Welcome New Members

I just wanted to say hello to everybody. Been around a long time and love the board. Been playing civ since about 93 and am 55 . My 12 year old daughter play the game also and my nephew has been playing for about 8 or 9 years. What a great game . Thanks Sid.

what is the optimal amount of cities can anyone tell me where to get a copy of alpha centauri

Hey guys. I've been counting down the days till the release for like a month now. Now that it's only a few days away, I think I'll be searching my local stores to see if they have gotten it in stock early. :goodjob:

Thunderfall just unwound ny screwed up registration. Hello all. I am one of those really rare civ players - over 60 and best of all retired. Happy gaming

tobor said:
Thunderfall just unwound ny screwed up registration. Hello all. I am one of those really rare civ players - over 60 and best of all retired. Happy gaming
There are a fair number of over 50s who play civ and hang out here. Welcome. Don't forget to look in on the Off Topic forum for non civ fun and games. :)

Just wanted to say hi.
Turning 39 on oct 31th and been playing since the first Civ came out.
Can´t wait for the newest installment in this super serie of games.

Hi, I'm from Australia, and have been waiting nigh-on 3 months for this game to come out (actually, in hindsight, its probbaly since I played my first civ game in '92).

Hi, I am from Austria and I am 38 years old. My first contact with civ in 1991. A friend of mine showed it to me and let me play some rounds ... and I become addict to the civ-series ... :)

Hi :goodjob:

Ive been occasionaly browsing the boards, and with Civ4 coming up, I decided to register, ive been addicted to Civ since I first played Civ2.

-Giga watt

I used to have an account here when Civ 3 was new but that was at least one and maybe more email addresses ago, so this is my new account. I'm yet another Australian who is pissed we have to wait longer.

Greetings. I've been lurking around here for quite a while, and hopelessly addicted since Civ II. Looking forward to spreading the glory of the Roman Empire to the barbarians yet again in Civ IV. They just never seem to appreciate what I'm doing for them.:p

Hello. I'm a Civ fanatic since the very beginning of the Civilization series. I don't know why I didn't register here earlier ;) It's the best community I've seen. :goodjob:

Greetings!!

Like everybody else, I'm anxiously awaiting the "arrival." I'm 58 years old and have been gaming since the 1980's. I still have my first PC, an Apple IIc, packed away in the garage somewhere.

I've had a great time reading all the preview articles and can't wait to start exploring Civ4. Thanks to all who run and contribute to this great site! And, of course, thanks to Sid and the gang at Firaxis.

Have fun!!!:)

Hello my is name is Ashley and I am a civ addict (“Hi Ashley :eek: ”) My first contact with civ come in 1991 when I was in college. I was doing an internship at a children’s home. One of the kids asked for help with this new game they got in the computer lap (guess what is was! :goodjob: ) I bought my on copy been hooked ever since. Did Colonization, Civ II, SMAC and vanilla Civ III. I have been lurking on the site for the past few weeks getting geeked up about Civ IV and totally kicking butt with the strategies listed for Civ III! Thanks! :king:

I've been playing Civilization ever since the original (along with its 'spinoffs' Colonization and Alpha Centauri). I've been reading Civfanatics for a couple of years now, but held off becoming a member here until today in honor of the Civ IV release this week. :D

I've been playing Conquests with the Rise And Rule mod exclusively for most of the past year, so I might be a little disappointed going back to fewer units and technologies, but I expect that all the new aspects are going to make it worthwhile! :king:

Top Bottom