Screenshots!

I tried out a game playing Zuur tonight, but it went straight up Crap Creek. Getting Zuur going is no easy task, and it will indeed take a better player than little old me. Can anyone get it going good for the Zuur? I played them on the Age of Fairy Tale scenario map which is found in the 80x65 maps in the Playtesting scenarios recently released. I couldn't even conquer Krax and lost the battle in the last screenie and had to retreat. Sigh.

I did play Zuur, but it was the Rise of Zuur scenario, where Zuur already starting with several cities on the mainland. That one was a breeze, as Krax was the first one to be absorbed, then Elcher. After that, it's easy to conquer the rest of the world.

However, I've never started with a game where Zuur only have a single city in the island. That could be very hard considering the lack of hammer in that island.

Yeah. It is; when I had founded my second city, Elchers, my neighbour, already had four. But it should be a possibility to turn the thing around, since the Zuur get pretty good units and are able to go on conquests. Krax should be the first one to be conquererd.

The Angleeye Pass

Playing a testgame as the Empire against the united front of the Zuur and Collective. The enemy is swarming out of the Angleeye Pass, directing his march on the Imperial homelands, while our forward company in the fort makes desperate but effective resistance. The Imperial Amry is being built in the ruins of the Black Banner, but reinforcements are intercepted by the enemy and the time has come to pull back in retreat and fight another day.

The Invasion of Namyr. Edward Longhorn's Principality armies are on the march, warring with both Namyr and Angleeye. The armies of the Black Cross march south first, defeating Namyr, as seen here at Dembers, and then they turn west, to march against the all-powerful, splendid kingdom of Angleeye.

All Hail Princess Erinna, Heiress to the Golden Fleece of the Duchess of the Principality, Queen of the Kingdom of Angleeye, Knight Sister of the Rosen Order, Adept of the Eagle Order Cross of the Principality etc etc

Some pictures from a game I am currently doing.

The political situation in Fairy Tale is always interesting. There are always wars going on and deals to be made, weaknesses to be exploited and friends and foes to be gained.

The Crystallin and the Elves are deadly enemies. Look who just showed up on the shore! It's SaibotLieh's Death Angel!

Time to go to war against the Dwarves. The war is well-prepared and our armies stand ready. The Hellbeast's mission will be to take this town. Don't worry. He has artillery marching up behind, and the Black Dragon is flying in to support.

The Eastern Dwarven cities give stiff resistance, but fall and the Angleeye armies take Thorshammir after an effective campaign. In the west, the Dwarves are locked in combat against the Heroes army and only at the very end of the war can the Hellbeast march into Jormunargandr.

The war against the Dwarves need to be ended at that point though, because the threat in the east, The Principality, is again raising its ugly face on the horizon. They are gathering great armies on our borders, and it might be a good idea to teach them a lesson at this point, for Angleeye's armies are of the highest quality and capacity and if we're ever going to wage a war on the Principality - it is now!

To celebrate the peaceagreement and the Angleeye taking of point lead in the world, the Queen is also born! Yay!

During the years of peace, Namyr rises all of a sudden and vassalize the old arch-enemy of ours, The Dwarven Kingdom, and they also take the point lead. Namyr is expanding at an alarming rate and not only Angleeye, but also Elchers feel threatened by the new superpower. I have befriended Elchers and fought alongside them in a small campaign against the Kraxantine, and I now see a great world war on the horizon with Elchers and me allied against the looming threat of Namyr. Krax is vassal under Elchers and Tanite and Kharrorch are my vassals, while Namyr has two vassals on their side as well.

That could be very hard considering the lack of hammer in that island.

What about giving them some sort of 'Dummy' building not a single civ can build and which does not show up in the civilopedia. Put forexcample the UB part on NONE as replacement for the ZUUR_ISLANDSTART dummy building for all civs so they will not be able to construct it. Give it the same effect as the Easter Island statues and then add it to their first city. Problem solved ;)

Edit:
And the Sowied sea... is it partially named after Soviet? It would make sense as it is indeed the northernmost and coldest of the seas there if I am right, maybe resembling a bit the Baltic with it's Fresh-Salt water fusion...

That's a bleedin' good idea, VeBear. I'll give them a special building and place it in their Capital in all the scenarios where they need to get off the island. I don't need to place it in random map games at all, since they function normally there.

Yeah. I don't remember, but it could indeed be the "Soviet Sea". I chose names of real places and changed them into something quite else when designing the first maps and civs. Like Namyr, is really Namur, a Belgian city. Ost Weld, the Principality Capital is another form of The West Weald, a region in Oblivion and so on...

The Colony's Last Stand

Now I remember why I started out on this mod in the first place and what really got me going during those first fledgling days of Fairy Tale. Scenes like these below.

I am playing the Crystallin Matriarchy and have founded a colony on the other side of the ocean at Urfjord in the very north. It's a rather successful colony in a peaceful and lonely part of the world. I thought. In the meantime, the Collective is expanding to the west, they conquer the Dwarves and found a colony of their own near my settlements.

All of a sudden they swarm over the border with some really dangerous and scary units. This is what Fairy Tale is all about. There, they stand, my peaceful defenders, the last outpost of Civilization, being invaded by these horrible hordes of evil forces from a warlike and aggressive nation. Standing alone, defending civilization, justice, peace, home and gods in front of an overwhelming enemy of never before seen evil calibre. This is what it's all about. Heroes writing Fairy Tales!

The colony makes good defence, but when the Collective sends in its ships, and it's no longer possible for me to send my own reinforcements over the water, the end is quick. At least I took their hero and the fight continues.

God. Seeing these screenies - I need to play it again NOW and put down Oblivion for a while! Geezus, I created a beautiful, great mod! ;)

God. Seeing these screenies - I need to play it again NOW and put down Oblivion for a while! Geezus, I created a beautiful, great mod! ;)
You surely did, and I'm happy that I could help you with my units. :)

Me too... I will have to open up that old Fairy Tale mod once again :p

Top Bottom