Fairy Tale Download and Info

I think that game looks really interesting and I will without a doubt try it out, but I won't have time to indulge myself in it as yet, since I have Civilization 5 coming in exactly a week's time. the moddability in Elemental looks really good too; no fiddling with XML and Python, I bet, but I hope you can go deeper into the game system if you require as well.

How's the modding community for Elemental?
Well here's the EWoM mod forum: http://forums.elementalgame.com/forum/756

from what I've seen its pretty fair sized

It's a pretty new game, innit? It would be quite fun to take part in it in these early stages of development too. As said, I have rather enough to do at the moment, with mods for both Civ 4, 5 and Oblivion and possibly also Morrowind going, but I will give Elemental a chance too when I get the time, because I really think it's a good project that needs to be supported.

I have solved the issue with the missing Civilopedia pages now. It was really quite a simple matter of wrong .kfm's. For some reasons the kfm's in the Vestalla folders didn't work properly and not for the Dwarven units either. Oh well; all fixed now. I will give it a testrun now and then publish Fairy Tale V10 later tonight! I just need to give Princess Erinna a proper leader portrait and some other small stuff first.

The Vestallans are done. They have all their buttons and a hero unit too (The Highwayman (!), Robin Hood-type fellow), and I placed them on four of the maps too. In the Great War, they don't have the great role they're supposed to have though. They start out outside the fighting with great persuasion towards the Empire and mistrust against Charzana and her allies. I could have moved up Kharrorch between Vestalla and Zuur, but I think this solution is better, since I think I'll want to make a different map to play the Vestallans on during the war, since killing the Demon King will win the game.

No problem. There'll be a patch for V10 later on, but right now I've found that it works really well. There will be some more balancing and stuff in the near future though.

Right now I can't wait for Civilization 5 :)

ModDB Front Page Again!

Now we're on ModDB's Front Page again. It's only like two weeks ago Fairy Tale was on there the last time and now the beautiful picture of Fairy Tale crown the Front Page once again. Wow. Once again, this will lead to a lot of attention, and that makes me really glad, since Version 10 is the best version of the mod ever and needs and deserves to be seen.

What!? Have you released v10 already? I did not know since there were no big anouncement as with the earlier versions. You have spoiled us Le Sage :D

Oh. V10 was released yesterday. I announced it on this forum in a separate thread. That might be why it was overlooked and remained invisible. Next time, I'll put the announcement right here on this one.

That is a large file :eek:
This is got to be good

Oh yes indeed :goodjob:

Patch 1

Installation

You need Fairy Tale Version 10 for this Patch to work.

Drag and drop the Fairy Tale folder found in this .zip to your mods folder in Beyond the Sword. Do NOT place it in the MyGames folder, but in the installation folder instead. Overwrite where asked.

*All Fairy Tale Maps have been reviewed and the resources situation updated.
*Balancing of the Vestallan Units.
*The Seductress Yatenga Hero is now buildable.

Download here

I am not sure I like the new maps (80x70). The resources are decreased significantly, but I think it's a little on the extreme side. I think you may have over compensate the number of resources, but that's just me (and it seems you use random placement, since it's different from the huge scenario maps). Also, you may want to consider placing more food resources around every capital cities (this usually happen with random map).

The placement is not random at all. It is scenario specific. For an example, crystal will mostly be found in the areas between the Collective and the Principality in the war scenarios. The maps will be tuned further though. I haven't tested them at all myself, but I really think it can't be any worse than it was, because I really don't like cities growing over 30. I just don't think that's sexy at all.

It might not be sexy, but it's damn good for production :p

Top Bottom