Also could you add these as new resources or terrain features?

This is much harder than it appeared!

Firstly I think you need all of these to be features not resources since:

1) They are always revealed
2) They are not tradable
3) Resources cannot be impassable

Since resource graphic assets don't work for terrain so far as I can tell, this means we can't reuse the oil graphic. Havign realised that I figured I'd try the volcano. I added a new module call 'custom terrain'. So far it just adds the volcano. This was when the fun started!

i) A DLL change was required to allow features on peaks at all from map generation. This might have unintended side effects but I think it should be ok.

ii) It turns out that peaks don't even have terrain type TERRAIN_PEAK at all!!! They are actually grassland that has the isPeak flag set. This probably explains why we've been seeing forest spread onto peaks. I have experimentally modified the DLL to cause all peak plots to have the base terrain type TERRAIN_PEAK

Having made the above changes the volcanos seem to work functionally. However, havign got them placed on the map I then quickly realised thast the graphics from the mods you pointed me to don't actually work very well. The volcanos actually kind of float above the plot which (in isometric view) makes it look liek they are on the plot behind. It looks fine viewed straight from above, but fails in normal isometric view :-(

As such I have not made any changes at this time, but I have the necessary code changes to support features on peaks (and probably fix the forests spreading there as a side effect), but still lack a suitable graphic :-(

Edit -so you can play with it (Hydro) I have attacked a RAR that contains:

1) Modified DLL that you'll need
2) Modular volcano feature (with frequency set VERY high so you can easily see it on any map with a few mountains)
3) The base terrain file is changed because the original had 'isWater' set for TERRAIN_PEAK!! (like I said - it wasn't actually USED before)

To try this out do the following:

i) Copy the stuff in 'modules' into your existing modules folder (the 'MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml' is the standard C2C one with the extra module so should be safe to over-copy, but hand-merge if you prefer)
ii) Replace the DLL in Assets
iii) Replace the main terrain def file in Assets/xml/Terrain

Let me know what you think about the graphic. I don't think it'll fly really but a second opinion would be good.

I did restart it and there is still no file named BBAI.log on my entire computer :(

I noticed that when the next turn started, someone adopted a religion. It might have been a religion issue?

Maybe, I did just fix a religion-related crash (see patch thread). The BBAI.log should be generated if you went through the steps to turn on logging in the global XML as I described in a previous post. The entry for the logging value should look like this:

Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>XML_LOGGING_ENABLED</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

This is much harder than it appeared!

Firstly I think you need all of these to be features not resources since:

1) They are always revealed
2) They are not tradable
3) Resources cannot be impassable

Since resource graphic assets don't work for terrain so far as I can tell, this means we can't reuse the oil graphic. Havign realised that I figured I'd try the volcano. I added a new module call 'custom terrain'. So far it just adds the volcano. This was when the fun started!

Well the tar pits can still be resources in the sense that they may possibly be traded. Tar could be a GOOD. One required for Flaming Arrows, Greek Fire (yes, not completely accurate), some kind of Walls add-on for defense, or some kind of Construction-- even boat building.

But the Neand Caves you're right. Although point 1 could be addressed by connecting it to a very early tech, it wouldn't make sense for it to be trade-able. It might have to be a combination of both. A cave terrain with some kind of resource that appears on it exclusively: the resource to meet the requirements of buildings in a nearby city and Neand spawning, and the terrain for the other reasons mentioned.

The other option is to not bother with all the additional things and make the caves like goody huts that are always visible and go away once you move onto them. Hmm.. in that same token, could they be made to change from Goody Hut to resource once you claim them? Like how certain animals can become a resource if killed.

Top Bottom